OGXbox.com

Updating Old Modchipped Og XBox.

skorpiocnt

On 4/24/2019 at 1:06 AM, skorpiocnt said:

I have a y power spliter powering both drives and I did run chimp before switching the drives. I'll try updating chimp itself as I am using the one from the hexen disc.

The version on Hexen 2018 disc should be the latest 261812 version but if it's Hexen 2017 or an earlier release most likely it is not the latest version of Chimp 261812.

Update: I checked the version of Chimp on HeXEn 2018.  It is the latest version of Chimp 261812.

Well, Ive tried the newest version of chimp and cannot clove the drive. It just stays stuck at the loading chimp screen once i have swapped the drives and hit A. Guess I'll have to wait till my new 80 wire comes in and try again. Unless the ide to sata bridge board is screwed but it lights up and seems fine.

7 hours ago, skorpiocnt said:

Well, Ive tried the newest version of chimp and cannot clove the drive. It just stays stuck at the loading chimp screen once i have swapped the drives and hit A. Guess I'll have to wait till my new 80 wire comes in and try again. Unless the ide to sata bridge board is screwed but it lights up and seems fine.

Which IDE-to-SATA adapter? 

Not all work with Chimp. 

During cloning, it's not the IDE cable causing a problem.

The adapter must have a MASTER/SLAVE jumper to configure the adapter as SLAVE during cloning then set to MASTER when the HDD is installed to boot.

I wanted to do that but I hadn't ever cracked that system open so when I did the clock capacitor was still in it and had a minor leak so I pulled it out and cleaned the board. When I put in a new drive with hexen I got the error 5 ( dash cant set clock). So i wanted to clone the drive I had working in it before to get around that error. 

9 hours ago, skorpiocnt said:

I wanted to do that but I hadn't ever cracked that system open so when I did the clock capacitor was still in it and had a minor leak so I pulled it out and cleaned the board. When I put in a new drive with hexen I got the error 5 ( dash cant set clock). So i wanted to clone the drive I had working in it before to get around that error. 

Error 5 is unlocked hdd, are you loading to M$ dash?