OGXbox.com

Where are all the modchips?

Bowlsnapper

4 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

See, we görmans and can be funny. :D

If you want a X3/X3CE, Kekule, Ryzee & Co have made the R3dux which is a clone : https://github.com/ChimericSystems/R3DUX

Would say the bios is written in assembly / C/C++. 

If you have a know good bios like a simple EvoX m8p noDVD or iND 5003 XISO (I prefere the iND because the EvoX CAN cause a error 16 out of the blue) it's a clever move to flash the TSOP even you have mod chip in your console. 

And when you tinker a lot, a external flasher could be a good investment. In case you flashed a PS5 bios to your XBox TSOP you can reflash your TSOP using the programmer. I personaly use a simple Aladdin and the flasher to test bioses in my TBOX. 

Testing bioses seems like exactly the kind of thing you would NOT want to pull the chip out of the box for. YIKES. You are a glutton for torture. :) I think I'm stubborn and feel comfortable having the stock bios on the TSOP, so I can boot the MS dash if I want to... for whatever reason. I guess that can be achieved a number of other ways, like just launching it manually from a dashboard. XBL is no longer an issue. 

I am aware of R3dux. However, the EEPROMs are rare and expensive on eBay, the 256k backup flash and 2MB flash are completely fucking extinct, and the Lattice CPLD is $100 on eBay... and there were only TWO listings for it. So, unless you know of direct replacements for each of those components...

I would be building Xecuter 3s every day.

34 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Testing bioses seems like exactly the kind of thing you would NOT want to pull the chip out of the box for. YIKES. You are a glutton for torture. :) 

I once did a bad flash to the TSOP. So I desoldered it, wrote an arduino programmer and soldered it back in. Then I fucked up the flash again to see what went wrong the first time :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Testing bioses seems like exactly the kind of thing you would NOT want to pull the chip out of the box for. YIKES. You are a glutton for torture. :) I think I'm stubborn and feel comfortable having the stock bios on the TSOP, so I can boot the MS dash if I want to... for whatever reason. I guess that can be achieved a number of other ways, like just launching it manually from a dashboard. XBL is no longer an issue. 

I am aware of R3dux. However, the EEPROMs are rare and expensive on eBay, the 256k backup flash and 2MB flash are completely fucking extinct, and the Lattice CPLD is $100 on eBay... and there were only TWO listings for it. So, unless you know of direct replacements for each of those components...

I would be building Xecuter 3s every day.

You can boot the stock bios from a modchip as well but who wants to do that? Grab a EvoX, disable the evox icon and the dvd check and link it right to the ms dash. You can not see any difference and if something ever went wrong, you are on the save side. 

I have an XBox which is always open and has a cut to size case (Like a benchtable) with an Aladdin and an tl866ii plus to flash chips without the need for FTP/CD/USB (Or for testing HDD setups and such). It's a way faster methode to do it this way. And flashing/dead flashing TSOP's, well, we had that already in a different topic recently. No big deal if a flash goes wrong, like Prehistoricman already wrote. It's a 5 min job (Sounds filthy doesn't it?). 

You worry way to much about things that could go wrong. And if something breaks, repair it. Good way to learn stuff. 

About the chips for the R3DUX. No cheap source here but I'm not in a need for one. I have a X3CE, SmartXX v3 and some SmartXX v2/v1 here which I could use but why? For personal use a TSOP is fine. I still try to play Heroes (again) which I bought almost 2 years ago but then I ended up here doing totaly diffenent stuff. :D;)

20 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You can boot the stock bios from a modchip as well but who wants to do that? Grab a EvoX, disable the evox icon and the dvd check and link it right to the ms dash. You can not see any difference and if something ever went wrong, you are on the save side. 

I have an XBox which is always open and has a cut to size case (Like a benchtable) with an Aladdin and an tl866ii plus to flash chips without the need for FTP/CD/USB (Or for testing HDD setups and such). It's a way faster methode to do it this way. And flashing/dead flashing TSOP's, well, we had that already in a different topic recently. No big deal if a flash goes wrong, like Prehistoricman already wrote. It's a 5 min job (Sounds filthy doesn't it?). 

You worry way to much about things that could go wrong. And if something breaks, repair it. Good way to learn stuff. 

About the chips for the R3DUX. No cheap source here but I'm not in a need for one. I have a X3CE, SmartXX v3 and some SmartXX v2/v1 here which I could use but why? For personal use a TSOP is fine. I still try to play Heroes (again) which I bought almost 2 years ago but then I ended up here doing totaly diffenent stuff. :D;)

Dude. I worry about EVERYTHING. Not just Xboxes. I'm a neurotic basket case... can't help it. 

Good call on the evox/MS dash option. I will use that in the future and just start flashing TSOPs... but I'll probably still rely on a multibank chip. Both in conjunction.

Desoldering the TSOP is a 5 minute job if you can solder well. I still have much practice before I can pull that off, flash, and resolder in 5 minutes. Holy SHIT. You guys are next level.

Maybe I'm getting old and I'm just getting set in my ways...

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Dude. I worry about NOTHING. Not even about Xboxes. I'm not a neurotic basket case... I can do it. 

Good call on the evox/MS dash option. I will use that in the future and just start flashing TSOPs... but I'll probably still rely on a multibank chip. Both in conjunction.

Desoldering the TSOP is a 5 minute job if you can solder well. I still have to practice a little bit before I can pull that off, flash, and resolder in 5 minutes. Holy SHIT I will be next level.

Maybe I'm getting old but I can do learn stuff no problem....

See, thats what I'm talking about.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1