OGXbox.com

Pulling Clock Cap From Crystal XBoX.

titchgamer

G'day guys,

Just a quick one, Today I aquired a Crystal XBOX, I was under the impression they were all 1.6 but after I soft mod'd its ID'ing it as a 1.4?
From what I have read this may mean its actually a 1.5 as it was manufactured in 2004.

So I know I need to pull the clock cap (which appears dead anyway) But I have opened her up and thankfully no damage to the board that I can see but its a different cap layout to the ones I have pulled before.
Or is this actually a 1.6 and I can leave it be?

So can you confirm its this cap I need to pull out?

cVvXQd4.jpg

As you can see the board is totally filthy so tomorrow I intend on pulling the cap and giving it a good blow out :)

Cheers.

Edited by titchgamer

On 8/30/2020 at 8:50 PM, Benur75 said:

Hello,

please take some time to clean the board, the clocxk capacitor has already leaked. Use IPA, first remove the board from case, to properly clean it.

bye

Dont worry I gave it a pretty good clean with IPA.
The machine in general was absolutely filthy (pic did not do it justice) Thankfully the acid leakage was minimal but the dust was stuck to the board pretty good!

I also replaced the thermal paste for the CPU/GPU.