OGXbox.com

Anyone know why my video output looks like this?

hastings298

6 hours ago, hastings298 said:

No output at all when connected via component, super dark red with scart. 

IMG_20221108_233832.jpg

Just for shits and giggles, dip a q-tip in alcohol and clean off the contacts in the A/V port of the xbox, then apply MORE to the contacts, and while they're wet, slide the A/V cable in and out to clean the contacts in the male connector. Let them dry and then try it out! Report back here when finished. :)

I've had odd colors/B&W, come from dirty contacts (not all positives or grounds making a connection) and this usually fixes those sorts of problems.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Just for shits and giggles, dip a q-tip in alcohol and clean off the contacts in the A/V port of the xbox, then apply MORE to the contacts, and while they're wet, slide the A/V cable in and out to clean the contacts in the male connector. Let them dry and then try it out! Report back here when finished. :)

I've had odd colors/B&W, come from dirty contacts (not all positives or grounds making a connection) and this usually fixes those sorts of problems.

Thanks man, you're a genius. Sometimes it's the simplest things!!! I was losing my mind; I tried 4 different xboxes, even got some out of the loft, and thought somehow I had carefully and neatly stored away a bunch of junk lol. Thanks again!

• Like 1