bulkchart32

Input Latency With 4k Tv, Hdmi Possible Solution.

i like to play halo 2 on xlink kai but my vizio 4k tv just makes it not fun. i have adjusted all the settings in the menu to give minimum latency but it's still there. someone pointed out that part of the latency is caused by the fact that the xbox is sending an analog signal to the tv and the tv has to convert it to digital before it can put it to the screen(i know there is inherit input lag in a va panel led tv but that's not what i'm talking about right now). i said all that to ask this question, would one of the hdmi mods for the xbox help solve some of that latency problem by sending a digital signal to the tv? my current setup is using the microsoft hd component adapter and component cables. the tv is a px75-g1. btw, i know it's best to play on a crt but that is difficult right now for several reasons.

This was the exact problem I was having, I made one of the wii2hdmi adapters using retro pro franks guide and it sorted the problem, so i would say yes any sort of hdmi mod would solve this :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bolofski said:

This was the exact problem I was having, I made one of the wii2hdmi adapters using retro pro franks guide and it sorted the problem, so i would say yes any sort of hdmi mod would solve this :)

interesting. i've seen that cable mod he does. what tv are u playing on? and do u actually play online through kai?

noi dont play online but had noticable input lag when playing any game on my downstairs tv, and the wii2hdmi adapter made it go away, have a look here, localhorst86's post was the technical explanation for it

Edited by bolofski

Most new TVs, unless you pay out the @ss, use just fast enough components to work to display a cable TV or over-the-air signal where you don't notice the lag.  Sit an LCD TV next to a CRT TV viewing the same content and you'll most likely notice the lag.  

Digital output from an Xbox's analog component signal with an Xbox AVIP-to-HDMI adapter should only have the lag (should be too small to notice) from its conversion from analog-to-digital.  Lag from a digital HDMI input on the TV should also be minimal to the screen but on cheap TV sets it too may be significant.  All depends on the speed of the electronics used.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bulkchart32
      Please login or register to see this link.  please click that link so that u can see a video of what i'm talking about. you'll notice that there are vertical static(static as in fuzzy static on a tv not, static as in "unchanging") lines on the screen when there is a dark scene. the video doesn't show it too well but they are even easier to see in person. that is the opening sequence of xmen legends. i have this problem on 2 of my stock xbox v1.0's and on my modded v1.4(i also have the diagonal lines on it). the lines do not appear on my v1.6's. i've tried it on 2 stock and one modded 1.6 and none of the 3 have the problem. i am connected thru the official hd xbox thing(with the component cable outputs). i'm wondering if it is an issue with certain capacitors that cause this? if so, does anyone know which specific ones cause it? the reason i ask is because it would be a pain to fully recap each board of the xbox when they are functioning perfectly in all other areas so i'd rather just replace the specific ones instead of recapping the whole board. btw, none of the cap are bulging or show obvious wear. i know that the 1.4's are very prone to the diagonal lines because of bad caps but i don't which ones are the problem.
    • By damanloox
      I've two 1.0 motherboard sets (ie. motherboards, controller daughterboards and power supplies) for sale. Both have clock caps removed. Both working - no issues. 
      One of them has some clock cap damage (namely C7G6 missing). That cap (C7G6) is part of clock circuit so as long as you don't plan on bringing back the clock cap it's not used and not needed.
      Price for the lot: 50 Euro plus shipping (I'm in Ireland). Shipping to UK should be around 5-10 Euro max. Other EU countries - please ask.
    • By fridayshoes
      I have a TSOPED Xbox PAL console and it is running the 2TB Origins image.
      I had previously set the the video mode to NTSC and was using the HD resolutions fine no problem with a HD component cable, only trouble was the cable was not good quality and caused a lot of buzzing sound through my speakers.
      So I bought the Bitfunx HMDI adaptor (think it is similar, if not same as the Pound one).
      Problem I have now is that I can't seem to use it and display in NTSC HD modes at all.
      If I set the console to PAL the Xbox shows the EVOX boot screen and then loads the dashboard fine (obviously only in the lowest res PAL mode)
      If I set the console to NTSC the Xbox shows the EVOX boot screen but then the dashboard won't show as it appears the TV is not receiving a HD signal.

I am stuck, is there anything I can try?

Thanks in advance. 

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.