OGXbox.com

Moving From Softmod To Modchip

xboxkid

21 minutes ago, archfranck said:

1-then I unsoldered and cataloged the 3 wires from the black chip. 2-now I have to ground the D0 point of the white chip before turning on the Xbox, but the D0 point already has a soldered wire going from the motherboard, what should I do?

IMG_20200611_095912[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200611_100004[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200611_102053[1] fre(2Copia) (Copia) (Copia).jpg

Yes that is correct

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ging3rguy said:

If you are using an Aladdin just run the D0 to ground on the motherboard you don’t need the other wires and see if it loads to the install disk.

We are only temporary doing this to reflash a different chip and it's not permanent.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

19 minutes ago, archfranck said:

I understand and after I run the flash restore that connection cut?

ok afternoon as soon as I have time I proceed

Yes then put both Xbox's back the way they were.

Cheers

SS Dave

ok as soon as I can ... I start the xbox with white chipmod and with that wire that starts from D0 and goes to ground.
1-Start slayers I choose flash bios 256kb V1.6.
2- then I detach the white chipmod and put the black chipmod and run the flash bios command.
3- close everything and go back the 3 wires on the black modchip in the locked Xbox and try if it works

IMG_20200611_135952[1] (Copia).jpg

ok I have resoldered the 3 wires on the black chip and on the non-working Xbox and now okkkkkkkk ... now I go out on the bike with my wife and tonight I will fix the other Xbox ... Dave got the conductive paste today .. in these days I try some tsop .. but you must always give me support .. alone I do damage like an elephant in a crystal shop ... hihuhuhuh Thanks again as always ... I'm at 36 xbox ... at 40 I stop ..

99% buy new bmw GS 1250 version exclusive... my wife GRRRRRRRRR eheheheheh

now complete the work in the xbox 1.4 white chip, I have another problem is my first or xbox and for 4-5 months I have noticed a flicker of the video, and today while I was changing chipmod I noticed some slightly swollen capacitors ... it could be and that the problem, it is 3 capacitors 6.3 v -3.300 nf.

IMG_20200611_230552[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200611_230540[1] (Copia).jpg

ok Dave the conductive paste came to me, but I think I would be able to solder the contacts for the tsop using your tin wire method attached. Anyway I want to try the conductive pasta, on some xboxes that have arrived and that I have put aside on hold .. I have an original xbox 1.1 I put on the DVD splinter cell with the soft mod to see the version .. Version 1.1 as you taught me to be able to flash the chip I have to combine 2 points R7D3 and R7R4. Do I start with this operation with conductive paste? I bought 4 packs in small syringes.

I could even try a chipmod, I have several aladin .. but the tsop seems easier