OGXbox.com

OGXbox Installer Cerbios Edition

Bowlsnapper

1 hour ago, MadMartigan said:

I haven't even tried again. Got busy with work and xbox orders. I will give it a shot over the weekend. Week days are nuts 

For what it's worth I DID burn all the discs and they work, some even burned at 10X. So unless they corrupted in between my download from fichier and my upload to Mega, I would say you either have a corrupt download or bad burn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

For what it's worth I DID burn all the discs and they work, some even burned at 10X. So unless they corrupted in between my download from fichier and my upload to Mega, I would say you either have a corrupt download or bad burn.

I burned the same disk. Worked fine.

• Like 1

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread feel free to move it accordingly

I recently installed an OpenXenium mod chip on my 1.0 xbox and successfully flashed Evox M8+ via some online tutorials, it all went smooth. However, I ran into some issues while trying to flash the mod chip with Cerbios via the OGXbox Cerbios disc 2.3.2. Here is what I did:

1. Installed OpenXenium mod chip

2. Flashed Evox M8+ bios

3. Installed 500GB Sata HDD with Startec adapter and 80 wire cable

4. Used OGXbox Cerbios disc to run XB partioner and split most of the space between partition 1 and 6

5. Used OGXbox Cerbios disc to attempt to flash Cerbios UDMA5 256kb to the chip using Xblastos, Evox, and Gentoox (separately). Xblast wouldn't respond to the LT, RT, Start, White confirmation screen. EvoX showed "Manufactures id 09 device id 00 flash not writable, erased". Gentoox simply said "flash failed".

What step am I missing? The OpenXenium chip purchased has the Make MHZ logo instead of teamexodus on the boot up screen if that makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Bigtime said:

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread feel free to move it accordingly

I recently installed an OpenXenium mod chip on my 1.0 xbox and successfully flashed Evox M8+ via some online tutorials, it all went smooth. However, I ran into some issues while trying to flash the mod chip with Cerbios via the OGXbox Cerbios disc 2.3.2. Here is what I did:

1. Installed OpenXenium mod chip

2. Flashed Evox M8+ bios

3. Installed 500GB Sata HDD with Startec adapter and 80 wire cable

4. Used OGXbox Cerbios disc to run XB partioner and split most of the space between partition 1 and 6

5. Used OGXbox Cerbios disc to attempt to flash Cerbios UDMA5 256kb to the chip using Xblastos, Evox, and Gentoox (separately). Xblast wouldn't respond to the LT, RT, Start, White confirmation screen. EvoX showed "Manufactures id 09 device id 00 flash not writable, erased". Gentoox simply said "flash failed".

What step am I missing? The OpenXenium chip purchased has the Make MHZ logo instead of teamexodus on the boot up screen if that makes a difference.

Well, this is a question regarding the Cerbios Disc, which is technically not the installer. I do not have the ability to move the post, but we can attempt to fix the issue here. 

I would not use Xblast, or anything else, for that matter, to flash any of the 2MB available in the openXenium flash. I would use the XeniumOS itself. XBlast is probably not flashing your chip because it doesn't know how to address it anyway and cannot interface with the CPLD (that MAY be incorrect. If it is, please somebody here correct me). XeniumOS is all you need to flash the chip and I honestly cannot imagine using anything else. You can either network flash or load from disc or the HDD, but I would not use any other method to flash an OX other than XeniumOS itself. Once Cerbios is on the flash, make sure to enable fastboot so that the chip will load Cerbios upon power-on the the power button. Otherwise, you will still boot to XeniumOS and have to boot Cerbios manually every time.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/35318948/xenium-os-v20-user-manual

Here is a link to the Cerbios 2.3.2 thread. It has UDMA versions, depending on which SATA adapter (if any) you are using.

8 minutes ago, Marty said:

Using a Microsoft XBOX controller, or third-party controller?

If he's getting to that point, then his controller is working. :)

6 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Well, this is a question regarding the Cerbios Disc, which is technically not the installer. I do not have the ability to move the post, but we can attempt to fix the issue here. 

I would not use Xblast, or anything else, for that matter, to flash any of the 2MB available in the openXenium flash. I would use the XeniumOS itself. XBlast is probably not flashing your chip because it doesn't know how to address it anyway and cannot interface with the CPLD (that MAY be incorrect. If it is, please somebody here correct me). XeniumOS is all you need to flash the chip and I honestly cannot imagine using anything else. You can either network flash or load from disc or the HDD, but I would not use any other method to flash an OX other than XeniumOS itself.

Here is a link to the Cerbios 2.3.2 thread. It has UDMA versions, depending on which SATA adapter (if any) you are using.

If he's getting to that point, then his controller is working. :)

I see, so basically flash the chip the same way I flashed it with EvoX M8 but use Cerbios. I was under the impression that OGXbox Cerbios disc was a kind of one stop shop when setting up a modded OG Xbox and would reduce the chance of bricking something.

4 hours ago, Bigtime said:

I see, so basically flash the chip the same way I flashed it with EvoX M8 but use Cerbios. I was under the impression that OGXbox Cerbios disc was a kind of one stop shop when setting up a modded OG Xbox and would reduce the chance of bricking something.

