Maladin

A Few Beer and a Few Xboxs

Just got 3 xbox for $6.35 Canadian. Two are booting in so far. Gonna be a fun night cleaning and replacing heatsink grease. Wish me luck :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maladin said:

Just got 3 xbox for $6.35 Canadian. Two are booting in so far. Gonna be a fun night cleaning and replacing heatsink grease. Wish me luck :)

don;t bother replacing thermal compound, since it's not a paste. Will make no practical benefit. Trust me with this one.

A bit late now as I've already redone the paste. Got one fully working. Number two is working except for a mechanical issue with the DVD drive. looking into that now before I move on to number three :)

Thanks. Two are working. The third  board powers on automatically when you connect power and the power button will not turn it off. Aside from that it will work and play a game so I'm trying to figure out what that issue is.

4 hours ago, Maladin said:

Thanks. Two are working. The third  board powers on automatically when you connect power and the power button will not turn it off. Aside from that it will work and play a game so I'm trying to figure out what that issue is.

sounds like trace corrosion issue

On 9/16/2020 at 5:26 PM, bolofski said:

sounds like trace corrosion issue

20200917_181639.jpg

All working and TSOP flashed. Now to wait for the drive belts and caps to arrive from China.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AlaskaCC
      X3 install  with the push button panel on the front. It will not boot to MS Dash if I push and hold the power button. It quickly flashes red then switches to blue and boots to UnleashX. If I load the X3 menu (hold white button on startup) and select "Reboot With X3 Mod Disabled" it works perfectly - boots to MS Dash. I can also reach the MS Dash by selecting it from the UnleashX menu. Why won't the power button bypass function correctly?
    • By 1HGEJ8
      I stored my xbox in a closet for several months and when I tried to play it again it first showed me error code 08, then I opened it up and moved a few things around and when I tried it again it showed up as error code 12. It seems to switch back and forth from one to the other, I’m not sure if it’s the disc drive that’s bad, the hdd or the cable that connects to both. It worked fine before. I can hear the disc drive read discs when I put one in and the hdd working.
    • By technoob
      What is the average temperature of a modded Xbox (at boot and after playing for 1 hour, just an example ) ?
      Does the temperature get higher if games are played from HD or discs ?
      What to do if it's too high / how to change the fan settings to reduce the temperature (in Slayers 1.7 or other dashboards like XMBC or Unleash, etc...) ?
      Is there any other setting to check in order to keep the temperature stable or lowest as possible?

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.