Jump to content
OGXbox.com

1.6 powers on and reads hexen runs fine for a few mins then resets to frag?


Nf Given XD
 Share

Recommended Posts

It looks like there is a leg of the transistor and the leg from the diode at the arrows 

 

rz0lwGow.jpg

If thats the case you can link with any wire but you will need to clean the legs of the components to get the solder to take properly.

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

It looks like there is a leg of the transistor and the leg from the diode at the arrows 

 

rz0lwGow.jpg

If thats the case you can link with any wire but you will need to clean the legs of the components to get the solder to take properly.

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you for your reply will try and hope it dont melt anything else lol

 

I'm gonna buy another one just in case but money was tight last week but paydays tomorrow 🙃 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2022 at 1:36 AM, SS_Dave said:

Yes, But if you are not 100% sure of what you're doing on a PSU don't touch it.

Pot a pic of the melted trace.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Tysm ss dave and the rest that were so reluctant to help me ...the psu was the whole problem.question though...is the bios unknown in 1.6 a good thing?ie because I cut the trace?

 

See og post for latest

 

 

TLDR : PSU or Power Supply Units can cause frag with simular issues to overheating/rotted traces/blown caps however id never suggest to replace a PSU without having these wonderful members take a look at it :).

thank you all.

Edited by Nf Given XD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2022 at 8:26 PM, Nf Given XD said:

Tysm ss dave and the rest that were so reluctant to help me ...the psu was the whole problem.question though...is the bios unknown in 1.6 a good thing?ie because I cut the trace?

 

See og post for latest

 

 

TLDR : PSU or Power Supply Units can cause frag with simular issues to overheating/rotted traces/blown caps however id never suggest to replace a PSU without having these wonderful members take a look at it :).

thank you all.

Spoke too soon :/ anyone got a diagram of the lines and power supposed to be on it?got a multimeter to test it since everything is failing to fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Nf Given XD said:

Spoke too soon :/ anyone got a diagram of the lines and power supposed to be on it?got a multimeter to test it since everything is failing to fix it.

It um.....it just works....I was prodding around with the meter saw a spark on testing the video chip....turned it off...cleaned it up with ipa....and now it seems fine 🤔🤔🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Nf Given XD said:

Hey ss dave mind helping me "for dummies" on flashing a aladdin v2 with a 1.6....I read a recent post and im not 100% on it 😔...so just wanting to make sure it wouldn't be a bother to ask if it goes bad....

As im thinking about using cerbios 

Not @SS_Dave here; however, CerBIOS does not currently support v1.6 Xboxes. :(

Edit: For a v1.6 Xbox with an Aladdin modchip installed - 1 256KB BIOS bank to flash, you only have one option of a BIOS to use Evolution-X's M8plus_16.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Not @SS_Dave here; however, CerBIOS does not currently support v1.6 Xboxes. :(

Edit: For a v1.6 Xbox with an Aladdin modchip installed - 1 256KB BIOS bank to flash, you only have one option of a BIOS to use Evolution-X's M8plus_16.  

 

would i have to alter the chip solder points or just flash it with hexen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 9:22 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Not @SS_Dave here; however, CerBIOS does not currently support v1.6 Xboxes. :(

Edit: For a v1.6 Xbox with an Aladdin modchip installed - 1 256KB BIOS bank to flash, you only have one option of a BIOS to use Evolution-X's M8plus_16.  

 

Flash BIOS

Manufacturers ID 09 Device ID 00

!!Unknown Flash Type!!

 

Thats what I get when trying to flash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Nf Given XD said:

Flash BIOS

Manufacturers ID 09 Device ID 00

!!Unknown Flash Type!!

 

Thats what I get when trying to flash

Your modchip is not flashable.

Is it a newly purchased Aladdin XT plus 2 clone or one that you've had for over a year?

Please post some pictures of it - top and bottom side of the modchip's printed circuit board.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Your modchip is not flashable.

Is it a newly purchased Aladdin XT plus 2 clone or one that you've had for over a year?

Please post some pictures of it - top and bottom side of the modchip's printed circuit board.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlp7of6hg8vetx5/side2.jpg?dl=0

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu07aube3n1ldmh/side 1.jpg?dl=0

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxjhpmoma6xofrr/Lattice chip.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Nf Given XD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nf Given XD said:

Is the modchip even working?

Does the Evox logo appear in the upper left-hand corner of the Xbox's startup animation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nf Given XD said:

Yea works fine runs unsigned code I've used it since I bought it no issues just can't flash

Manufacturer ID: 09 Device ID: 00 is not what I expected with this modchip.  Others that have Aladdin XT plus 2 clones that were not flashable saw Manfacturer ID: BF Device ID: 57 - SST49LF002A's device ID, not that of the flash memory chip as labeled in the modchip's socket which is an SST49LF020A whose JEDEC ID code is BF 52.

