Sign in to follow this  
roflandstuff

Bad At Soldering. Is This Mb Ruined?

Title says it all, I suck at soldering. the lead pulled off when i was putting on a wire. Am I pretty much SOL with this board? I have another but I'm rather discouraged from doing anything to it now.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by roflandstuff

We all have to start somewhere.  I would probably put this on the shelf since it "can" be fixed, but probably just a hair out of your current skill set.
The three biggest things that improved my soldering was getting magnifying glasses, practice and watching some soldering videos on youtube ~ recommend Voultar's videos; but there are others.  The right wire (30awg kynar), flux (lots of flux) and a decent soldering iron (I did not say expensive) go a very long ways.
I would also recommend getting a practice board; easy enough to pick up something from a thrift store for cheap to practice soldering on.

Thanks, I work in IT and have access to plenty of junked computers i can practice on. I did have all of the above that you mentioned... just need practice I suppose. Thanks again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By LudoVicThor
      hi i just softmodded my xbox and look for tips,must haveeither games emulator apps etc
      Thanks
    • By masterchief217
      My OG xbox wont turn on. Not a single bulging or leaky cap. I was going to replace all the caps but I noticed this and I dont know what it is, how to tell if its bad or how to order a new one. It looks kinda burned on the top but it just appears to be the rubber and not the part itself. is there a way to check it with a multi meter. The part I am asking about is the one in the first picture
    • By hastings298
      Is anyone able to identify this faceplate? What version was it originally as it appears to have been painted. Came attached to this xbox I bought off a former playboy bunny 

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.