OGXbox.com

Modchip Problem.

excaliburn92

5 hours ago, HDShadow said:

Going back to the chip D0 thing whilst I'm waiting for the Kynar wire I was going through the advice here and in my Aladdin chip thread about wiring the 'easier' D0 point on the bottom of the MB and grounding it to a screw surround rather than the D0 pad on the chip.

I've read since that if do you that it can "strain" the Xbox and reduce its life so its better to use the D0 point on the chip.

What I was wondering is making it neater by using the easier D0 point hidden under the MB but hide the wire to the chip's D0 point by passing it through one of the unused LPC holes.

I am thinking it would be sensible to put some slack in the wire so the chip could be disconnected without needing to cut that wire or de-solder it either end.

So is there any problem routing it through one of those free holes or using a couple of inches more wire for that reason?

If you Xbox is a version 1.0-1.4 it is not going to do any damage by linking the D0 to ground.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HDShadow said:

So only applicable to the v1.6 then, so in this case doesn't apply. That solves that matter - thanks.

Yep and on the 1.6 boards that  I chip I normally cut the LFrame trace and not worry about the D0 connection.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 3 years later...

Hopefully seek an answer, got an original xbox with a mod chip installed able to hold the button in and get the screen to the red xbox sign  put in time and date and go to memory settings etc, not sure on next step to play games could do with some advice please?

14 hours ago, Burch said:

Hopefully seek an answer, got an original xbox with a mod chip installed able to hold the button in and get the screen to the red xbox sign  put in time and date and go to memory settings etc, not sure on next step to play games could do with some advice please?

When you say the red Xbox sign you mean the X in the middle for the screen is red ?

Cheers

SS Dave