Jump to content
bulkchart32

Is There Any Reason To a 512k Bios Over a 256k?

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

i haven't seen any difference. is there any reason to use one over the other?

Not really I have both on my Open Xenium and the Xblast chip.

Both are configurable via a file on the Xbox the IND 5004.67 has a Config.xml on the C drive and the X25035.67 has a x2config.ini on E drive

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Not really I have both on my Open Xenium and the Xblast chip.

Both are configurable via a file on the Xbox the IND 5004.67 has a Config.xml on the C drive and the X25035.67 has a x2config.ini on E drive

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

will the evox bios work with my 3tb drive? do u have a copy if so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

What install disk have you been using, it should be on there?

hexen 2020. btw, i should have said i want the evo+8. i'm talking the one with a normal xbox boot screen but with a pink evox in the left top corner.

Edited by bulkchart32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tested it with a 2tb drive and it's ok

Please login or register to see this attachment.

It is advisable not to have a large drive connected when Flashing a TSOP as it can sometimes corrupt the partitions.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

hexen 2020. btw, i should have said i want the evo+8. i'm talking the one with a normal xbox boot screen but with a pink evox in the left top corner.

will the evox bios work with my 3tb drive? do u have a copy if so?

Have a look at the one I posted and yes you can use EVtools to edit it.

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have turn off the shield and the like but you can turn them back on I would suggest you leave the DVD unticked .

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

I just tested it with a 2tb drive and it's ok

Please login or register to see this attachment.

It is advisable not to have a large drive connected when Flashing a TSOP as it can sometimes corrupt the partitions.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

i'm having a weird issue. it won't let me ftp that bios to my xbox like i did the others. any idea why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Have you got  modchip and what type.?

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

i'm using the open xenium. i'm trying to ftp the file to hdd like i did with my other bios files and it will not copy over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's strange because I just download it from here and FTPed that bios to the Xbox C/Bios folder.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found it easier to use any USB and a USB to Xbox adaptor for adding BIOS files to a Open Xenium.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I found it easier to use any USB and a USB to Xbox adaptor for adding BIOS files to a Open Xenium.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

i don't know how to do that yet so i just ftp it to the hdd. btw, how do i get igr to work with that bios?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

In Game Reset

Both triggers and Back+Black

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

it's not working for that bios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's Strange as I have put the same bios on a open xenium and loaded the Dragon dash then held left and right triggers and while holding then press the black and back and it reboots 

Is the controller a genuine MS controller?

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

That's Strange as I have put the same bios on a open xenium and loaded the Dragon dash then held left and right triggers and while holding then press the black and back and it reboots 

Is the controller a genuine MS controller?

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

 

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you have both triggers held fully down and then press the Black and Black at the same time.

If you don't press the 2 buttons at the same time it won't reset

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Make sure you have both triggers held fully down and then press the Black and Black at the same time.

If you don't press the 2 buttons at the same time it won't reset

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

what version of evo tool do i need to modify that bios?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one works

Please login or register to see this attachment.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By bulkchart32
      the seek time is a little longer than i'd like it to be. is there a way to defrag the hdd to speed up the seek time?
    • By VCoupe376ci
      So when I thought my only possibility for a hardmod in 2020 was an Alladin X2, I decided to TSOP my 1.0 Xbox. That went successfully and it has IND5003.67 which works fine. I then came across someone selling OpenXenium chips with more bells and whistles than Team Xodus released and picked up one. After installing everything and flashing with X2 5035, the TSOP is now doing nothing and I'd like to revert it back to stock however I cannot find anything about the process. Can anyone shed some light on how I need to proceed? Thanks in advance!
    • By Mirco-bee
      I"m seeking advice on upgrading the Bios on my original Xbox due a larger hard drive installed which also needs a 32k cluster size. Therefore I'm after a better and known BIOS which has LBA48 (+137GB) and only enables partition6 (f:).  

      Xbox info (Known)
      Console model: v1 (0a) Mod chip: Super Aladdin Live Hard drive WD 500GB (PATA) *NOS DVD: Thomson (yuck!) so little luck making it boot CD/DVDs Kernel Version: 1.0.4981.6  Current Bios: Unknown - possibility custom (Xecuter2  4981)
      Currently the xbox HD is formatted 16k cluster size and I am experiencing issues in relation to this and want it to be 32k.    When I run XBPartitioner to correct this, it displays:   Therefore I just need a more recent bios with LBA48 v2+ that also keeps other feature like In Game Reset (IGR)  
      Which is why I'm asking this question to you.
      From my research I've learnt that for BIOS that enables partition #6 is labelled as x.06 for both partitions #6 and #7 is x.67. I've read that Aladdin (mod chips) will only take 256k (default).    Inside the xbox is the Super Aladdin Live and know little about chip size or amount of banks  as only I've found was on the Please login or register to see this link. .   Since my xbox possible has Xecuter2 4981, thought these would be go choice:   Xecuter2 4983 however after looking at:   I have been look a the Please login or register to see this link. . 
        All I know if I flash the wrong bios I'll have to re-flash it with hardware I just don't have. Thanks in advance!

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.