Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kloot4zak

Video Quality Differences In Games

Recommended Posts

Heyyy
Soo I finally got some xboxes succesfully tsoped etc. So Im finally actually playing games!!!:D:D:D

BUT,
I see realy differences in the quality of the games..... Like there are some stripes trough the screen of the game ( sorry for bad explanation).
Just see it for yourself: (first picture is GOOD Need for speed underground 1, Second picture is BAD need for speed underground 2)
Please login or register to see this attachment.
Please login or register to see this attachment.
Please login or register to see this attachment.
Please login or register to see this attachment.

Does any1 know what causes this ugly stripes??? some games have it , some emulators have it and some don't.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 8:08 PM, Mindaugas Petronis said:

interlacing maybe?

I would say it's not interlacing because the screen is not moving at the pause screen.
As far as I know interlacing is only occuring when the screen is moving. Please login or register to see this link.

 

On 12/21/2019 at 9:33 AM, Ccub said:

Maybe try forcing resolution through hexeditor

And which resolution should I choose then?? I would like to just use one setting to use all my 2tb of emulators and games you see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seto Kai said:

What are game regions and your console region? Try to switch to NTSC and enable 480p in MS Dashboard.

Pal
And why set 480p in nfs underground 2 if underground 1 is nice this way? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every game is different, one can run at 480p and other at 720p, you don't have to edit every game with hexeditor if it works properly. Just try doing this with this game bc you have problem with displaying it, try different resolutions idk which one could possibly work, this solution is just an idea... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ccub said:

Every game is different, one can run at 480p and other at 720p, you don't have to edit every game with hexeditor if it works properly. Just try doing this with this game bc you have problem with displaying it, try different resolutions idk which one could possibly work, this solution is just an idea... 

But do you agree that it is strange because I think need for speed underground 1 and underground 2 would not differ much from eachother.. and nfs underground 2 should have at least the same or better graphics than underground 1... you see my point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kloot4zak said:

But do you agree that it is strange because I think need for speed underground 1 and underground 2 would not differ much from eachother.. and nfs underground 2 should have at least the same or better graphics than underground 1... you see my point?

Yes, You are right, under the visual aspect they are basically the same game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried some different copy of this game? Also, I don't think that it is caused by vga cable, but it won't hurt if you try with second one if you have a second one of course. The last think that comes to my mind is trying with another bios, just be careful when flashing bc you can brick your xbox when u pick wrong one.

Edited by Ccub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ccub said:

Have you tried some different copy of this game? Also, I don't think that it is caused by vga cable, but it won't hurt if you try with second one if you have a second one of course. The last think that comes to my mind is trying with another bios, just be careful when flashing bc you can brick your xbox when u pick wrong one.

hmmm I could try a different copy, but this is from the 2tb originals Please login or register to see this link. , soo I  would think that everything should work nicely.
I have the EvoX for F and G partition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay... So it appears not to be the game.... the problem is in the output..
Im was using Please login or register to see this link. component cable on Please login or register to see this link. tv...

Using the standard AV cable solves the problem, but ofcourse the quality of the screen goes down to 480p... Not what I want! 😢

Using the Please login or register to see this link. HDMI cable makes the whole screen shake....|

I already invested some money in a proper cable, but im not too succesful....
I consider buying a Pound cable for the tv and a Please login or register to see this link.  for my pc...

Strange thing is... I got this terrible cheap samsung tv.. and the hdmi happens to work a lot better on it.... soo that makes me doubt.. don't wanna waste more money on stuff that doesn't work..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may need to recap the console.  Especially the 5 ultra-low ESR electrolytic capacitors near the CPU heatsink.  Most Xboxes use 3300uF 6.3Vdc 105 degree Celsius rated caps.  Make sure you replace them with low or ultra-low ESR caps not plain old electrolytic capacitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

You may need to recap the console.  Especially the 5 ultra-low ESR electrolytic capacitors near the CPU heatsink.  Most Xboxes use 3300uF 6.3Vdc 105 degree Celsius rated caps.  Make sure you replace them with low or ultra-low ESR caps not plain old electrolytic capacitors.

