OGXbox.com

Debunking MakeMHz

NeMesiS

3 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Sure you and Dustin won't get upset?

Last thing we need is more malicious behavior and false DMCA claims!

Could you agree that the Stellar Elim Module is of my own design and not a clone of your Legacy HD addon?

I can't speak for him, but show me your software you intend to run on it.

5 minutes ago, Ernegien said:

Your jumping the gun a little don't you think?
I will need working hardware to be able to even test the software.

9 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Could you agree that the Stellar Elim Module is of my own design and not a clone of your Legacy HD addon?

Any chance you could answer this?

2 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Your jumping the gun a little don't you think?
I will need working hardware to be able to even test the software.

Any chance you could answer this?

Yes, the S.E.M is your own design (it's like an hour of work in kicad) that requires someone else's software before it can actually do anything, congratulations on your achievement. Perhaps you can answer my questions regarding "your" HDMI board design?

4 minutes ago, Ernegien said:

Yes, the S.E.M is your own design (it's like an hour of work in kicad) that requires someone else's software before it can actually do anything, congratulations on your achievement. Perhaps you can answer my questions regarding "your" HDMI board design?

Agreed, there's nothing special about it at all...

So then there should be no issue in me releasing the schematic for it?

Anything wrong with devs from the community in using that device to make a firmware of their own?

4 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Agreed, there's nothing special about it at all...

Anything wrong with devs from the community in using that device to make a firmware of their own?

I'd love to see the community actually create something of their own for a change.

7 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Could you just answer the questions please...

Edited by NeMesiS

1 minute ago, NeMesiS said:

Could you just answer the questions please...

I thought I did? but it's become a whole lot of me answering your questions in my honest opinion and none of you answering any of mine. I could care less what people do in the community as long as its their own original work. Copying others and profiting off of it is a bit of a dick move.

You're going to release schematics regardless of what I say here so I personally could care less; they're easy to recreate anyways.

And I'd love to see devs in the community actually create something of their own without ripping off other people's stuff.

28 minutes ago, Ernegien said:

I thought I did? but it's become a whole lot of me answering your questions in my honest opinion and none of you answering any of mine. I could care less what people do in the community as long as its their own original work. Copying others and profiting off of it is a bit of a dick move.

And I'd love to see devs in the community actually create something of their own without ripping off other people's stuff.

A simple "No" would have been enough...

You don't need to start insulting the community, you wonder why people respond to you the way they do.

Was that reactionary too?

Point being if I am unable to so much post the schematic for the Stellar Elim Module then how exactly
do you expect me to show everything else that's involved including technical details as you had requested.

40 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

If it's okay with you I would like to ask @OGXbox Admin permission to post the Stellar Elim Mod schematic.
I'm happy to forward the schematic to OGXbox Admin for inspection before doing so...

You're going to release schematics regardless of what I say here so I personally could care less; they're easy to recreate anyways.

It is my schematic, I should be able to do with it as I please..

52 minutes ago, Ernegien said:

Yes, the S.E.M is your own design

I could care less what people do in the community as long as its their own original work.

So... We good?

Edited by NeMesiS

9 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

A simple "No" would have been enough...

You don't need to start insulting the community, you wonder why people respond to you the way they do.

Was that reactionary too?

Point being if I am unable to so much post the schematic for the Stellar Elim Module then how exactly
do you expect me to show everything else that's involved including technical details as you had requested.

If it's okay with you I would like to ask @OGXbox Admin permission to post the Stellar Elim Mod schematic.
I'm happy to forward the schematic to OGXbox Admin for inspection before doing so...

It is my schematic, I should be able to do with it as I please..

So... We good?

You don't need my permission to release your hardware schematics which are useless without software you've yet to create 😂

I'm still waiting on my HDMI board questions to be answered in some sort of technical nature regarding the QSB.

Just now, Ernegien said:

You don't need my permission to release your hardware schematics which are useless without software you've yet to create

No, I shouldn't need permission from you but it still doesn't stop MakeMhz from abusing DMCA.

Not like MakeMHz does everything on he's own. Who designed the Legacy HD addon?

How do I properly test the software without having the hardware?

You can't build a house until you've laid a good foundation...

13 hours ago, Ernegien said:

I’m telling you (which anyone can independently confirm) the site just allows the user to upload their copy of the retail 5838 bios directly to the Stellar chip over USB, nothing more. The combining of Dustin’s original code (StellarOS firmware) and the 5838 bios image supplied by the user happens within the Stellar chip on each boot cycle. You appear to be implying Microsoft stuff travels between the end user and Dustin, but that’s simply not the case; he doesn’t host any of that.

54 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Sure you and Dustin won't get upset?

Last thing we need is more malicious behavior and false DMCA claims!

50 minutes ago, Ernegien said:

Why is it OK for MakeMHz to have the Stellar use code MakeMHz doesnt have copyright of?   The Stellar is using code from Microsoft in order to function. 

If you are going that route, why couldn't NeMesiS require the user to upload their own software for the elimination module just like MakeMHz requires users to upload copy protected code for Stellar to work?   Don't be a hypocrite. 

