Jump to content
technoob

Question About Temperature and Fan Settings

Recommended Posts

What is the average temperature of a modded Xbox (at boot and after playing for 1 hour, just an example ) ?

Does the temperature get higher if games are played from HD or discs ?

What to do if it's too high / how to change the fan settings to reduce the temperature (in Slayers 1.7 or other dashboards like XMBC or Unleash, etc...) ?

Is there any other setting to check in order to keep the temperature stable or lowest as possible?

Edited by technoob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After you boot up your temps should idle at 35-45°, depending on your room temps.

From HD the temps go up higher as from dvd but nothing you should worry about.

In Unleshed you can find the fan settings in the system setting under "Xbox Admin Area" (on default skin).  In XBMC4Gamers you can set the fan temp also under system settings. And by Slayers you mean Evo-X i guess. There i have no clue cuz i don't use it, sry.

After gaming. Good question. Would say it also depends on the game and how much the ahrd drive works. Would guess 50-65C but also depending on room temps.

So maybe it's easyer to say what temps you have on which dash.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, technoob said:

What is the average temperature of a modded Xbox (at boot and after playing for 1 hour, just an example ) ?

Does the temperature get higher if games are played from HD or discs ?

What to do if it's too high / how to change the fan settings to reduce the temperature (in Slayers 1.7 or other dashboards like XMBC or Unleash, etc...) ?

Is there any other setting to check in order to keep the temperature stable or lowest as possible?

There are a few threads on the site discussing temps and thermal paste.

the Xbox will cut out at 72c so if it is doing this I would change the thermal paste and up the bios fan speed, they are normally set at 20%.
Depending on which dash you use you will get different temps, somewhere between 40c and 60c is good.

the dash fan speed will stop being relevant once you start a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

After you boot up your temps should idle at 35-45°, depending on your room temps.

From HD the temps go up higher as from dvd but nothing you should worry about.

In Unleshed you can find the fan settings in the system setting under "Xbox Admin Area" (on default skin).  In XBMC4Gamers you can set the fan temp also under system settings. And by Slayers you mean Evo-X i guess. There i have no clue cuz i don't use it, sry.

After gaming. Good question. Would say it also depends on the game and how much the ahrd drive works. Would guess 50-65C but also depending on room temps.

So maybe it's easyer to say what temps you have on which dash.

yup slayers it's evox, it uses farenheit,  it seems (just checked at boot, these are the values):

MB 87.8F

HDD 57.2F

CPU 99.1F

But they get higher after I play for a while (1 hour or so) example: CPU goes around 110F (if I recall correctly last time I played it)

 

I'm from Sicily, so very hot all around (but I've just placed the Xbox in the colder room of the house... afternoons here are boiling)

 

should I worry / set different fan speed ?

 

Edited by technoob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with those temperatures

100f = 38c

What fan speed have you set ? If it was mine I would slow the fan to reduce noise and let the temps rise a little bit around 120f/49c when playing a game

 

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Nothing wrong with those temperatures

100f = 38c

What fan speed have you set ? If it was mine I would slow the fan to reduce noise and let the temps rise a little bit around 120f/49c when playing a game

 

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

that's cool (literally, lol)

well, the fans yeah they're a bit loud but it's no worry for me if it means a healthier console on the long run... also the TV makes bzz sounds so they both make a good background noisy orchestra in the end lol (really old TV but surprisingly better than the newer one for RGB / Scart visuals).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By thebigjoe1@gmail.com
      All, 
      i just recently resurrected my old modded xbox. I upgraded the HDD and used Hexen to set everything up. Everything seems to work great except that any changes from the dash in UnleashX will not save. Once rebooted, everything reverts. However if i FTP into it, and make changes from the config.xml file, those take. I would rather not have to do it that way. Any suggestions on what i can do?
    • By AlaskaCC
      X3 install  with the push button panel on the front. It will not boot to MS Dash if I push and hold the power button. It quickly flashes red then switches to blue and boots to UnleashX. If I load the X3 menu (hold white button on startup) and select "Reboot With X3 Mod Disabled" it works perfectly - boots to MS Dash. I can also reach the MS Dash by selecting it from the UnleashX menu. Why won't the power button bypass function correctly?
    • By FerociousOG
      Any suggestions for a Rev 1.0 replacement CPU fan or larger heat sink replacement?

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.