OGXbox.com

Inconsistent Boot on 1.2/1.3 but NO FRAG

brooselee

Hey all. I am needed some help here. Box will boot fine sometimes, and other times, I get no video or audio. Weird part is I get no FRAG. Lights on the box are normal for the boot sequence. All green, no flashing colors. I have a 1.2/1.3 that I TSOP'd and installed the additional 64mb of RAM. RAM all checks out in xblast and in XBMC and clock cap was pulled. Other caps look fine, but replacements are on order. 4tb WD Blue and Startech with 80wire IDE. Just don't know what would be giving me inconsistent boots at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

RAM chip 3 was the culprit. Reflowed with lots of flux. It would boot with pressure applied to the top of the case. I was able to hold the pressure and test with xblast. #3 was giving me fits, but the no boot was due to a bad job on chip #1. Chip #1 had a slight bridge and would fail sporadically, and chip #3 needed a reflow. In the times I have done this, it definitely wont test or boot if the first chip isnt done right.  So if you are like me and do all 4 at once and dont get a boot, check chip #1 first.

Also, the boards I have done have been 1.0-1.4. Chips from AliExpress and drag solder with lots of flux.

• Like 3