OGXbox.com

The Orange Box For OG Xbox

Felipe_Desenvolver

Hello everyone!, Blz? I'm doing a port of "The Orange Box" For OG Xbox using the official port of HALF-LIFE 2, The Project is already 90% finished and I'm in the last step which is REPACKAGE the files to .XZP (Only)....... In it will include; HALF-LIFE 2 (With some improvements), EPISODE ONE, EPISODE TWO AND PORTAL.... Does not contain TEAM FORTRESS 2 due to Xbox being too weak for it If someone help me create a repackager of .XZP files the game will be completed, anyone available?

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, dust08 said:

90% concluído? Uau! Caixa laranja no xbox seria incrível. Trabalho incrível, gostaria de poder ajudar, mas não sei nada sobre os arquivos .XZP.

Você pode tentar perguntar na discórdia do XboxDev a muitas pessoas experientes lá. https://discord.gg/WxJPPyz

oops thanks bro!! Yes, 90% that's why I'm working on 720p patches for Half-Life 2, because with that it would be much more improved..... Thanks for the idea I'll take a look there

58 minutes ago, dust08 said:

90% complete? Wow! Orange box on the xbox would be incredible. Amazing work wish I could help but know nothing about the .XZP files.

You could try asking in the XboxDev discord lots of knowledgeable people there. https://discord.gg/WxJPPyz

If you want to know more about the project, please send some kind of different contact so I can show you how the progress is going

I'd love to know how you backported the content from episode 2 and portal, since those were made on a *MUCH* newer version of the Source engine. Episode 1 used an older version of the engine which I'm a little less skeptical about getting a port. I haven't heard of anyone doing anything of this sort before, much less on the Xbox.

I'll believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, Nate2905 said:

Eu sempre quis jogar o Orange Box no XBOX, este é o meu sonho. Espero poder ver o jogo em breve. Como os mapas funcionam nos jogos adicionados? Você dividiu os mapas ou simplificou a geometria/texturas? Que passos foram necessários para colocar o portal em execução?

Well, so all of PORTAL's programming is like Half-Life 2's, like it's the same game with different screens... So using that reasoning I just need to change some things from the original game, the screens I believe will need to be changed the textures for Portal ones, Lower their quality and convert to .XTF .... and the maps have to be converted to Xbox version 19

56 minutes ago, Mu. said:

Eu adoraria saber como você fez o backport do conteúdo do episódio 2 e do portal, já que eles foram feitos em uma versão *MUITO* mais recente do mecanismo Source. O episódio 1 usou uma versão mais antiga do mecanismo, o que me deixa um pouco menos cético em relação à portabilidade. Nunca ouvi falar de alguém fazendo algo desse tipo antes, muito menos no Xbox.

Eu vou acreditar quando eu ver.

Ok brother, I didn't change the whole game, just some contents that make the game run the screens, scripts, textures etc, maybe later I'll change the UI but for now it's like this. So it will run with the same old physics engine as Half-Life 2 on Xbox

57 minutes ago, Mu. said:

Também na época eu joguei HL2 Episode 2 em um Pentium 4 com um Radeon X300 e foi uma experiência excruciante, duvido muito que isso seja jogável no P3 e pseudo-GeForce 2 que o Xbox tem.

Dude, Half-Life 2 - Episode Two requires the same specifications as Half-Life 2, If HL2 ran on Xbox why wouldn't HL2EP2 run? moreover it will run with the original Xbox HL2 engine and not the modern HL2EP2

I'd love to know how you backported the contents of the orange box games (specifically Episode 2 and Portal) to the xbox HL2 engine, I was expecting an "If you're skeptical, here's a video of it running." type of response.

Having been part of the Source modding community since roughly 2007/2008, believe me when I say I'd love to see Episode 2 and Portal running on pre-OB HL2's engine.

Sounds like he has it running on the old pc version but just needs a tool to convert to the xbox format? I know that the xbox version could have pc maps imported but they had issues with lightmaps and textures not displaying correctly that I've never seen a solution too. I would love to see a video or some screenshots as well.

