OGXbox.com

Finally made an Xblast. I like it!

dtomcat

3 hours ago, OGXbox Admin said:

Sorry about that. In an effort to thwart spammers I killed registration.

Is that how it works now? We have to dole out invites? That's a bummer for new members. :( Although, I'm part of an exclusive club now 😄 Cool!

Hopefully after enough time has passed and that spammer dicksnap moves on with his life, we can open registration back up again... Unless it's a bot! Shit!

6 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Is that how it works now? We have to dole out invites? That's a bummer for new members. :( Although, I'm part of an exclusive club now 😄 Cool!

Hopefully after enough time has passed and that spammer dicksnap moves on with his life, we can open registration back up again... Unless it's a bot! Shit!

That's not how it works. I logged out and created a random test member earlier and it worked just fine. It's the same way it has always been. 

1 minute ago, OGXbox Admin said:

That's not how it works. I logged out and created a random test member earlier and it worked just fine. It's the same way it has always been. 

I'm confused by sixspeed's (which is a badass username) post. It sounded like he had to track down a member and ask for an invite. That's odd.

Just admin approval then, like you mentioned? Last question. Don't wanna spam the thread, especially in this instance! :)

13 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I'm confused by sixspeed's (which is a badass username) post. It sounded like he had to track down a member and ask for an invite. That's odd.

Just admin approval then, like you mentioned? Last question. Don't wanna spam the thread, especially in this instance! :)

No I didn't enable that. I have thus far been able to slow down the spammers without it. Nothing to the end user has changed. 

• Thanks 1

I did track down a member on another platform simply to ask if they could send a message to the mods letting them know their signup for the forums was not working. I could not find a contact email anywhere and “[email protected] or [email protected]” did not go through.

To be honest, I caught the bug again….. and was a little eager to get on here to buy an xblast & start chatting again. 

@Dtomcat18Speaking of that, can I move forward with 2 of the chips with green LEDs? I’m not dying for the white or to wait extra on shipping. Thank you for the details and transparency tho! 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 3:33 AM, Dtomcat18 said:

Here ya go! :)

Those look clean! I ordered a set of the PCBs. It’s my first attempt at populating a blank PCB. 

May I ask what method you use to solder the components? I have a pencil tip for my T12, but would I be better off using a hot air station instead?

To anyone wondering, it is definitely much cheaper and easier to just buy these than try to build them yourself. 

6 hours ago, logandzwon said:
On 6/16/2023 at 12:33 AM, Dtomcat18 said:

To anyone wondering, it is definitely much cheaper and easier to just buy these than try to build them yourself. 

Uh, yes, I suspected that. Lol. And I will buy one for now... But I MUST start building them, damn it!