The elimination module doesnt even prevent MakeMHz from selling their HDMI mod.  It just allows people to use their own modchip.  Why complain about that?

38 minutes ago, RMM said:

Why is it OK for MakeMHz to have the Stellar use code MakeMHz doesnt have copyright of?   The Stellar is using code from Microsoft in order to function. 

If you are going that route, why couldn't NeMesiS require the user to upload their own software for the elimination module just like MakeMHz requires users to upload copy protected code for Stellar to work?   Don't be a hypocrite. 

The elimination module doesnt even prevent MakeMHz from selling their HDMI mod.  It just allows people to use their own modchip.  Why complain about that?

Nemesis hasn't created any software of his own; that's the difference.

Still waiting on answers to my questions regarding "his" HDMI design's QSB technical details.

14 minutes ago, Ernegien said:

Nemesis hasn't created any software of his own; that's the difference.

Still waiting on answers to my questions regarding "his" HDMI design's QSB technical details.

Cuz no one's asked you (that I've seen anywhere, so sorry if it's been asked!)

would you be interested in helping make firmware or giving tips or anything? not just for this project, but for anything the scene does, the more input the better! could even help migrate some people to nxdk so there's more legal things to play with

(and I pinky promise this is not meant to come off as dickish or assholy and I'm sorry if it does)

or are you under some like, contract or nda where you can't help in any way with anything the Xbox scene does/ it's a conflict of interest or something?

(again, genuine question, not intending for it to be malicious at all)

Edited by founchki
added more questions

4 minutes ago, founchki said:

Cuz no one's asked you (that I've seen anywhere, so sorry if it's been asked!)

would you be interested in helping make firmware or giving tips or anything? not just for this project, but for anything the scene does, the more input the better! could even help migrate some people to nxdk so there's more legal things to play with

(and I pinky promise this is not meant to come off as dickish or assholy and I'm sorry if it does)

or are you under some like, contract or nda where you can't help in any way with anything the Xbox scene does?

(again, genuine question, not intending for it to be malicious at all)

Ask around, I think you'll find I help all sorts of people out in the scene, both publicly and privately; it might surprise you. I'm not interested in this stuff unless you're paying me $250+/hr though 😄

2 minutes ago, Ernegien said:

Ask around, I think you'll find I help all sorts of people out in the scene, both publicly and privately; it might surprise you. I'm not interested in this stuff unless you're paying me $250+/hr though 😄

Oh i know you're incredibly helpful in the community, was just asking if you're up for taking on another project lol

Would payments in snickers bars help at all?

• Haha 1

I don't think there is inherently anything wrong with SEM product if used with the claimed intentions and I didn't agree with the DCMA of the wiki page of course as it rightly didn't share links to firmware and expected users to purchase a xboxhd from makemhz. Although not clear how the user was meant to get the firmware as it couldn't be like dumped from the xboxhd board you purchased which is normally how these things go 

SEM did seem like more of a targetted jab at MakeMhz than a genuine attempt to increase availability of xboxhd boards without stellar but that's besides the point and an opinion only.

I really hope Nem doesn't just release his hdmi board with the microcontroller effectively moved to the SEM board as some kind of loop hole and intend people to use SEM and "the community" will write the firmware knowing full well it will be 100% binary compatible with MakeMhz firmware by unbelievable odds. But I look forward to his technical overview of his design and will reserve further judgement. If the community is expected to write firmware id expect an overview eventually to be exceptionally thorough so we stand a chance of even beginning to help on the firmware side.

There is loads of changes from my design based on previous images shared so genuinely curious why so many changes. I don't even know what this QSB thing is for tbh. I was pretty proud of my design and didn't expect it to need many (if any) major changes.

If based on my design as claimed there is loads of debug logs Nem could provide here which would probably actually tell him or me what's going on if he is having troubles. There's is also an extremely good chance I could just tell him what's wrong with source code and/or a schematic. His source must be quite different from mine as it's been ported to a different IC. I would help at a much more reasonable price of $200 per hour. (But actually I'd prob help if given genuine questions about my design for free)

Edited by Ryzee119
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2023 at 11:56 AM, Ernegien said:

The problem with your questions (and many others' as well) is they're usually all over the board and hard to track whereas I'm always talking about the same specific thing, but I'll try my best.

I'm trying to focus on the discussion at hand but you seem to continuously get distracted!

Do you think we could talk about the same specific thing instead of going off track all the time?

12 minutes ago, Ernegien said:

I'm trying to but you're not making it easy...

I need some reassurances that I or anyone else offering insight into this project do NOT
become the target of malicious behavior of any kind whatsoever.

I don't think you can blame me for being cautious considering your and MakeMHz's recent actions...

I still cannot decide! wether Emily(Ernegien) is taking it or giving it! Either way,The Pineapple must feel good! lmfao. Emily needs to go away. (sorry for my lack of NOT swearing) But she's not worth it at this point in time! 

I'll give her something to get wet over! I've just employed a company to engineer an  HDMI PCB fot the OG so as I can sell it. Now I will go the extra mile and pay another coder to adjust my firmware to suit it! Cannot wait to give it away as "open source". it will be my best contribution to the OG community thus far.. go figure. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3