The SST49LF002A flash memory chip is a Firmware Hub (FWH) programmable device, not an low-pin count (LPC) programmable device.  The algorithm used to reprogram the content of the chip (flash it) is different for a FWH and LPC device.

09 00 are the first two bytes of the BIOS stored on the modchip.  Which leads me to believe that there may be a couple of pins on the flash memory chip connected to ground that should not be - WP# and/or TBL#.  When grounded these pins write-protect the content of two different sections of the flash memory chip.  Or, there's a problem with the coding that the manufacturer used to program the Lattice LC4032V CPLD (Complex Programmable Logic Device) chip on the modchip.

496910148_SST49LF020and020APLCC32Pinout.png.516714178ee03003376906a3c14837cb.png

SST49LF020 and SST49LF020A Pinout

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Manufacturer ID: 09 Device ID: 00 is not what I expected with this modchip.  Others that have Aladdin XT plus 2 clones that were not flashable saw Manfacturer ID: BF Device ID: 57 - SST49LF002A's device ID, not that of the flash memory chip as labeled in the modchip's socket which is an SST49LF020A whose JEDEC ID code is BF 52.

The SST49LF002A flash memory chip is a Firmware Hub (FWH) programmable device, not an low-pin count (LPC) flash programmable device.  The algorithm used to reprogram the content of the chip (flash it) is different for a FWH and LPC device.

09 00 are the first two bytes of the BIOS stored on the modchip.  Which leads me to believe that there may be a couple of pins on the flash memory chip connected to ground that should not be - WP# and/or TBL#.  When grounded these pins write-protect the content of two different sections of the flash memory chip.  Or, there's a problem with the coding that the manufacturer used to program the Lattice LC4032V CPLD (Complex Programmable Logic Device) chip on the modchip.

496910148_SST49LF020and020APLCC32Pinout.png.516714178ee03003376906a3c14837cb.png

 

I'll prod the chip when I get back and post findings

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Manufacturer ID: 09 Device ID: 00 is not what I expected with this modchip.  Others that have Aladdin XT plus 2 clones that were not flashable saw Manfacturer ID: BF Device ID: 57 - SST49LF002A's device ID, not that of the flash memory chip as labeled in the modchip's socket which is an SST49LF020A whose JEDEC ID code is BF 52.

The SST49LF002A flash memory chip is a Firmware Hub (FWH) programmable device, not an low-pin count (LPC) programmable device.  The algorithm used to reprogram the content of the chip (flash it) is different for a FWH and LPC device.

09 00 are the first two bytes of the BIOS stored on the modchip.  Which leads me to believe that there may be a couple of pins on the flash memory chip connected to ground that should not be - WP# and/or TBL#.  When grounded these pins write-protect the content of two different sections of the flash memory chip.  Or, there's a problem with the coding that the manufacturer used to program the Lattice LC4032V CPLD (Complex Programmable Logic Device) chip on the modchip.

496910148_SST49LF020and020APLCC32Pinout.png.516714178ee03003376906a3c14837cb.png

SST49LF020 and SST49LF020A Pinout

So VSS NC(ce#) and MODE are all grounded nothing else

16 28 29*

Edited by Nf Given XD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Nf Given XD said:

So VSS NC(ce#) and MODE are all grounded nothing else

16 28 29*

Ok, are WP# ( pin 7 ) and TBL# ( pin 8 ) [ Damn emoji autoconversion 8+) = 😎. Must leave a space between them so the conversion does not occur.] connected to the LPC debug port's 3.3 Vdc voltage supply pin - pin #9?

ogXbox LPC Debug Port Pin Layout
Name Pin Pin Name
SERIRQ (v1.0) 16 15 3.3V
SDA 14 13 SCL
GND 12 11 LAD0
LAD1 10 9 3.3V
LAD2 8 7 LAD3
5V 6 5 LRESET#
PWR (v1.6) 4 3 LFRAME#
GND 2 1 LCLK

Pin 1 has the silkscreened arrowhead pointing to it and the printed circuit board pad is square.

Pin Layout Source: https://xboxdevwiki.net/LPC_Debug_Port

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Ok, are WP# ( pin 7 ) and TBL# ( pin 8 ) [ Damn emoji autoconversion 8+) = 😎 ] connected to the LPC debug port's 3.3 Vdc voltage supply pin - pin #9?

ogXbox LPC Debug Port Pin Layout
Name Pin Pin Name
SERIRQ (v1.0) 16 15 3.3V
SDA 14 13 SCL
GND 12 11 LAD0
LAD1 10 9 3.3V
LAD2 8 7 LAD3
5V 6 5 LRESET#
PWR (v1.6) 4 3 LFRAME#
GND 2 1 LCLK

Pin 1 has the silkscreened arrowhead pointing to it and the printed circuit board pad is square.

Pin Layout Source: https://xboxdevwiki.net/LPC_Debug_Port

5-12 are connected to the 3.3 more may be i stopped at 12 as 13 was not connected to the 3.3

Edited by Nf Given XD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.