OGXbox.com

Original XBoX + UnleashX Year 2020 Problem

65c102

Hi guys, I've just joined. Great forum

I have an original xbox softmodded with unleashx

I have found an issue when setting the clock to year 2020, after a reboot the clock goes back to 2006. Setting the clock to year 2019 works correctly

Im guessing the problem is some form of bug with the 2 digit year value in the RTC

Do you guys know if anyone has worked on a patch for this ?

Thanks

Thanks for your replys

Yes I did the SID installer route using splinter cell many many moons ago

I tried setting the clock in unleashx and in the ms dash but once unleashx loads the clocks goes back

I could disassemble the code in unleashx and patch it myself but not knowing where to look in all that code might take some time

Is there another version of unleashx that doesnt have this clock check funtion ?

Thanks

-------------- edit ---------------

just been looking into xbe file structure on wiki and I got a headache already, ive never messed around with xbox files before gonna look for some tools to disassemble this dashboard and see if I can find the code that checks the clock and just patch it out with some nops or something

Edited by 65c102
hope to fix this

It's the softmod that's causing the problem not the UnleashX dashboard.

When booting, the softmod checks for the date/time value to be between a known min and max value.  If the date/time is not within that range, the clock is set to the min value.

Backup your C drive using FTP then upgrade the old SID softmod to Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool using the Build v1.1.7 / Installer Variants / Quick Upgrade.zip content.  Instructions inside the archive's Read Me.txt file on how to use it.  The C drive will no longer have the MS dashboard available to run from it.  You can upload a clean file set of the MS dashboard version 5960 back to the C drive or use the Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc to re-install it.

Can you avoid having that, for me annoying, Shadow C protection?

I've used his softmod before as a test bed but TBH couldn't get on with it. I fiddle, a lot, with settings and edit the config.xml regularly and I just found the whole thing too much hassle for my taste. Great protection for noobs and those whose Xboxes are used by others but not for me.

XBMC4Kids likewise.

Question is why was the SID max time value set so low - if you're going to put a time check in like that why not just set it to 12.12.9999?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 3:19 PM, KaosEngineer said:

It's the softmod that's causing the problem not the UnleashX dashboard.

When booting, the softmod checks for the date/time value to be between a known min and max value.  If the date/time is not within that range, the clock is set to the min value.

Backup your C drive using FTP then upgrade the old SID softmod to Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool using the Build v1.1.7 / Installer Variants / Quick Upgrade.zip content.  Instructions inside the archive's Read Me.txt file on how to use it.  The C drive will no longer have the MS dashboard available to run from it.  You can upload a clean file set of the MS dashboard version 5960 back to the C drive or use the Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc to re-install it.

Thanks for providing instructions on how to proceed with Rocky5's installer. I've recently run across this clock issue myself but seeing as I originally ran SID back in like 2006 I didn't really know where to begin in updating the softmod. Cheers.

• Thanks 1