OGXbox.com

Any way to save the onboard tsop or stuck with modchip

MilkMan2004

Hello,

Just finished doing my first 128mb upgrade on a 1.0 xbox. Overall it wasn't too bad just had to take my time.

Used xblast os to make sure all chips were good and let it run for a while and let everything heat up.. everything is good.. 

Next step was to flash regular bios back to the tsop replacing xblast bios.

Got netflash going and loaded up a 1mb x5035... progress bar completed then the xbox rebooted... on reboot I accidentally  bumped the power button shutting the xbox off... not sure if I screwd up the flash by bumping the power button or if there was an issue with the bios file I used...

Now when powering up the xbox the power cycles a couple times then flashes red/ green with no video output..

I do have a couple Aladin  chips around here somewhere  I should be able to flash and use  but I was just wondering if there is any way to save the on-board flash chip?

I seem to recall reading about some modified m7 bios that may allow saving on-board flash but I'm  assuming the modified bios would only work with certain bios on the tsop...

Can anyone please confirm if I can save the tsop or am I stuck with a modchip on this box?

Took my time installing the ram chips only to rush the bios flash... sooo stupid 🤦‍♂️

28 minutes ago, MilkMan2004 said:

Hello,

Just finished doing my first 128mb upgrade on a 1.0 xbox. Overall it wasn't too bad just had to take my time.

Used xblast os to make sure all chips were good and let it run for a while and let everything heat up.. everything is good.. 

Next step was to flash regular bios back to the tsop replacing xblast bios.

Got netflash going and loaded up a 1mb x5035... progress bar completed then the xbox rebooted... on reboot I accidentally  bumped the power button shutting the xbox off... not sure if I screwd up the flash by bumping the power button or if there was an issue with the bios file I used...

Now when powering up the xbox the power cycles a couple times then flashes red/ green with no video output..

I do have a couple Aladin  chips around here somewhere  I should be able to flash and use  but I was just wondering if there is any way to save the on-board flash chip?

I seem to recall reading about some modified m7 bios that may allow saving on-board flash but I'm  assuming the modified bios would only work with certain bios on the tsop...

Can anyone please confirm if I can save the tsop or am I stuck with a modchip on this box?

Took my time installing the ram chips only to rush the bios flash... sooo stupid 🤦‍♂️

You could try the 3 wire trick as the 1.0-1.1 is a 1024kb bios that would have been split it to 4 banks and one of the banks may still have a working bios file.

3wire.png.7a2f96fabc606fad1ecfa397d66ec3b6.png

1654285398_xboxbiosspliting.thumb.jpg.0e732ef07750ec6aa700091ec4f389bf.jpg

Other wise replace the bios chip with one from a parts 1.0-1.1

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried your 3 wire method using aligator clip and grounding pin 1 and 2 on the tsop and the  xbox booted, thank you sir.

only issue now is no video is being displayed so somthing is not right with the bios... any thoughts on how to get around this? Any way to re flash remotely through network without having a visual on screen?

You can try to flash blind with this "EvoX Blind Flasher" I have made : https://1fichier.com/?5113k8i2rbtunfda07t3 (~6MB .rar)

It's a simple EvoX which boots up from DVD where you can flash 256kb EvoX m8 plus bios for 1.0-1.4 XBoxes.

There is just one bios so the process is super simple:

1. Boot up the DVD and wait till the DVD stops spinning
  2. Press A
  3. Press Left
  4. Press A
  5. Wait till the XBox shuts down

Short video with subs inside.

EDIT: OFC only if it's just a video problem and your xbox boots a DVD which you can hear.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 1

Little update.

EvoX Blind Two Click Flasher v1.1 : https://1fichier.com/?ore79jgr62umqnkefjhp

• Just cold boot the XBox with this DVD already in your drive and wait till the DVD stops.
  • Press A.
  • Press Y and the flash process starts. 

Changes :

• Switched to a multi bios (Now it works for 1.0 - 1.6b).
  • Simplified the complicated 3 click flash process. Now just 2 clicks. :D

Hope this will help some ppl. in the future.

EDIT :

Anyone knows if you can make EvoX simulate that two clicks to make it no click? :D 

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Unfortunately  I was not able to reflash the onboard bios, as the dvd drive didn't seem to function properly to read the disc.

So I installed an alladin with ind bios and it would boot but I still had black screen but this time eject led was flashing green.

Thinking maybe somehow I had a corrupted the eeprom as I originally had to remove the eeprom from the board to read it and back it up. So I unsoldered again reflashed the eeprom and verified the flash resoldered the eeprom still getting the flashing green light.

Ok tried an aladdin modded with xblast this time. Hey it boots to the bios selection screen and I have video! Ok select a bios and.... nope back to black screen solid green light this time.

Tried m8 bios on other bank same thing...

My question is, what isn't xblast os checking that is normally checked that is causing my no video?

Do you think there could be a bad solder joint on one of the ram chips? Maybe not bad enough to frag but bad enough to corrupt memory?

I think issue is more than bad bios flash

Any thoughts?

Thanks