Jump to content
OGXbox.com

Rocky 5 TSOP Flash Boot Loop help.


Tingle64
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello, I am stuck in a pickle and hope someone can help.

I just TSOP flashed in my Xbox and it is now stuck in a boot loop. The Xbox logo appears along with the Microsoft logo and then the system resets to do it again. I first installed the rocky 5 softmod, used the bios checker disc to make sure it was ready to flash (it displayed "TSOP?") and then used the TSOP flash mode of the extras disc to flash the system. everything went like normal and then after the BIOS was flashed and the system rebooted it just kept rebooting itself. It is at the 3:56 mark in the attached video

. I'm new at this and out of my element here, please help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tingle64 said:

Any installer disc you would recommend? the Rocky 5 disc boots into a separate "hard mod mode" now so there is no longer an option to uninstall the soft mod. will HeXen work?     

Yes the hard mod option should work fine, It will reformat C and E drives and install a hardmod compatible dash.

I use slayers 2.7 or 3.3, there is also a AID install disk, Hexen( Hexen and me are not good friends) will also work

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.
 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2020 at 6:19 PM, Tingle64 said:

Hello, I am stuck in a pickle and hope someone can help.

I just TSOP flashed in my Xbox and it is now stuck in a boot loop. The Xbox logo appears along with the Microsoft logo and then the system resets to do it again. I first installed the rocky 5 softmod, used the bios checker disc to make sure it was ready to flash (it displayed "TSOP?") and then used the TSOP flash mode of the extras disc to flash the system. everything went like normal and then after the BIOS was flashed and the system rebooted it just kept rebooting itself. It is at the 3:56 mark in the attached video

. I'm new at this and out of my element here, please help. 

Which BIOS did you flash to the TSOP?

I had a similar problem with my X3 modded console after installing the hard mod dashloader which I believe the Extras disc installs.  The problem is the bootup evoxdash.xbe file (actually Rocky5's dashloader app) looks for the file C:\ind-bios.cfg and tries to patch the ind-bios so it can mount XISO disc images.  The problem is I'm not booting the ind-bios but the X3 BIOS which the patcher fails to patch which results in the console rebooting over and over again.  Luckily the X3 BIOS's X3 Config Live can be entered before the evoxdash.xbe (dashloader) app is loaded and the C:\ind-bios.cfg file deleted or renamed.

After you boot the Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc, Hexen 2018 or TruHexen 2020, FTP to the console and look for the file C:\ind-bios.cfg.  If it is present, rename it to something else or simply delete it.

Remove the installer disc from the DVD drive and reboot the console. 

ALL FIXED!   

Is yours?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which BIOS did you flash to the TSOP?

I had a similar problem with my X3 modded console after installing the hard mod dashloader which I believe the Extras disc installs.  The problem is the bootup evoxdash.xbe file (actually Rocky5's dashloader app) looks for the file C:\ind-bios.cfg and tries to patch the ind-bios so it can mount XISO disc images.  The problem is I'm not booting the ind-bios but the X3 BIOS which the patcher fails to patch which results in the console rebooting over and over again.  Luckily the X3 BIOS's X3 Config Live can be entered before the evoxdash.xbe (dashloader) app is loaded and the C:\ind-bios.cfg file deleted or renamed.

After you boot the Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc, Hexen 2018 or TruHexen 2020, FTP to the console and look for the file C:\ind-bios.cfg.  If it is present, rename it to something else or simply delete it.

Remove the installer disc from the DVD drive and reboot the console. 

ALL FIXED!   

Is yours?

Man I wish I knew this a few days ago, I actually effed up pretty bad while trying to troubleshoot. I thought that what was happening was the BIOS was looking for a dashboard to boot to and that the softmod dash was incompatible. (Not too far off but wrong in a few key areas.) I booted into the extras disc and attempted to install one of the hardmod compatible dashboards. Big mistake. It errored out and wiped the whole C partition.

I was panning on installing and building a new hard drive anyway, so once I get the right IDE cables in from amazon I'll just build a new drive from one of the boot discs, but it sucks that I no longer have the stock HDD to fall back on.

I figured that doing a hardmod from a fresh softmod with the extras disc would be relatively safe since they were built to work with one another but I learned my lesson to not make assumptions with this kind of stuff. If I ever find another cheap Xbox out in the wild I'll know for next time its just a matter of deleting one file.         

