OGXbox.com

Getting CerBIOS to see my F: Partition

Bowlsnapper

17 minutes ago, zatchbot said:

🤣 old HDDs at high speed. That Maxtor drive noise was noticeable from inside an entertainment cabinet, across the room... the fan is bad enough IMO lol.

It would be fun to get a 10,000RPM drive, even if the bus is bottlenecked and wouldn't allow for any benefit... just for the 1337ness. Dude, when my fan is on 100% it sounds like a Dust Devil impeller.

Edit: Appears that 10,000RPM drives are no longer a thing, probably due to density improvements and SATA advancements... and SSDs.

You don't have access to a PC but for transferring a full redump iso you still need something for splitting the iso image in two parts due to FATX limitations on maximum file size. Then you can just use the xiso to hdd script in xbmc4gamers and will automatically move the isos in their folders with a customized attach.xbe for each game. Or if you have access to a win/mac/linux machine you could just use repackinator and from a redump iso you'll get a folder with a trimmed splitted iso with its own attach.xbe ready to be sent to your box ready to be played on any dash of your choice.

Yeah, Repackinator will do all the work for you, including converting from raw dump into XISO, splitting, removing the video partition, making the Attach xbe, which is Cerbios compatable (also backwards compatible with older bioses.). But you need a PC (Windows/Linux) for that. And in its current version, it only supports the full size raw dump, so no padding removal to shrink them down to a smaller size. 

It's as close as you can get to the real thing, as almost all games should work now without any of the patching that one use to do and without any of the possible tampering that one might have seen with hdd ready versions.

There has been some talk of a new version that will include a "shrink" feature, for those people who have full sets, but don't want to fork out the cash for a 16tb hdd. But I can't say if that will be released any time soon or not, tbh. Either way, it's a really cool app that saw a lot of work go into it, so if you can get access to a PC give a spin.

Edited by Natetronn

33 minutes ago, Natetronn said:

Yeah, Repackinator will do all the work for you, including converting from raw dump into XISO, splitting, removing the video partition, making the Attach xbe, which is Cerbios compatable (also backwards compatible with older bioses.). But you need a PC (Windows/Linux) for that. And in its current version, it only supports the full size raw dump, so no padding removal to shrink them down to a smaller size. 

It's as close as you can get to the real thing, as almost all games should work now without any of the patching that one use to do and without any of the possible tampering that one might have seen with hdd ready versions.

There has been some talk of a new version that will include a "shrink" feature, for those people who have full sets, but don't want to fork out the cash for a 16tb hdd. But I can't say if that will be released any time soon or not, tbh. Either way, it's a really cool app that saw a lot of work go into it, so if you can get access to a PC give a spin.

I actually just moved my C and E setup over to an Origins image and I have all my games now. IN folder format. :) Now I just need to know why BFM loading wipes out my partition table, forcing me to rewrite manually with XBPartitioner. Things like Chimp and the "attach.xbe" method of ISO loading just decimate my table every time and it scares the SHIT out of me.

I also need to know why every game on the origins package loads in widescreen with a stretched 4:3 aspect ratio. Super annoying... are all the xbes patched that way or something?

On 10/30/2022 at 7:29 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

It's a 160GB EIDE HDD. 😛 Not, SATA. It sees my other partitions fine, so I think the UDMA2 is not the issue. I had the same problem with the m8+ bios I just tried before CerBIOS. Says I have 2.something gigs free in XBMC, when it should be about 7 or 8. Both times I was unable to browse the drive, as selecting F: in File Manager just shows utter blankness. My guess is that my X3 is handling the partition structure somehow and that Cerbios and M8 are configured to use the partition table provided. Something must be wrong with mine. Is there a way to write the partition table without erasing or formatting anything? Is my theory even correct? I don't know.

Yes, download, install then run XBP Table Writer by Rocky5.  

For the X3 BIOS to read/use the partition table, enter the X3 Config Live menu system then enable the Use Saved Partition Table option.  

See the following imgur.com photo album for instructions:

X3 BIOS - Large Hard Drive - Use Saved Partition Table

15 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes, download, install then run XBP Table Writer by Rocky5.  

For the X3 BIOS to read/use the partition table, enter the X3 Config Live menu system then enable the Use Saved Partition Table option.  

See the following imgur.com photo album for instructions:

X3 BIOS - Large Hard Drive - Use Saved Partition Table

THAT'S where that damn option is. Dude, I was going crazy looking for it. 

Just now, Bowlsnapper said:

THAT'S where that damn option is. Dude, I was going crazy looking for it. 

Yes, not in the location I always go to look for it.  

I'm not doing a New Hard Drive Upgrade. I simply want the X3 BIOS to use the LBA48/XBPartitioner partition table written in the first sector of the hard drive to override the BIOS's default LBA48 configuration. 

3 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes, not in the location I always go to look for it.  

I'm not doing a New Hard Drive Upgrade. I simply want the X3 BIOS to use the LBA48/XBPartitioner partition table written in the first sector of the hard drive to override the BIOS's default LBA48 configuration. 

EXACTLY. I went into "Current" because I logically assumed that that's where something like that should be. I assumed "New" would just go straight to formatting options. Never even looked there.

• Like 1