Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

skorpiocnt

Updating Old Modchipped Og XBox.

Hi, So I have an old mod chipped Xbox. I threw in a 500 gb drive and have it setup, but the build is old and crappy. lol 

How would I go about updating the build?  I've softmodded a bunch of systems with the JRocky 5 softmod but the TSOP/ Chipped systems I'm just learning now.

The dashboard setup that  hexen 2018 did I really dont like, I much prefer the JCRocky5 dashboard setup with emulators and games etc. showing on the first screen. Is there any way to set it up like this? Like I said I'm a noob with the modchip setups. 

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Guys.

Edited by skorpiocnt

I agree.  His dashboard is much cleaner.  You can replace the dashboard from Hexen with Rocky5's UnleashX dashboard.  You can find it in the Extras disc of his softmod tool.  You can download it here Please login or register to see this link.

So in the dashboards on the rocky5 disc which one do I install? And do I have to remove the Unleash dash first or just copy the new one over?  I was scared to mess with the rocky5 disc on a chipped system cause I thought it would screw things up.

On a chipped system you don't have to worry as much as you do on a softmodded system.  If you screw something up you can always boot a disc like Hexen and fix it.  You can just replace the UnleashX files on your drive with the UnleashX ones from his disc.  The easiest way is just to FTP them over to the Xbox from a computer, less work than burning a disc and stuff.

Edited by ecstone

You can just customize the UnleashX configuration yourself by opening config.xml in Notepad. That's what I did.

Or better yet, drop UnleashX entirely and upgrade to Rocky5's XBMC-Emustation or XBMC4Gamers dashboards, which are much better.

• Like 1

I was going to recommend Emustation as well but since it seems he is not very comfortable messing with dashboards I kinda figured it was a little advanced for him.  I set up Emustation on every box I work on for people.  It's my favorite dashboard by far.

• Like 1

Well I got it figured out, I swapped over to the Rocky5 Dash and got it all working. I will definitely check out the Emustation dash, I have seen the XBMC4gamers dash and it  looks pretty nice too. So I take it I can just install the XBMC4Gamers dash using the rocky5 disc again? Thanks for all the help guys, Ive already figured out quite abit with the chipped systems, I see what you mean by it being easier cause you can just redo the drive if you mess up something.

Yeah, you can use his disc to install XBMC4Gamers.  It's a great dash too.  His XBMC dashboard versions are definitely more work to get everything looking just how you want it, but once they are set up they are amazing. 

Yeah, hardmodding is definitely the way to go.

You can use the disc to get XBMC4Gamers, but it'd be better to download it and XBMC-Emustation from Rocky's GitHub (Please login or register to see this link. ). The version on the disc is extremely outdated and using the DVD drive is just a bad idea in general because they're all dying nowadays.

Edited by Forlorn Penguin

1 hour ago, Xbmcmodsforxbox said:

once you get it going use my google drive i have everything you should need Please login or register to see this link.

This is gold. Thank you. I'm a veteran at many things, but pretty new to the scene. This will be invaluable information.

Wow, thanks for the drive link. Skimmed through and there's all kinds of goodness in there. lol 

I have 9 OG Xbox's now, had a guy give me a box of parts, I think he thought he knew what he was doing but failed. I put them all back together and they all work. 2 have mod chips it seems and the 3rd powers up with the eject button and the drive is stuck, so I'll have to do a trace repair it  and get the drive up and running again but I like tinkering with these tanks of systems. The one has a Xenium chip in it but I will have to figure it out, not familiar with that chip.