OGXbox.com

Possible to connect xbox via internet with my PC?

Hello.

I would like to have a folder on my PC with xbox games and I want to know if it is possible to connect my xbox via internet to the PC with some kind of internet browser and insert a ip or something and copy the xbox games from my PC to the Xbox. I have my console connected to the internet with ethernet cable.

I know it is possible to connect both with crossover cable but I am talking if I have my PC on the living room and my xbox on my room.

Thanks.

You can connect the Xbox to your home network then connect to your Xbox from any computer on that network and FTP to it.

I found it easier to have the Xbox set to DCHP.

What dash are you using on the Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

You can connect the Xbox to your home network then connect to your Xbox from any computer on that network and FTP to it.

I found it easier to have the Xbox set to DCHP.

What dash are you using on the Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I have two dash. Xbmx4Gamers and Unleashed 

How would I do that? I can't find any tutorial or something. 

Edited by moreno9

For xmbc4gamers

Press the black button then Settings, Network

After changing the setting power cycle the Xbox and if you go back to that menu you can see the IP address it has been assigned.

How much do you need to transfer to the Xbox as FTP is supper slow

Cheers

SS Dave

9 hours ago, moreno9 said:

Hello.

I would like to have a folder on my PC with xbox games and I want to know if it is possible to connect my xbox via internet to the PC with some kind of internet browser and insert a ip or something and copy the xbox games from my PC to the Xbox. I have my console connected to the internet with ethernet cable.

I know it is possible to connect both with crossover cable but I am talking if I have my PC on the living room and my xbox on my room.

Thanks.

If you have a home wireless router, just connect your Xbox with a normal Ethernet cable to it. Most wireless routers have four Ethernet ports anyway.

DHCP is easiest, as it ensures your PC and your Xbox are on the same subnet.

Install FileZilla on your PC, and you will be able to easily FTP in to your Xbox at the IP address assigned to your Xbox. If you're not certain on what is the IP address assigned to your Xbox by your router, you can easily look it up in your router's device list page (most routers have this feature).

I FTP games to my Xbox all the time, and I get speeds of around 12MBps. My PC is connected via 802.11ac Wi-Fi to my router, and my Xbox is connected to a Gigabit Ethernet switch to my router.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By boydscout
      I chip modded my Xbox 20 years ago when I was in college. Not sure the type of chip but I can find out if need be. Evolution X executor rox my box load screen. Fast forward and now I have 4 kids who have resurrected the Xbox, ages 4-11. I suspect one of the kids messed up the bios but I really don't know. One day, the kids can't get into system utilities anymore and load games. Here is the screen it boots to. Not sure where to go from here to get the machine working but I can follow directions and my 11YO is as nerdy as I used to be, so I'm hoping all is not lost.

Any guidance appreciated.
    • By SamRohod
      Hello everyone,
      I want to store my game collection in the most authentic way possible (matching Redump) but that takes a lot of storage. So, I did a little bit of research and now I have few questions (and few requests) that I hope someone could help me with.
      It seems to me that there are three main formats for storing a retail OG Xbox disc: (1) Redump ISO   (2) XISO  (3) Extracted files/Game Folder
      I did some testing with:
      Halo - Combat Evolved (USA) (Rev 2) {crc="013986d0"}
      JSRF - Jet Set Radio Future (USA) {crc="b2a882df"}
      Mortal Kombat - Deception (USA) {crc="007bcbcc"}

A
      -----------------
      In the Xemu documentation it is mentioned that you can create an emulator-compatible .iso file by using either of the commands:

-with dd:
      dd.exe if={redump_game_name}.iso of={output_game_name}.iso skip=387 bs=1M

