OGXbox.com

Hi! I have a softmoded xbox with dualboot (when i click the power button it boots UnleashX, but when the DVD drive is opened - xbmc4xbox). So i want xbmc to be my main dashboard. UnleashX is located in C:/Dashboard, while XBMC is in E:/Alt Dashboard (it's here, so i could boot it, if the dvd drive is opened).

Should i temporarily install EvoX and then swap the UnleashX and XBMC directories (xbmc will go in C:/Dashboard and UnleashX - in E:/Alt Dashboard) using the build-in file manager or FileZilla? Or there is some other way to do this?

6 hours ago, Hari125 said:

Isn't there a way to change the configuration, so other .xbe file (in my case the xbmc) to boot on startup?

Possibly with a shortcut but you also a good chance of you making a door stop with your soft modded Xbox.

Download: XBE Shortcut Maker v2.0

Run the Windows executable (dot exe file) from the location you extracted it to on your PC's hard drive.

946952829_XBMC4GamersinF_XBMC4Gamers.PNG.49d5a8629fb088a6c7cef5c4baa11ee7.PNG

Change the Target Path to where XBMC4Gamers' default.xbe file is stored on your Xbox's hard drive. 

Next, click on the large Create Shortcut Xbe... button and save the shortcut with the name evoxdash.xbe.  Upload this new shortcut file, evoxdash.xbe, to the root of the Xbox's C drive.  Reboot and XBMC4Gamers should now be your default dashboard.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Rocky5's latest version of the Xbox Softmodding Tool has a long boot order list of dashboards that it will search.  The first found on the hard drive will become the default dashboard. 

The Xbox Softmodding Tools boot order list is as follows:

• C:\XBMC-Emustation\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC-Emustation\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC-Emustation\default.xbe
  • C:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe
  • C:\XBMC4Xbox\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC4Xbox\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC4Xbox\default.xbe
  • C:\XBMC\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC\default.xbe
  • C:\dashboard\default.xbe
  • E:\dashboard\default.xbe
  • F:\dashboard\default.xbe
  • C:\dash\default.xbe
  • E:\dash\default.xbe
  • F:\dash\default.xbe
  • E:\default.xbe
  • E:\dashboard.xbe
  • C:\evoxdash.xbe
  • E:\evoxdash.xbe
  • C:\XBMC.xbe
  • E:\XBMC.xbe

You can also configure the dashloader app included so Xbox controller buttons start a particular dashboard when pressed on startup of the console.  From Rocky5's github Xbox Softmodding Tool repository's README.md file:

Custom face button XBE launching.

You can create up to 8 custom boot locations that can be activated with the hold of a button on boot.

Currently it supports A,B,X,Y,Start,Back,White and black, Configs are located in E:/UDATA/21585554/000000000000/nkpatcher settings/dashloader/

Simply open the corresponding .cfg file and add the absolute path of what ever you want to load.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Rocky5's latest version of the Xbox Softmodding Tool has a long boot order list of dashboards that it will search.  The first found on the hard drive will become the default dashboard. 

You can also configure the dashloader app included so Xbox controller buttons start a particular dashboard when pressed on startup of the console.  From Rocky5's github Xbox Softmodding Tool repository's README.md file:

You can create up to 8 custom boot locations that can be activated with the hold of a button on boot.

Currently it supports A,B,X,Y,Start,Back,White and black, Configs are located in E:/UDATA/21585554/000000000000/nkpatcher settings/dashloader/

Simply open the corresponding .cfg file and add the absolute path of what ever you want to load.

If I move the xbmc files from E:/Alt dashboard to C:/XBMC, it should boot xbmc first, right (if the boot order is correct)?

Special thanks to KaosEngineer and SS_Dave for helping me! I transferred the xbmc files to new folder in the C drive (C:/XBMC) and created a shortcut that opens UnleashX. I put the shortcut in the application folder and in E:/Alt Dashboard. Now XBMC boots with the power button and UnleashX - with the eject.

12 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

I guess that’s the reason why the Xbox boots slower than stock. Every time on startup it’s checking for .xbe file in every directory (that’s listed in the boot order) until it founds it.