hmmmm do you think it's necessary? because it's with all the 4 xboxes I own... It only changes when I change the ouput cable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Kloot4zak said:

hmmmm do you think it's necessary? because it's with all the 4 xboxes I own... It only changes when I change the ouput cable

The quality of the impedance matched 75 Ohm coax cables used to carry the component video signals from the Xbox to the TV makes a lot of difference in the video quality.  The cable you linked to may not be using 75 Ohm coax to carry the YPbPr (component) video signals.  You can't use audio quality cables to carry the much higher frequency component video signals to your TV.  I'd try a higher quality Xbox high-definition AV cable/adapter first.  One of the following options:

  • Microsoft's High-Definition AV pack or component video cable
  • Darren Thompson's Please login or register to see this link.  (Please login or register to see this link. ) with a set of component video cables that definitely uses shielded coax to carry the video signals (e.g., Please login or register to see this link. ),  or
  • chimericsystems.com's Please login or register to see this link.

Monoprice also sells higher quality component video cables - see those available on this Please login or register to see this link.  that use larger 18 gauge RG-6/U coax instead of RG-59/U.

Note: The XOSVP does not provide for analog audio so a 5-RCA jacks cable - 3 coax video and 2 analog audio - is not required for it. Only a 3xRCA RG-59/U or RG-6/U component video cable and a TOSLink cable to connect from the adapter to a home stereo receiver with a digital optical input.

Microsoft's High-definition AV pack does provide for analog and optical digital audio connections.  Most sellers forget to include the original cabling that came with the AV pack so you'll need a set of cables for component video (coax x 3) and 2 audio cables for stereo analog audio or a TOSLink optical cable for digital audio out like those required to connect the XOSVP to your TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

The quality of the impedance matched 75 Ohm coax cables used to carry the component video signals from the Xbox to the TV makes a lot of difference in the video quality.  The cable you linked to may not be using 75 Ohm coax to carry the YPbPr (component) video signals.  You can't use audio quality cables to carry the much higher frequency component video signals to your TV.  I'd try a higher quality Xbox high-definition AV cable/adapter first - Please login or register to see this link.  (Please login or register to see this link. ) or chimericsystems.com's Please login or register to see this link. .

Thanks! XOSVP looks very promising.. immediately send the guy an email!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also a good advice, if the console is softmodded, set the video region to ntsc so you can enable 720p/1080i. Makes the console look a lot better on modern TV's. Another great but expensive mod would be the HDMI mod by N64Freak. That gives you the best picture that's possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By bulkchart32
      any way to hook the hdd up to my pc and put the files on it directly? that'd take a few hours vs. 2 days to ftp.
    • By bulkchart32
      i was ftp'ing games onto my new hdd when filezila suddenly error'd. when i went to check my xbox the dashboard said i have 0mb left(i had over 2,000gb on this partition) on e drive and games management said i only have 3 games installed. i deleted the games and the dashboard was saying i only have 3,000+mb's free. long story short, i kept messing around with trying to reformat the hdd and put about 1024gb on 2 partitions but the dash board would only show that i had a little over 3,000mb on each partition even the partition wizard was saying i had 1024gb on each partition. what the heck is wrong with this thing? i'm currently erasing the hdd in my pc and writing all 0's to it. then i intend to try it again but i have no idea if this gonna fix it. btw, i have an aladdin chip(5004 f and g bios), 80 wire ide cable, and 3tb barrcuda seagate drive.
    • By ShinGoutetsu
      Hi guys,
      I posted this on a few xbox groups and thought i'd share it here too. 
      I basically remove the jewel, use a dremel to make a circular hole where the jewel was and then attached a round 800 x 800 pixel (3.4") lcd.
      The video is provided by a small media player such as the Sumvision Cyclone +2 but i am also going to set it up with a raspberry pi zero to save space. Using the small media player means having to lose the dvd rom due to space confinements.
      The interface between the lcd and media player is a HDMI to MIPI pcb with 50 pin flat ribbon cable, you can find them on most china electronics websites. The video is just some boot videos i found and stitched together. This media player can loop playback on start up provided the video is placed in a folder in the root of an SD card or USB stick named AUTOPLAY
       

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.