OGXbox.com

The next EEPROM Reader/Writer (picoPromSD)

dtomcat

• 2 weeks later...

Well... $900 later, Boards and parts are ordered.  I ordered everything for 45 boards (Hopefully, it all works ... if not, I will abandon the project as I won't sink anymore money into it :)).   Since I ordered a lot... I will sell the first 10 at cost (as promised... and barring any unforeseen expenses... that will be $20).  The rest I'll sell at $35.   For the first 10, I'll offer first to those who helped in the process of making it (I think maybe 3 people), and then those who messaged in the forum.    fingers crossed!!!

55 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Well... $900 later, Boards and parts are ordered.  I ordered everything for 45 boards (Hopefully, it all works ... if not, I will abandon the project as I won't sink anymore money into it :)).   Since I ordered a lot... I will sell the first 10 at cost (as promised... and barring any unforeseen expenses... that will be $20).  The rest I'll sell at $35.   For the first 10, I'll offer first to those who helped in the process of making it (I think maybe 3 people), and then those who messaged in the forum.    fingers crossed!!!

Don't abandon this project! :)

On 9/29/2023 at 2:09 AM, Dtomcat18 said:

any idea what the shipping would be for someone like me in the UK, i'd like to know because if the shipping costs more than the product it's probs not worth it for me :D

8 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

First class international would be about $20… all others are about 35-40.00

that's perfectly reasonable, i did tell you to add me to the list a while ago right? pretty sure i did :D
also correctly me if i'm wrong but doesn't what you've done with this device make it the fastest way to mod an xbox?

Edited by RazorX2018

16 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

This tool is just for reading/writing/decrypting your EEPROM data.  Not sure it’s really for modding an Xbox.  It can help recover your Xbox if you’ve accidentally corrupted your eeprom :)

i know but technically you could right? it's the same eeprom you would tsop flash right?

Edited by RazorX2018

You can mod as in change your eeprom data…  but I think you are thing of modding your TSOP.  This cannot mod the TSOP.    So technically yes it can “mod”. But only to help change eeprom data like HDD key (ultimately your hdd password). Or other things in the eeprom.  

6 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

You can mod as in change your eeprom data…  but I think you are thing of modding your TSOP.  This cannot mod the TSOP.    So technically yes it can “mod”. But only to help change eeprom data like HDD key (ultimately your hdd password). Or other things in the eeprom.  

that's a shame :D but i understand what you're saying.
so it's basically like this ancient kit i bought many many many many years ago lmao
spacer.png

25 minutes ago, RazorX2018 said:

that's a shame :D but i understand what you're saying.
so it's basically like this ancient kit i bought many many many many years ago lmao
spacer.png

Yes.  Basically same thing… you just don’t need a PC.  Everything is handled on the board and saved to microSD card 

On 9/29/2023 at 11:09 AM, Dtomcat18 said:

Sometimes I think people forget the outlay that goes in to making things.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2