OGXbox.com

Hello, New Guy

olov244

Hello, 

I'm trying to get my old modded xbox working. Back in the day I was big into it, but I damaged the board messing with led's and eventually moved onto the pc world. I picked up another xbox from ebay and put my old modchip and my old 250gb hd in, but it's only showing 5gb and none of the games are showing up, so I'm hoping I can flash some new software on it and get it working again. I've been out of the loop on xbox mods for over 10 years, but everyone says hexen will have the software I need, so here I am

I think he already had it formatted in a different Xbox before with data (apps/games) on the drive.  Don't reformat it again with XBPartitioner or you'll lose what was there.

Need to know how the partitions were setup originally and install a new BIOS that uses the same LBA48 partition configuration.

Did you have F and G (partitions 6 and 7) or just partition 6?

I don't know what I have, it's an old hard drive, I had two 250gb's at one time but I was only able to find this one(might have lost the other in my many moves). it shows C has 0, E has 5gb, F has 0, I can't get G to show up(even when I turn on the setting 'show G'), then XYZ all have like 786gb? which I know is messed up. 

I pulled up the xbox in filezilla to check what's on it and it doesn't have any games, so I moved one over and put it in multiple places and it doesn't show up in the dashboard

so I just want to start fresh, I probably erased this hd a long time ago when I was having some issues or something, I don't think there's anything I can't live without on it. and it seems the current dashboard/format is screwed up since I can't even access any new games I put on it

Edited by olov244

What BIOS version are you using?

Kernel in most dashboards as the BIOS name is determined by matching the MD5 hash of the running BIOS with a list of associated names found in a configuration file (e.g., Evoxdash - evox.ini, XBMC4Xbox - Q:\system\SystemInfo\BiosIDs.ini, UnleashX has no file to match hashes to BIOS names - it only prints the kernel version obtained from the BIOS; for example, 1.0.5034.1)

Edited by KaosEngineer

On 12/24/2018 at 4:25 PM, KaosEngineer said:

What BIOS version are you using?

I wish I could tell, I looked in those ini files and all I see are lists of hundreds of different sets of numbers(I'm guessing possible bios versions. when I pull up evoX dashboard it says "BIOS: Unknown" - so I am fine with just flashing on another bios and giving up on this unknown bios from 10+ years ago. 

so what's the program/procedure to flash the bios and what bios would I need for my chip/250gb hd? I see a lot of tutorials online about softmodding, is it the same procedure?

thanks

What is displayed for the kernel version? (The Xbox kernel contains in itself its version number. This value can be printed by the Evoxdash. Many skins display both the BIOS and Kernel values.)

The BIOS name however is determined by matching one of the ROM= line's MD5 hash value to that stored in evox.ini's Current=<MD5 hash> line. The BIOS name printed is that of the quoted text entered for a particular MD5 hash value.  If no match is found, Unknown is printed by the dashboard.

Edited by KaosEngineer

Okay, that's an old X2 BIOS version 4977.

Definitely needs to be upgraded by reflashing your device.  Evoxdash can do that. 

Where is your version of evoxdash installed?  Is there a file named evoxdash.xbe in the root directory of your C drive?

There should also be a BIOS folder into which you'll place the BIOS's dot bin file to flash.

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Where is your version of evoxdash installed?  I

it's in C

Is there a file named evoxdash.xbe in the root directory of your C drive?

yes

There should also be a BIOS folder into which you'll place the BIOS's dot bin file to flash

no, there's Audio, fonts, xboxdashdata.185ead00, xodash, then some files

I have the hexen 2018 burnt dvd, there's a bunch of 256kb bios's on it, one 1,024kb bios, and four 512kb bios's. do I need to create a BIOS folder and then move one to it? not sure which one I should use - not sure which ones will fit on my chip

thank you for all the help though, some of this is coming back, but I'm still needing help

You can flash using the Hexen Disk or create a C:/BIOS folder on the Xbox's HDD and copy the BIOS dot bin files into it and use Evoxdash on your HDD.

I'd suggest using m8plus.bin (F & G). Other's may have a different preference. But, you can change it later if the need arises and not lose anything.

Edited by KaosEngineer