Sign in to follow this  
madmon

XBmc Won't Boot As Main Dash

I finally got around to setting up my xbmc with the origin skin and the updated UI. It works great and looks amazing, but when I have it set as my default dash it boots to a black screen. I've tried using hexen 2019 & 2020 to set it as default and both have the same out come. 

Soft mod or TSOP/hard mod?

If TSOP or hard mod what bios are you running?

What dash does your console boot in to?

14 minutes ago, madmon said:

1.0 Tsop with x2 bios. Booting to unleashx 

What version X2 Bios ?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

9 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

What version X2 Bios ?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

X2 5035 512kb

Simple to fix you edit the X2 Config file to point to the correct drive and dash.

The config file should be on the C drive 

Make "dash1Name = E:\xbmc\default.xbe"

That's assuming that the XBMC folder is on the E drive

Cheers

SS Dave

9 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Simple to fix you edit the X2 Config file to point to the correct drive and dash.

The config file should be on the C drive 

Make "dash1Name = E:\xbmc\default.xbe"

That's assuming that the XBMC folder is on the E drive

Cheers

SS Dave

Oh okay. Surprised its so simple. How come the hexen method doesn't work? Just out of curiosity. 

The Hexen version should but I don't use Hexen because it keeped changing my dash back to Unleash especially the 2017 version.

I still use Slayers 2.7 as a install disk the set the dash with the config file or by using EVtools for the Evox M8 bios.

Cheers

SS Dave