OGXbox.com

>Easy XDK Installer V1.3.1<

Collaboration between SweetDarkDestiny & Bowlsnapper

-------------------------------------------------------------

Easy-XDK-Installer-Box-Art.png

This is an easy way to turn your retail console into a debug kit. There are two main options:

1. Install the XDK dashboard as an "app", meaning that you will have the option to load the dash as an app which will be marked "XDK Launcher" in your apps list. This will boot the dash by booting a Debug version of Cerbios through PBL, which forces the load of the XDK dashboard.

2 "Standalone mode" wipes your C and E partitions and turns the console into a full-on debug kit. The installer also provides the means to flash a debug enabled Cerbios bios through this option.

This should cover most case uses. However I will add features and modify the installer over time as I receive feedback. Much credit for this installer goes to sweetdarkdestiny.  We both discussed this as an installer and its likely usage/features and this was the result. I am sure that more will come along as time goes on. I am open to suggestions, and please offer them!

Also included is every single piece of software imaginable on the PC side. Everything from Windows XP itself, to Visual Studio 2003, to the XDK installer, and of course, the VMWare image linked below.

The XDK version numbers are a lie. 5849.16 is the latest version of the XDK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installer Links:

Fichier: https://1fichier.com/dir/4vwEvoBS

Mega: https://mega.nz/file/Judz2bSZ#Ow4i6L__3aTHTqAMwGZHB3PX1rzDydvb2Imc1S0-glM

screens.thumb.gif.9217c1952381f88d135b34

VMWare XDK Image: https://1fichier.com/?kkyhkgx1cwi8oawhy4zy

Screenshots.thumb.gif.07f97bb9718fbf85de

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.3.0. Changelog:

- Changed the skin.
- Changed the structure of folders and XBE files.

- Added MD5 checksums for the ISO/EXE files to the installer.
- Added the option to boot into retail mode from the XDK-Dash through 
  PBL as app. This is however not for the App Mode! Would serve no purpose.
  Only if you have standalone mode XDK installed! 
- Added some visuals like covers, videos and such...
- Added a repair options for each partition for app & standalone mode.
- Added the option to re-flash the Debug bioses.
- Added the option to copy each of the PC disc's one by one.
- Added a Back to Retail option for the Standalone Mode. 
- Added an XDK Uninstall option for the Application Mode.  

- Added a copy of the flashable bioses to the root of the drive so you 
  can use it to flash SmartXX, OpenXenium, Xenium, XChanger etc. chips 
  right of the disc.

With 1.3.1: Fixed a bug that was causing the disc to crash in Xemu in some instances.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• Bowlsnapper changed the title to "The Easy XDK Installer"
10 hours ago, Meerjel01 said:

Full instal guide? Like if burned discs are usable for this or how else?

Just burn the iso with imgburn and run it in the xbox. It has scripting that will take care of the job for you. It also has all the software you will need on the PC side, although I need to immediately post the link to the VMware XP/XDK image that's out there. It makes the process much easier if you wish to take the VM route (not my cup o tea. I like my setups difficult and impractical, lol.).

Actually I will probably make an ISO of the PC-side software that isn't XISO so that it can just be inserted into the PC. I'll do so tonight. Should make things much easier for people.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Just burn the iso with imgburn and run it in the xbox. It has scripting that will take care of the job for you. It also has all the software you will need on the PC side, although I need to immediately post the link to the VMware XP/XDK image that's out there. It makes the process much easier if you wish to take the VM route (not my cup o tea. I like my setups difficult and impractical, lol.).

Actually I will probably make an ISO of the PC-side software that isn't XISO so that it can just be inserted into the PC. I'll do so tonight. Should make things much easier for people.

Thank you for all of this Bowlsnapper. It is an incredibly valuable asset to have and again thanks for putting this together

• Like 1

12 hours ago, willis said:

Thank you for all of this Bowlsnapper. It is an incredibly valuable asset to have and again thanks for putting this together

And MY thanks goes to dardestiny for being resourceful and thinking of many things to improve what he's done already. 

• Like 1

The debug Dashboard works very nice, thank you for sharing. Can someone explain how i can add Games or Apps from my HDD to the launch menu of the debug menu? Wanted to try some of the unreleased Games which require debug BIOS...

21 hours ago, Blobby85 said:

The debug Dashboard works very nice, thank you for sharing. Can someone explain how i can add Games or Apps from my HDD to the launch menu of the debug menu? Wanted to try some of the unreleased Games which require debug BIOS...

Really any executables in the "E:\Devkit\" folder can show up, as they are scanned when the dashboard loads. I would just create a folder called "Games" or whatever seems appropriate to you in the "devkit" folder and place game files in their own respective folders. Keep in mind that retail, signed executables cannot run when launched from the dashboard. This is not really intended to be a main dashboard. If you would like to install it as an "app" dashboard, the option is in the installer to do so. Or you could conversely load it as your main dash (also an option in the installer) and then use Pheonix Bios Loader to boot into a regular dashboard/modded setup, which is how I have my system set up currently... even though it's in pieces due to being in mid-construction right now 😛

2 hours ago, Joker1551 said:

Is there any plans to make signed and unsigned games playable?

It will be made easier to go into a modded dash with a retail BFM bios from the XDK dashboard and just launch games from XBMC, UnleashX, etc.. In order to launch retail games from the XDK dash, it's kind of a pain (it can be done a certain way) and honestly would not really serve a purpose.

• Bowlsnapper changed the title to The "Easy XDK Installer"