OGXbox.com

Xbox V1.6 FTP Error

Paulo011

Hey, 

So I recently hardmodded a v1.6 xbox with an Aladdin XT Plus 2 chip and a self wired LPC rebuild (cut the Lframe trace). That all worked perfectly and I was able to update the bios on the chip using HeXen 2018. 

When I installed a 2TB hdd and set it up using hexen 2018 everything worked perfectly (Unleash X dashboard). But now I am trying to actually put things on the HDD via ftp but EVERYTIME I try to connect, WinSCP gives me this error (see photo). 

I am at my wits end now and I have NO idea how to fix this. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I can provide more data if that is needed for diagnosis of the issue.  

Xbox v1.6 FTP error.jpg

It's a bug in the latest version of UnleashX v0.39.0528A Build 584's FTP server.

To fix, replace UnleashX's default.xbe file the previous build's file - v0.39.0222A Build 572.

You could also use Rocky5's hexedit patched update to Build 584 that fixes the bug by setting the file timestamps/transfer date/time to a fixed value.

https://github.com/Rocky5/Xbox-Softmodding-Tool/raw/master/Extras Disc/Softmod/dashboards/UnleashX.zip

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies! I managed to get around the issue by opening up one of my spare xbox's with a TSOP and XBMC4Gamers installed and I just used chimp to clone one of those systems contents onto the new 2tb HDD. Once I had XBMC4gamers on the new recently hardmodded v1.6 I could access FTP which allowed me to copy over xblast and a newly made bios.bin that I created with evtool so I could flash the bios (the bios that comes on these Alladin chips is so old....) 

I have well and truly caught the modding bug and now I'm super keen to add more mods to my Xbox's 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Noob.Xbox
      Hello,
      I know PAL games can display 480p if a PAL Xbox is softmodded NTSC.
      But do those « forced » 480p PAL games are as good as native 480p NTSC games ?
      I explain my point : on a region free PAL Gamecube, you can force 480p on PAL games with Swiss. But some games aren’t as good as their NTSC equivalent in 480p, because they are optimized for 480i/576i mode, not for 480i/480p mode, and so they can have some issues with their pictures.
      So, my question is : do PAL Xbox games have this kind of optimization for PAL region, as Gamecube games, or are they strictly identical to NTSC ones ?
      Thanks for your answers.
    • By tmntx3
      Hi all! I'm having some trouble with installing an OpenXenium purchased from MakeMHZ into an Xbox 1.0. I'm relatively new to this, and have surely made some mistakes. When I start it up, it does this: https://imgur.com/a/HTHYrU2
      Here's what I know: 
      Stupidly, I soldered the D0 pad on the modchip to the 1.6 pad - that has been fixed. I don't think this is the issue, because I have a second chip that I did not make this mistake with, and it still does not work.  I didn't scrape the solder mask off LPC ports, and really had trouble flowing the joints. The one I'm most concerned with is the bottom right joint of the first photo. Can I run a jump wire from that to one of the nearby test pads?  I'm fairly confident the D0 pad on the modchip is correctly connected to D0 on the board - I tested the continuity from the chip to the both points on the board, and was good.  I have photos available here: https://imgur.com/a/FX7R43B 
      Thanks for any info in advance!! 
    • By Pickle
      Im looking for some ideas to try before I look for a replacement xbox. Im not sure if i can do anything else at this point.
      My xbox was soft modded for some time, but I wanted to do a tsop to unlock the drive and then put in a 2.5 inch 500 gb sata drive. I did the tsop (i have a v1.5) soldered the 2 point and flashed the tsop with hexen 2021 disc. Put in my sata driver with adpater and 80 pin cable and everything was great. I started uploaded the library that i have. I also removed the supercap.
      I was down to my really scrached discs and was trying to see i could get good copies from them, but gave up. I picked up some new titles and went to install them and the xbox wouldnt boot. I get the evo/xbox splash screen to a blank screen with the orange led. Tried booting hexen or soft mod or game disc and nothing.
      I tried cleaning out the dvd drive, that didnt help. The last thing i did with the drive was watch it with the cover off. It doesnt appear to be trying to focus nor does it appear to be emitting a laser. It does move the laser head unit on the rails. But i dont think this should stop a boot to harddrive?
      I went back to the ide drive and the 40 pin cable and no change. I tried combinations of hooking up pc cdrom to the ide and dvd on the power. Thought maybe the dvd drive was corrupting the ide bus.
      Ive checked my caps and board multiple times. The only thing i was suspicious of was a pin point spot on the nvidia chip, i hope it didnt melt itself inside.
      So thats where im at, i think my dvd is toast and maybe the ide on the motherboard is broken.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.