-with extract-xiso:
      extract-xiso.exe -r {redump_game_name}.iso

But these two methods produce different .iso files. The one created with dd.exe is much bigger.
      A1- Are these two different forms of XISO or is the .iso file created with dd.exe just a trimming hack and not a proper XISO?
      A2- Is what is trimmed with dd.exe the same for every retail disc (meaning we can just keep one copy to rebuild every disc with it)?
      A3- What is the effect of using the two commands together?
      A4- In this post JayFoxRox says that we can separate the video and game partitions and recombine them later. Also he says that the video partition is the same for most retail games. Is that true? What games have special video partition? How to separate the two partitions and recombine them to give the original Redump CRC?
      If the video partition is the same for all/most games, that would mean that we can keep one copy of that partition to recreate the Redump ISO from any XISO file (saving a lot of space). The exception being the random padding that we need to find a way to recreate.

B
      -----------------

Extracting the files from a Redump ISO with with extract-xiso
      extract-xiso.exe -x {redump_game_name}.iso
      then generating a .iso with them
      extract-xiso.exe -c {Folder_with_all_the_files}

gives a .iso file with a different CRC32 to the .iso file that is created from
      extract-xiso.exe -r {redump_game_name}.iso

I tried to use IsoBuster 4.8 (free) on a Redump ISO. It worked for listing the LBA for the files and for extracting the game files.

IsoBuster always showed 4 partitions for the Redump ISOs:
      SEP13011042
      SEP13011042072
      VIDEO
      XBOX

and two partitions for the XISO created with extract-xiso:
      -        {it's just a dash}
      XBOX

The files didn't change (I extracted again and compared) but I noticed that the some LBA for the files is different. Maybe there is something else that is different as well?
      B1- Is there a program that can create/edit ISO files based on LBA information (maybe like PS3 ISO Rebuilder with IRD files)?
      B2- Does this mean that we need to create files like IRD files for the PS3 (Layout files?) to be able to recreate an XISO file from extracted files?
      B3- Anyone knows a program that can do that for XISO files? For Redump ISO files? (similar to Redump2IRD)

Note: I tried IsoBuster 4.7 and didn't work for me. In their release notes for 4.8 they mention {better XISO support}.

General Questions:
      1- Do you think we should start a database for the random blocks seeds using the tools in HERE? (even though we can't do it for all discs right now)
      2- Can anyone provide the attachments from this thread?
      3- Can anyone provide a compiled version of this program?
    • By Gigamaximus
      Hello Everyone. 
      I am kind of new/kind of old to the scene, as I have an rev 1.6 Xbox that I bought brand new in 2006, softmodded and installed a 160gb harddrive, which is(was?) limited to 137Gb useable space, copied all my bought games to it, threw in a couple emulators, and then just used it on and off and basically forgot anything involved in the process to the mists of time. 
      Recently it wouldn't power on, so I replaced the common 5 3300uF caps that were leaking, and it was good to go. My brain noted that the 16 year old IDE hard drive will not run forever, and I should look at upgrading to a SATA configuration.
      Due to the time gap, very old versions of software, I have now read so much conflicting information at this point am not sure what to do in 2021.
      I  no longer have the original drive. I don't appear to have an image of either drive (8gb or 160gb) in any of my backups either. My fuzzy memory says this is bad because of linked keys. 
      I do not have a PATA usb adaptor, or computer with PATA. I have an Xbox to USB adaptor, but I don't think I have a compatible thumb drive. Based on my research I've ordered the "correct" Startech SATA/PATA adaptor. The existing drive already has an 80 pin cable. 
      I do have ftp access without issue. 
      I'm attaching a 2 screenshots of my drive/system info, my questions are:
      Is that key in the screenshot all I need? If not what is the best way to go about backing up the drive/board key "Just in case" things go bad.
      And is Chimp (https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/chimp/)  still the best way to clone it to a new drive in 2021? 
      I undoubtedly will have more questions, but backing up is my first priority, and once I have a confirmed backup I will be much more comfortable playing with it, and hopefully updating the various software I have loaded.  
      Any "critical hints" or gotchas would be appreciated as well. 

v

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.