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2020 at 3:27 PM, Tingle64 said:

I figured that doing a hardmod from a fresh softmod with the extras disc would be relatively safe since they were built to work with one another but I learned my lesson to not make assumptions with this kind of stuff. If I ever find another cheap Xbox out in the wild I'll know for next time its just a matter of deleting one file.

Maybe, since that may change on future releases of the Extras Disc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By iVirtualZero
      Hi i have a Xbox 1.0 with a corrupt bios and i discovered that the TSOP mod wasn’t done before i flashed it and ended up corrupting the bios. I tried the 3 wire trick and that didn’t work and can’t seem to find any bios reflash settings on the Open Xenium mod chip. So that really only leaves me with flashing a new chip and soldering it in. Is that the only option i have?  
    • By boydscout
      I chip modded my Xbox 20 years ago when I was in college. Not sure the type of chip but I can find out if need be. Evolution X executor rox my box load screen. Fast forward and now I have 4 kids who have resurrected the Xbox, ages 4-11. I suspect one of the kids messed up the bios but I really don't know. One day, the kids can't get into system utilities anymore and load games. Here is the screen it boots to. Not sure where to go from here to get the machine working but I can follow directions and my 11YO is as nerdy as I used to be, so I'm hoping all is not lost.

      Any guidance appreciated.
    • By SamRohod
      Hello everyone,
      I want to store my game collection in the most authentic way possible (matching Redump) but that takes a lot of storage. So, I did a little bit of research and now I have few questions (and few requests) that I hope someone could help me with.
      It seems to me that there are three main formats for storing a retail OG Xbox disc: (1) Redump ISO   (2) XISO  (3) Extracted files/Game Folder
      I did some testing with:
      Halo - Combat Evolved (USA) (Rev 2) {crc="013986d0"}
      JSRF - Jet Set Radio Future (USA) {crc="b2a882df"}
      Mortal Kombat - Deception (USA) {crc="007bcbcc"}
       
      A
      -----------------
      In the Xemu documentation it is mentioned that you can create an emulator-compatible .iso file by using either of the commands:

      -with dd:
      dd.exe if={redump_game_name}.iso of={output_game_name}.iso skip=387 bs=1M

      -with extract-xiso:
      extract-xiso.exe -r {redump_game_name}.iso

      But these two methods produce different .iso files. The one created with dd.exe is much bigger.
      A1- Are these two different forms of XISO or is the .iso file created with dd.exe just a trimming hack and not a proper XISO?
      A2- Is what is trimmed with dd.exe the same for every retail disc (meaning we can just keep one copy to rebuild every disc with it)?
      A3- What is the effect of using the two commands together?
      A4- In this post JayFoxRox says that we can separate the video and game partitions and recombine them later. Also he says that the video partition is the same for most retail games. Is that true? What games have special video partition? How to separate the two partitions and recombine them to give the original Redump CRC?
      If the video partition is the same for all/most games, that would mean that we can keep one copy of that partition to recreate the Redump ISO from any XISO file (saving a lot of space). The exception being the random padding that we need to find a way to recreate.



      B
      -----------------

      Extracting the files from a Redump ISO with with extract-xiso
      extract-xiso.exe -x {redump_game_name}.iso
      then generating a .iso with them
      extract-xiso.exe -c {Folder_with_all_the_files}

      gives a .iso file with a different CRC32 to the .iso file that is created from
      extract-xiso.exe -r {redump_game_name}.iso
       
      I tried to use IsoBuster 4.8 (free) on a Redump ISO. It worked for listing the LBA for the files and for extracting the game files.

      IsoBuster always showed 4 partitions for the Redump ISOs:
      SEP13011042
      SEP13011042072
      VIDEO
      XBOX

      and two partitions for the XISO created with extract-xiso:
      -        {it's just a dash}
      XBOX

      The files didn't change (I extracted again and compared) but I noticed that the some LBA for the files is different. Maybe there is something else that is different as well?
      B1- Is there a program that can create/edit ISO files based on LBA information (maybe like PS3 ISO Rebuilder with IRD files)?
      B2- Does this mean that we need to create files like IRD files for the PS3 (Layout files?) to be able to recreate an XISO file from extracted files?
      B3- Anyone knows a program that can do that for XISO files? For Redump ISO files? (similar to Redump2IRD)

      Note: I tried IsoBuster 4.7 and didn't work for me. In their release notes for 4.8 they mention {better XISO support}.

      General Questions:
      1- Do you think we should start a database for the random blocks seeds using the tools in HERE? (even though we can't do it for all discs right now)
      2- Can anyone provide the attachments from this thread?
      3- Can anyone provide a compiled version of this program?

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.