OGXbox.com

Internal Xbox2Hdmi?

sixspeed

Was thinking earlier… could you essentially remove the OEM AV port on both the Xbox and Xbox2hdmi and just wire the Xbox2hdmi chip directly to the motherboard? Then 3d print a secure holder for it with backplate. So you can plug hdmi directly into the back of the Xbox with a stock look. 

Just trying to think of alternatives to HD+/Stellar but still internalizing the install for a clean look. 

7 minutes ago, sixspeed said:

Was thinking earlier… could you essentially remove the OEM AV port on both the Xbox and Xbox2hdmi and just wire the Xbox2hdmi chip directly to the motherboard? Then 3d print a secure holder for it with backplate. So you can plug hdmi directly into the back of the Xbox with a stock look. 

Just trying to think of alternatives to HD+/Stellar but still internalizing the install for a clean look. 

I don't see why not.

This person did just that and didn't even remove his A/V port. Now has the best of both worlds. :)

Fuck stellar. Honestly, My pound cable looks fine to me. The blacks are a LITTLE dark but I assume they were trying to compensate for analog brightness noise floor. The contrast actually looks good. It works perfectly fine as an HDMI solution.

If peeps are after a really nice conversion of the component to HDMI, well there is the Extron DSC-301 HD. I have one. Also a Kramer 7 series.

It is as good and has the same ADV chip as a very costly Crystalio II upscaler.

I have it because I am also into Laserdisc and AC3 THX etc, so it is a bit of overkill maybe for Xbox, but the Shmups lot also use it.

Because it's become, sort of popular under the radar, prices have risen a bit, but I actually picked up a brand new box unused one for £35 plus post. So you can find them reasonable occasionally. Kramer also do some good ones too in the 7 series. These devices used to cost heaps, but can be now picked up cheap.

I bet the picture may even surpass the digital hdmi mod because of it's features. Not that I've bothered to compare it as I'd have to make the cable up for it.

Just another option to consider that's not much more than a pound cable. My Kramer was the same price, it's a bit big though :)

I put one of these into my soft modded xbox   https://electron-shepherd.com/products/analog2hdmi i followed a youtube vid thats in german . 

I have to say it is much better than any of the converters i bought on amazon analogue to hdmi and similar cables to the pound cable and also almost as good as other ones costing 7 to 8 times the price. 

7 hours ago, Maddoc said:

I put one of these into my soft modded xbox   https://electron-shepherd.com/products/analog2hdmi i followed a youtube vid thats in german . 

I have to say it is much better than any of the converters i bought on amazon analogue to hdmi and similar cables to the pound cable and also almost as good as other ones costing 7 to 8 times the price. 

@SS_Dave should see this. Then check out Dave’s signature if you’ve never payed attention to it. 

Edited by MadMartigan
Clarification
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Marty said:

I gotta ask....why would you go through all that fuss, but keep a soft-mod?

Just curious.

Because i started backwards i bought a soft modded xbox didnt like any of the cables to hdmi, so when i saw the yt vid i decided to buy electron shepards and put them in an xbox and am trying to learn how to do cerbios and tsop for a 1.4 and chipped (which ive done) for a 1.6 and a 4tb drive.   Would love if someone would do an internal 3d printed houseing for the electron shepard that could be anchored to the motherboard would definately buy that. 

Edited by Maddoc
Spelling

On 8/18/2023 at 5:48 AM, Maddoc said:

Because i started backwards i bought a soft modded xbox didnt like any of the cables to hdmi, so when i saw the yt vid i decided to buy electron shepards and put them in an xbox and am trying to learn how to do cerbios and tsop for a 1.4 and chipped (which ive done) for a 1.6 and a 4tb drive.   Would love if someone would do an internal 3d printed houseing for the electron shepard that could be anchored to the motherboard would definately buy that. 

Good man. It's the only real way to mod. :)

oh I posted one in the second post. Anchoring to mobo has been done :) @Maddoc

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 8:27 PM, sixspeed said:

I have a couple of th Electron Shepherd analog2hdmi boards and am hoping to source a couple of these pcb's to make it even easier... I have an hd+ in one of my boxes but don't think I will be going with hd + with the others...

Screenshot_20230828_222129_Chrome.jpg

FB_IMG_1693287163863.jpg

Edited by MilkMan2004