OGXbox.com

XMBC4Gamer Artwork Installer Full install pack.

nikeymikey

I have seen a few people having issues with downloading the Artwork Installer so I went ahead and grabbed the latest version, along with the Preview Videos and 128mb Fanart and have uploaded the whole thing to share here.

Xbox Artwork Installer 3.1.7z

Just FTP to your console and run the xbe. Choose in the options if you wish to install the 128mb Art and/or the Preview Videos or not. 

@Rocky5 I hope this is ok to share here, if not then please let me know and I will remove it immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As long as all elements are up to date I don’t mind. 

Normally downloader issues are caused by ISPs blocking DNS lookups or port 53. You can add a file named “disable_dns_check.bin” to the system folder & that should fix most issues people have. 

Edited by Rocky5
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 8:18 PM, RMM said:

Where does downloader store the artwork for the roms for the various consoles when you download those packs?  or does it?  Just from looking through the files it doesnt appear the rom artwork is saved.

The Artwork installer doesn't have any art for any emulator roms. Only Xbox games/Apps etc. 

On 1/8/2024 at 11:38 AM, nikeymikey said:

The Artwork installer doesn't have any art for any emulator roms. Only Xbox games/Apps etc. 

XBMC-Emustation downloader has an option for downloading RessurectionXtras artwork for many different console systems.  I assumed since downloader was being used for both XBMC4Gamers and XBMC-Emustation that both could download the artwork for various emulator systems but looking closer at it, I see XBMC4Gamers doesnt have the option.   Some of these artwork zips are quite large which made me wonder why downloader didnt save them but I guess this is more of an XBMC-Emustation question now.  Of course XBMC4Gamers and XBMC-Emustation function differently in the way they handle emulators so I understand why XBMC4Gamers doesnt offer the RessurectionXtras artwork although I do feel it could still be useful.

5 hours ago, RMM said:

XBMC-Emustation downloader has an option for downloading RessurectionXtras artwork for many different console systems.  I assumed since downloader was being used for both XBMC4Gamers and XBMC-Emustation that both could download the artwork for various emulator systems but looking closer at it, I see XBMC4Gamers doesnt have the option.   Some of these artwork zips are quite large which made me wonder why downloader didnt save them but I guess this is more of an XBMC-Emustation question now.  Of course XBMC4Gamers and XBMC-Emustation function differently in the way they handle emulators so I understand why XBMC4Gamers doesnt offer the RessurectionXtras artwork although I do feel it could still be useful.

I guess I can grab the Artwork Installer from Emustation as well. It may work to install emu art if you run the xbe from the file manager in Gamers? I will give it a try later. 

On 1/10/2024 at 8:43 AM, nikeymikey said:

I guess I can grab the Artwork Installer from Emustation as well. It may work to install emu art if you run the xbe from the file manager in Gamers? I will give it a try later. 

Send me a message as I can’t for some reason, says I can only send zero messages 😂🤷‍♂️

need you to test something.