OGXbox.com

I have an XEcuter 3 Transparent Blue faceplate - is it still worth anything?

WhiteBeard

Hello,

I have a transparent blue faceplate that I never installed on an xbox and was wondering if it was still worth anything, or if the market is no longer there.

I was thinking about putting it on eBay soon, but I don't know anything about what to list it as or even if it's still worth my time to do.

Backstory - My mom bought me a team xecuter chip and face plate over a decade ago, I tried to solder the header pins onto the jtag and melted the plastic on them. I freaked out because I worried that ruined something expensive (I was a dumb kid) and just stored everything. A couple years ago I made a computer case out of the XBOX case and found it in my xbox stuff. I looked it up and found it was desirable. Since then, my life has been one crazy thing after another; 2 jobs, moving, kid, covid, and I just haven't been able to carve out time to sell it.

Thanks

2 hours ago, WhiteBeard said:

Hello,

I have a transparent blue faceplate that I never installed on an xbox and was wondering if it was still worth anything, or if the market is no longer there.

I was thinking about putting it on eBay soon, but I don't know anything about what to list it as or even if it's still worth my time to do.

Backstory - My mom bought me a team xecuter chip and face plate over a decade ago, I tried to solder the header pins onto the jtag and melted the plastic on them. I freaked out because I worried that ruined something expensive (I was a dumb kid) and just stored everything. A couple years ago I made a computer case out of the XBOX case and found it in my xbox stuff. I looked it up and found it was desirable. Since then, my life has been one crazy thing after another; 2 jobs, moving, kid, covid, and I just haven't been able to carve out time to sell it.

Thanks

You're talking about an Xecuter3 Control Panel with the USB ports, switch bank, activity lights and LCD screen, correct? In transparent blue? I would try to list it. I had been sitting on a NOS CP too and I used it to refurbish my current X3 setup. I'm a happy panda!

14 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

You're talking about an Xecuter3 Control Panel with the USB ports, switch bank, activity lights and LCD screen, correct? In transparent blue? I would try to list it. I had been sitting on a NOS CP too and I used it to refurbish my current X3 setup. I'm a happy panda!

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I'm curious if there's still a market for it or not.

Ok, finally. This is a new account so I'm locked down from posting too often (4/day I believe)

14 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

16920811800752702967474203017074.jpg

Me too. :) Both are solar and sync to atomic time. :)

Hey, mine is solar and radio controlled too! The end of my band cracked off, and it's cracking in another place. I contacted Casio, but they wanted me to send them $50 via putting my CC number into an unencrypted PDF so I'm stuck with the old band.

IMG_20230815_134920.thumb.jpg.aa7c1ae251de0181ce724718a9505d6c.jpg

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

How much are you planning to sell it for?

I was just planning on putting it on eBay (probably this weekend). I have already gotten 2 DMs, and 2 people on this thread asking to buy it and I have no idea how much it can go for. Like I said, I'm not very big into this scene, I just got lucky a long time ago when I bought it.

3 hours ago, coldasijs said:

Ok you got me convinced :/ 

now I needs to have it :D 

@WhiteBeard I guess your shipping from Austria right?

Nope, that's the original shipping box it came in. I'm in a suburb of Vancouver, Canada.

I also have the never-installed X3 mod chip as well. I'll take a picture of it when I get home. I have no idea if that's desirable as well, though.

6 minutes ago, WhiteBeard said:

I was just planning on putting it on eBay (probably this weekend). I have already gotten 2 DMs, and 2 people on this thread asking to buy it and I have no idea how much it can go for. Like I said, I'm not very big into this scene, I just got lucky a long time ago when I bought it.

3 hours ago, coldasijs said:

I hope you will do international shipping.

Last month there was one like this sold and if I'm not mistaken it went for 700US$.

42 minutes ago, WhiteBeard said:

Ok, finally. This is a new account so I'm locked down from posting too often (4/day I believe)

Hey, mine is solar and radio controlled too! The end of my band cracked off, and it's cracking in another place. I contacted Casio, but they wanted me to send them $50 via putting my CC number into an unencrypted PDF so I'm stuck with the old band.

IMG_20230815_134920.thumb.jpg.aa7c1ae251de0181ce724718a9505d6c.jpg

Nope, that's the original shipping box it came in. I'm in a suburb of Vancouver, Canada.

I also have the never-installed X3 mod chip as well. I'll take a picture of it when I get home. I have no idea if that's desirable as well, though.

That's the box alright. I remember it from High school and the NOS one I discovered with the X3 console I bought a little while back. THAT was lucky.

I can usually find my watch bands on ebay. Have you looked there? Or is the actual mount on the unit cracking at the pressure pin?

X3 chips are always desirable. :)

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

That's the box alright. I remember it from High school and the NOS one I discovered with the X3 console I bought a little while back. THAT was lucky.

I can usually find my watch bands on ebay. Have you looked there? Or is the actual mount on the unit cracking at the pressure pin?

X3 chips are always desirable. :)

Here is the chip that I got with it. Do you guys think it should be seperate auction or a package with the faceplate?

4 hours ago, Dempsey_86 said:

I hope you will do international shipping.

Last month there was one like this sold and if I'm not mistaken it went for 700US$.

Where are you approximately in the world?

IMG_20230815_180218.jpg

IMG_20230815_180223.jpg

I dunno, in this instance you have to accommodate the people who think "arse if I can't be sure of winning the chip, then I can't be arsed bidding on the faceplate". :)

Tough call either way. Make sure you get it listed on an eBay listing offer though if you can get one. They usually ping you early hours Friday if one is on.

20 minutes ago, trencherfield said:

Pity the blue consoles are also ridiculous prices! Probably that "Retro Gaming Pricing" or "Collectors Gaming Pricing" that Bowlsnapper is keen on.🤐

I was thinking that too. The investment would be tremendous. Wish I could afford it and hadn't spent all my money on CRTs. lol

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, WhiteBeard said:

If you win the eBay auction - I don't mind filling out any paperwork or packing extra padding that's required for shipping internationally, as long as you don't mind paying the shipping and customs fees and waiting for it to get through customs.

I have no problem with that, my DVT4 devkit also came from US