OGXbox.com

XBMC4GAMERS Artwork Issues

cobhc

Hi all,

Bit of advice please. I'm running XBMC4Gamers and I had to copy over my games again to my F drive after previously getting the artwork working as some games were corrupted when they were copied over, but now I can't get any art work or synopsis to show apart from the default thumbnail for each game. Resources is enabled, and trying to re-run the artwork installer doesn't do anything. Any ideas? Games launch fine.

Edit: I have the games in alphabetical folders this time, so added custom paths in the artwork installer and it's installing artwork now.

Edited by cobhc

Posted (edited)

And now after adding the custom folders for the artwork installer to scan, it went through and added all the artwork without an error, but it locked up after exiting the installer and now I can't boot into XBMC4GAMERS anymore. I just get a blank screen after the Cerbios Animation.

I'm running Cerbios on a TSOP modded console and even Safe Mode locks up after showing the Safe Mode screen now.

Edited by cobhc

Did it perform fine before Cerbios? When I add artwork, I always run the built in Thumbnail Cleaner script to wipe the existing ones. I can't remember if it's Clean or Remove, probably Remove.

What size hdd? Did you use the correct cluster sizes for Cerbios? They are different than a normal hdd. Hazeno has a guide that shows what size to use according to your hdd. For my 3TB, I used 256. Did you delete G, and format F to Max in FatX? Using the correct UDMA bios?

Edited by NokSueCow
  • Thanks 1

It's had Cerbios on it from when I bought it a few months back.

It's now booted, but took forever. I think it may be the IDE to SATA adapter so I have a Startech one coming. It's a 2TB drive formatted using the Hazeno guide so G is deleted, F formatted to max, etc.

I'll see if the Startech adapter helps and I'll run the script you mentioned as well. I also have a new 80 wire IDE cable coming which can't hurt to try as well.

Thanks for the tesponse.

I just tried the delete option on the thumbnail script and it's made a huge difference! It's back to how it was before now! Thank you so much.

I'll still play with the cable and adapter with the different versions of Cerbios as you say, but at least it's not minutes for it to boot up now.

• 3 weeks later...

Press the white button and refresh all content when in the "Games" menu of XMBC4Gamers. Sometimes when I FTP games over to my Xbox I forget to run the artwork installer before I click into the games menu and it leaves black cases or default cases on all of my newly transferred games. The content refresh will fix that once you install new artwork.