OGXbox.com

Internal Analog2HDMI error

herooftheday

Hi I installed an Analog2HDMI in my xbox 1.0 with the help of these PCBs:

Everthing went smooth video looks great but sadly no audio.

I have booted into original dash and turned off dolby surround to surround and ac3 and dts off butr still no luch.
Is there a fix for it?
I checked everything with a multimeter and the scematics and seems to be good there.
😃

Edited by herooftheday

3 hours ago, herooftheday said:

here are some pics

photo_1_2023-12-20_19-01-03.jpg

photo_2_2023-12-20_19-01-03.jpg

photo_3_2023-12-20_19-01-03.jpg

photo_4_2023-12-20_19-01-03.jpg

I think the Electron Shepherd pulls the audio from the digital out, (SPDIF) doesn't it? Have you made sure that digital audio output is selected in the MS Dashboard and that the adapter is wired for it? Sorry if thta's kind of a dumb question. 😛 

Maybe this could help also:

13 hours ago, herooftheday said:

Hi I installed an Analog2HDMI in my xbox 1.0 with the help of these PCBs:

Everthing went smooth video looks great but sadly no audio.

I have booted into original dash and turned off dolby surround to surround and ac3 and dts off butr still no luch.
Is there a fix for it?
I checked everything with a multimeter and the scematics and seems to be good there.
😃

I have a couple of the boards but haven't got around to installing them yet, I have way too many projects on the go and they keep sliding further down the to do list...I will try to set some time aside in the next two weeks and see if I have any luck..

9 hours ago, applesauceman said:

Where did you source those pcbs?

9 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I can't find gerbers either. 

I couldn't find Gerber for them, but there was someone selling them on Facebook

If either of you guys need one, I could probably spare one..

Edited by MilkMan2004

39 minutes ago, herooftheday said:

SOLVED 1.0 have issues with spdif just use analog audio.

😅

Their website says this issue was fixed on the newest xbox2hdmi..

"With this newest version of this module, V3, the Digital Surround Sound audio input has been fixed to work with every revision of the Xbox.  "

guess that didn't transfer over to the analog2hdmi ...

thanks for mentioning it, I was going to put mine into a 1.0, saved me the headache .. looks like it will be going into a 1.3 after i fix the trace rot.

4 hours ago, herooftheday said:

That is how I have it since the begining.

photo_2023-12-21_16-49-59.thumb.jpg.0023fcc6ceae6499712e83c8d69c931a.jpg

Well I'm glad selecting the audio type Got you moving. But I'm sure the electron shepherd pulls a signal from the digital and can use it. Is it hooked up? Look at the AV pinout. Pin 6 is positive and the ground is pin 24. It'll sound much better than the analog audio if you can get it to work.

2 hours ago, MilkMan2004 said:

Their website says this issue was fixed on the newest xbox2hdmi..

yes xbox2hdmi not analog2hdmi

10 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Well I'm glad selecting the audio type Got you moving. But I'm sure the electron shepherd pulls a signal from the digital and can use it. Is it hooked up? Look at the AV pinout. Pin 6 is positive and the ground is pin 24. It'll sound much better than the analog audio if you can get it to work.

that was already set this way well maybe but sounds over soundbar as good as my bitfunx adapter but I have another one pand will try in on a 1.4.

1 hour ago, herooftheday said:

yes xbox2hdmi not analog2hdmi

that was already set this way well maybe but sounds over soundbar as good as my bitfunx adapter but I have another one pand will try in on a 1.4.

Yes, please do... I have the newest version of this adapter so maybe I'm a bit spoiled 😛 but please do me a favor. At the very least, install an SPDIF jack in one of your consoles. I do it on every single one now. I am telling you: the analog output of the Xbox will never sound anywhere near as good as digital. Once you get digital going, listen to a CD. First in analog then with digital. Then you'll know what I'm talking about. :) Also you have the ability to have 5.1 surround. Can't do that with analog ;)

19 minutes ago, herooftheday said:

yes with spdif

Acording to internet and the guy I bought the qsbs from.

... Wow. Okay I didn't know that. I'm glad my recommendation about the dash pointed you in the right direction and you were able to get audio using analog output I guess the digital isn't working for one reason or another. I don't know what that would be... The only other suggestion I have is to go back to the audio menu, go back to digital up top in the first audio menu entry and then have dolby digital disabled in the second box and dts disabled as well. Because I think that certain HDMI converters can only decode certain audio streams so if you choose the most basic one that may work for you.

With my electron shepherd, I tested this. I was only able to get digital output with Dolby Surround under the audio mode and then under Dolby Digital and DTS, having both disabled. Try it. 

Edit: after doing some research, I can see that having the menu set up this way gives you downmixed 2 channel digital audio. I am not sure if the coaxial, which is what the electron shepherd taps into, is capable of the throughput needed to deliver 5.1 channels of sound. This may be why your digital did not work when enabled. You may have had the 5 channels enabled and optical is required for that. Although you're saying that this is the only console that has had this issue, so now I think I'm confused unless you were pulling digital some other way with the other consoles other than the electron shepherd.

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Why would this output not work with the electron shepherd but it would work with other receivers? That's confusing as hell. Is it just jitter?

PXL-20231222-015455361.jpg

PXL-20231222-015504362.jpg

Yes, you are correct. :)

@herooftheday

It's interesting. Using the SPDIF coax out, I have no problems with the 1.0 audio being accepted, but whatever is embedding the audie in the HDMI stream does not accept it, well, my revision does because I just got it and they fixed it. Looks like the ADV5711 does not have this issue? I don't know how audio is mixed into a video signal like that.