C64MidRezzie

What Is the Most Popular Skin?

What skin do you all like?  I'd like to use xbox xbmc emustation but I can't seem to get Coin Ops Ninja Massive to appear on it - so I'm looking for an alternative skin - any ideas greatly appreciated - thanks.

Hi. I really liked to use Xbmc4Gamers. But I can't figure out how to make it the default shell, so I use it as a program and run it from UnleashX. I have little experience with Xbox customization, I'm just learning)

14 minutes ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I'm a sucker for Mulatto...  oh, and those Latinas, wow!   :)

This guy’s got the right idea. 

But seriously, I’ve come to love XBMC4GAMERS. It’s very minimalistic but once you get some artwork installed it looks incredible. 

I’ve not used emustation, but I’m almost certain you could get CoinOps added using the Please login or register to see this link.

If you wanna go real Old-fashioned, you could just install XBMC. Personally I think it’s the best looking dashboard out there, and also is great for accessing files over SMB. It’s just not nearly as well optimized for using emulators/games on. 

• Like 1

XBMC-Emustation and XBMC4Gamers are both awesome. I use both on various Xboxs I have. You can definitely get CoinOPS and Ninja to appear in the menu. To use it as the default dash, simply make a shortcut using xbeshortcutmaker to the default .xbe for XBMC-Emustation and place it in the c drive. I usually edit the current dash in the c drive to evoxdash_bak.xbe. Then name the shortcut you created to evoxdash.xbe (assuming you are currently using the unleashx dash). This way if you decide to go back to booting from your original dash, just delete the shortcut you added and remove the _bak from the original file.

• Like 1

The Xbox 360 looking blades-style skin for older versions of XBMC is MC360.

For newer XBMC4Xbox releases, take a look at JX720.

I posted a file with my Top 10 UnleashX skin picks. Although there are hundreds if not 1000's I've not looked at or found a copy of to try.  All the old Xbox skin web sites are offline. :(

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By HDShadow
      Received an Xbox for spares I bought off Ebay. The thing I wanted it for was the working disc drive and all seems OK with that although it is my least favourite Philips VAD6011/21.
      The Xbox was listed as having error 16 - which it does so I was prepared just to swap out the disc drive but the rest is in pretty good nick, a bit of dirt and fluff on the the MB but all cleanable so I'm now thinking about actually trying to get it working again.
      But no extra cost so I'm not going to fit a chip or buy/build an eeprom reader (the eeprom of course is unknown) and I've been researching the best way of doing this.
      Rocky5 in another forum about a year ago posted about using Chimp 261812 on another Xbox and hot-swapping in the error 16 HDD (set to cable select) and using Chimp's Fix Error 16 option. Sounded good until the guy who was asking had trouble getting the HDD either to unlock or be recognised by Chimp.
      The solution that apparently worked was to use an installer disc instead of Chimp 261812 and actually hot-swap the error 16 HDD in for the main HDD and use HeXEn or whatever to install a softmod on that before swapping it back.
      Another solution I found suggested hot-swapping to an IDE USB adapter/housing and using either Xplorer360 or XBHDM USB to install a dashboard. I've had 'fun' with that sort of thing before and almost gave up trying to get the hot-swapped HDD to be recognised by Xplorer360 before it actually worked.
      So what method has worked for anyone else here wanting to fix an error 16 and is there some other, cost free, solution I've overlooked?
      BTW all the information I have suggests this is a Xbox v1.2: Conexant VE, Philips disc drive, 21st Feb 2003, China but I know there is difficulty distinguishing between the v1.2 and v1.3. I'd like it to be a v1.3 and then I'd have a full house but the evidence and my waters tell me this is a v1.2.    
    • By bulkchart32
      i know that ninja gaiden black had some of the extra content and updates but it didn't have it all. how can i get this content now?

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.