Sign in to follow this  
Sceriffo

Iso To Hdd. What Do You Use/Prefer?

Just wondering... as title says, what is the procedure you use and/or prefer to transfer your ISO games to HDD?

I see "Qwix" does this, but I also read something about "C-Xbox". Both seem to do basically the same things more or less. What's your experience about this matter? Do you know any other software for this purpose?

My OSs are mostly linux based, I have no windows machines, so if something for linux exists I'm happy to hear. However, I can use windows virtual machines.

Thank you, have a good day.
Sceriffo

Upon research I read something that brought me some memories.... XISO!

I did remember reading about XISO format but not having a XBOX back in the day never got a clue what it was. I think the ISO i have are not XISO. I got 'em from Redump, so I think that Qwix and C-Xbox will not work, but I'll try and see what I can do.

Have a nice day all

Archival ISO's (those dual-layer disc images with Redump-certified MD5 hashes) can have the XDVDFS portion extracted with XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2.

Redump does not provide the actual disc images only information to check the validity of original media archival rips.

2 hours ago, xbinwin said:

I use XDVDMulleter to extract ISOs and then transfer them over to the XBox via crosslink cable

Thank you, that's what I did in the end. Extracted 5-6 games with it and got them working. Also I created XISOs to keep in my NAS with C-Xbox and saved a lot of space ;)

8 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Archival ISO's (those dual-layer disc images with Redump-certified MD5 hashes) can have the XDVDFS portion extracted with XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2.

Redump does not provide the actual disc images only information to check the validity of original media archival rips.

I did find that tool and used it, all good ;)

You are right about redump. I'm pretty familiar with the project. Before I meant to say I got them and the hashes matched the redump dumps. Now I shrunk them and saved a lot of space, DVD-DL media is a huge beast to archive :D

Thank you all guys,

Sceriffo

• Like 1

Will using XDVDMulleter to extract ISO images certified by redump provide the same compatibility as using DVD2Xbox with my legitimate copies of games? I read something about certain games needing patches to run from HDD, is that something I should be worried about if I'm using XDVDMulleter and not DVD2Xbox?

Edited by wwaha
Spelling and clarification regarding redump