2 hours ago, Mu. said:

Portar mapas de PC HL2 antigos para o Xbox é diferente de portar novos mapas de EP2/Portal para o Xbox, é isso que eu quero ver o que esse garoto está alegando ter feito.

Good news, I already got the source code of a tool to repackage the .XZP files, so I'm going to compile it today and compress the files again, I didn't send you a video because the game is in no way modded without having to change the files .XZP since that's where the main game files are located, the only thing I've done so far is change the .XMV videos from the beginning, I have a tool called BUNDLER to compress image files in Direct X format to .XPR and change the 2005 rights of the game and I also have the tool to convert the maps........I destroyed the Streaming system that Valve created and now the game doesn't need the .XZ_s files to run, just the .XZPs , The uploads were slightly improved but nothing much until because the game won't need it all the time, converting the .XZ_s files to Drive X or Y, it will just copy the .XZPs directly and run, and that makes the modification easier since i dont need 2 repackaged mi nerios, only 1 .... so for me to have living proof that this works I need to first compress the files modified with EP1 to .XZP along with the languages...... I downloaded the original version of 2006 for that..... I say the game is at 90% because there's nothing I can do but compress these files so the game can be modded!! Soon I will send a video of the result

15 hours ago, dust08 said:

Sounds like he has it running on the old pc version but just needs a tool to convert to the xbox format? I know that the xbox version could have pc maps imported but they had issues with lightmaps and textures not displaying correctly that I've never seen a solution too. I would love to see a video or some screenshots as well.

You need to have a very old version of HAMMER from 2006 to compile maps for the Xbox since it still gave access to this compilation for version 19 along with the EP1 maps, I can't show a video because the game is not available modified with the screens yet, but I already got the necessary tool and will compile it today

15 hours ago, dust08 said:

Found the video I was thinking of:

This guy didn't do anything much, he didn't even need to convert the maps since the PC maps were already compatible with the Xbox, I did this test myself and I only needed to move the PC files to the Videogame and play from the first chapter straight on because if you try to load another map after the "Water Hazard" without having the save with a PC map loaded the game crashes

16 hours ago, Mu. said:

Eu adoraria saber como você fez o backport do conteúdo dos jogos da caixa laranja (especificamente Episódio 2 e Portal) para o mecanismo xbox HL2. Eu esperava um "Se você é cético, aqui está um vídeo dele funcionando". tipo de resposta.

Tendo feito parte da comunidade de modding do Source desde aproximadamente 2007/2008, acredite em mim quando digo que adoraria ver o Episódio 2 e o Portal rodando no mecanismo pré-OB HL2.

This is proof that the game can be modified, This guy probably changed the entire UI to one very close to The Orange Box and said that he would soon release the link, I will try to contact him to see if he makes it available to me, I also saw that the HUD from PC was ported to Xbox👇👇

https://gamebanana.com/mods/24144

Edited by Felipe_Desenvolver

3 hours ago, Mu. said:

Porting old engine HL2 PC maps to the Xbox is different to porting new engine EP2/Portal maps to the Xbox, that's the thing I want to see what this kid is claiming to have done.

The game is just as moddable as the PC one, the problem is that it uses an old engine and is fully compressed, this breaks since it is not opened like the PC one and makes modification difficult, but nothing is impossible when you have the right tools

On 03/12/2022 at 17:21, Mu. said:

Eu adoraria saber como você fez o backport do conteúdo dos jogos da caixa laranja (especificamente Episódio 2 e Portal) para o mecanismo xbox HL2. Eu esperava um "Se você é cético, aqui está um vídeo dele funcionando". tipo de resposta.

Tendo feito parte da comunidade de modding do Source desde aproximadamente 2007/2008, acredite em mim quando digo que adoraria ver o Episódio 2 e o Portal rodando no mecanismo pré-OB HL2.

Oh man, I recorded an excerpt from the project to show you how it's turning out

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7s7e6stor21swmr/EP1+For+Xbox.mp4/file

On 12/3/2022 at 5:41 PM, dust08 said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7s7e6stor21swmr/EP1+For+Xbox.mp4/file