If that's how you flashed M8, then yes. Cerbios is just another 256k bios, so nothing should be different about how it is flashed to the chip. No real reason Cerbios Disc would reduce the chance of bricking that I can think of. Maybe for people who are new to flashing, yes. Cerbios disc is pretty cool but I think is intended for dumber chips/flashes. Like basic 256k Aladdins, for example. The OX OS is pretty user friendly, honestly and all you really need is to make sure you are flashing the bios that you are sure you want. Other than that, it's a piece of cake. :)

So, I flashed the Cerbios bios (UDMA5 256K) via the OX OS and it flashed fine. However, now it loads Cerbios boot screen then FRAGs with a blank screen. Is it possible the HDD is not configured correctly? Maybe something with the HDMI adapter( I'm using? I replaced the HDD with a 500GB SATA, star tech adapter, and 80wire cable. EvoX and the retail bios still boot up correctly.....so far. Any thoughts?

Yes, that's always a possibility. Check to be sure all the appropriate cerbios files are in your root C such as bios.bin, cerbios.ini, boot animations, etc. Also be sure you've got your dash files in there also. 

Edited by MadMartigan
C is being changed to an emoji

8 hours ago, Bigtime said:

So, I flashed the Cerbios bios (UDMA5 256K) via the OX OS and it flashed fine. However, now it loads Cerbios boot screen then FRAGs with a blank screen. Is it possible the HDD is not configured correctly? Maybe something with the HDMI adapter( I'm using? I replaced the HDD with a 500GB SATA, star tech adapter, and 80wire cable. EvoX and the retail bios still boot up correctly.....so far. Any thoughts?

Wait a minute... the console boots WITHOUT a FRAG, and then FRAGS after the bootscreen? A FRAG is when you power in the gonsole and it shuts off and on twice then stays on. After that, the LED is Flashing Red and Green (FRAG) If you are crashing after a bootscreen then it must be a system error. Nothing shows up on the screen in green print with a number in the corner? Its truly a BLANK screen?

15 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Wait a minute... the console boots WITHOUT a FRAG, and then FRAGS after the bootscreen? A FRAG is when you power in the gonsole and it shuts off and on twice then stays on. After that, the LED is Flashing Red and Green (FRAG) If you are crashing after a bootscreen then it must be a system error. Nothing shows up on the screen in green print with a number in the corner? Its truly a BLANK screen?

I thought FRAG was flashing red and green at any point. Mine would load up the Cerbios boot screen then the console starts flashing green and red but screen would stay black.

I did get it to work in case anyone finds this helpful. I'm pretty sure I wasn't setting up the new HDD correctly or forgetting certain files for the desired dashboard.

I reformatted the HDD with FatX but I preloaded the C and E drives with Hazeno's zip files. I followed his tutorial on his website https://www.hazeno.com/home/hdd-upgrade-2tb-and-under . Once this was done I plugged in the HDD and booted the Cerbios BIOS previously flashed via OX OS, everything worked great.

While I'm more of a tinkerer than a modder I appreciate the help OGXbox has provided while I researched.  It's nice to see everyone helping out other people who have issues with their install that are not as knowledgeable, not just this forum but almost any modding forum or source. Thanks! AND big thanks to all the people who created, support, and continue to create new stuff for the scene.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigtime said:

I thought FRAG was flashing red and green at any point. Mine would load up the Cerbios boot screen then the console starts flashing green and red but screen would stay black.

I did get it to work in case anyone finds this helpful. I'm pretty sure I wasn't setting up the new HDD correctly or forgetting certain files for the desired dashboard.

I reformatted the HDD with FatX but I preloaded the C and E drives with Hazeno's zip files. I followed his tutorial on his website https://www.hazeno.com/home/hdd-upgrade-2tb-and-under . Once this was done I plugged in the HDD and booted the Cerbios BIOS previously flashed via OX OS, everything worked great.

While I'm more of a tinkerer than a modder I appreciate the help OGXbox has provided while I researched.  It's nice to see everyone helping out other people who have issues with their install that are not as knowledgeable, not just this forum but almost any modding forum or source. Thanks! AND big thanks to all the people who created, support, and continue to create new stuff for the scene.

I was only saying that the only FRAG I have ever seen originates at boot. I have never seen a FRAG happen after a boot animation. It makes me question whether it was truly a FRAG, if you know what I mean. My assumption was that you were experiencing a system error because of something wrong with dash files, but for some reason not being able to see it. 

Thank you for the kind words. It's  great place.

On 1/23/2024 at 10:37 PM, Bigtime said:

First of (Bownsnapper already pointed that out) you should post in the right topic. OGXBox Installer 2021 CE vs. OGXBox Cerbios Disc. Different discs.

Both disc's are "a one stop shop". If you would take your time to se though the option and sometimes even take a look at it in the file browser (More for pro users who wants it all).

ANd why using a flasher EvoX, XBlast what ever when you can do that from the xenium menu? I mean not even a kid which tries to be cool would do that (snapper?).

And funny thing, OFC Hazeno's files wörk right away. It's basicly a backup of an xbox hdd with no setup needed.

So let me ask you why you don't have set up a dashboard and such with the disc? To easy? Maybe better use HeXEn next time.