OGXbox.com

Moving From Softmod To Modchip

xboxkid

Hi Dave .. I had a little to do .. let's forget this xbox .. the voltages do not correspond with what you give me, maybe I'm wrong something, however the power supply unit works, as I tried it on another xbox and it works. I'm buying the capacitors then as soon as they arrive I change them to try. However, let's leave it alone, meanwhile I got an original xbox 1.0-1.5 I have not yet understood which version. I am waiting for the conductive paste to arrive so then I will contact you for support to carry out the tsop. Hello and many beautiful things.
Edited by archfranck

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello archfrank.

A version 1.0-1.1 has a 12 pin inline power connector and a version 1.0 has a small fan on the GPU and a separate board for the controllers to plug in to.

The versions 1.2-1.4 have a 20 pin power connector and the version 1.4 has a Focus brand video chip near the AV port.

There is no version 1.5

And Last the version 1.6 has only 2 ram chips on each side and no spots for any extra chips

Version 1.0-1.1. has a 1024kb (1meg) BIOS

Version 1.2-1.4 has a 256kb BIOS

Version 1.6 needs a modchip or softmod

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

ok wait I get the conductive paste .. as soon as I have time I disassemble the moterboard so idebntifichiamo the motherboard without errors .. to understand the bios to be sent .. then there is the problem of the usb stick to load over the exploit for the tsop that does not work for me .. I only work the key for the softmod. But if I have not misunderstood I can use the key for the softmod to do the xploit, but then I do not make the soft mod, but I go to the flash section and send the correct bios .. however as soon as I have everything we try .. ciaooo Dave. maybe I buy myself last medello bmw gs 1250 .... last moto for my eheheh

Ok 

I am thinking of the new  BMW K1600 GT touring I just have to talk myself into it  as the cost here is $50,000 Aud for one with all the options.

do you have a genuine Xbox memory card?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I think I need the memory to put the files inside and then perform the tsop. I have already tried with an xbox compatible usb but it does not make me copy files beyond a certain size gives me an error. Even if with the same usb I have the files for softmod and it works, but as soon as I put the files for tsop it doesn't make me copy the big ones .. I'm not understanding anything anymore ..

5 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

You only need 2 game saves one is for the game you will use to get to the softmod file and the other is the softmod file.

The files I sent are not for soft modding

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, archfranck said:

I think I need the memory to put the files inside and then perform the tsop. I have already tried with an xbox compatible usb but it does not make me copy files beyond a certain size gives me an error. Even if with the same usb I have the files for softmod and it works, but as soon as I put the files for tsop it doesn't make me copy the big ones .. I'm not understanding anything anymore ..

Check your messages

Cheers

SS Dave

6 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The files I sent are not for soft modding

Cheers

SS Dave

Hi, I thought he was trying to do a TSOP. I normally softmod then preform the TSOP.

9 hours ago, archfranck said:

this is Ok?

2.png

That will work fine.

The files  I sent you are a total of  95 blocks and that memory card would be 498 blocks.

Cheers

SS Dave

8 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

Hi, I thought he was trying to do a TSOP. I normally softmod then preform the TSOP.

I don't softmod.

This is version 1.0

Cheers

SS Dave

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I don't softmod.

This is version 1.0

Cheers

SS Dave

Cool, but if he has not done a TSOP before is there a way for him to run bios checker so he can check if he has done the TSOP correctly?

1 minute ago, Ging3rguy said:

Cool, but if he has not done a TSOP before is there a way for him to run bios checker so he can check if he has done the TSOP correctly?

If the links are not soldered correctly then it just won't flash.

Cheers

SS Dave

ok dave all clear I buy that memory ... but in reality I could also use the soft mod .. for me it's not a problem I know the procedure.

Dave, but I read some videos on the internet .. now the topic is a little clearer.
1-I can use my soft mod key that works with exploit splinter cell to make a soft mod first.
2- then balance the 2 contacts on the motherboard depending on the version of the Xbox (1.0-1.5)
3-put on the dvd hexxen and flash tsop.
FINISHED.
If I can not copy the files to another key to perform the tsop without going through the sofmod it is not a problem .. I use the softmop key and I solve, I lose 5 min more.
is this correct?
4-when I perform the soft mod it is not necessary to do the msbackup, as I then change the hardisk and I remain the original in case of problems.
I'm just backing up the eprom.
Correct?
So now in this original xbox I do the soft mod and backup eprom and wait for the conductive paste so I make after the tsop.
STOP

or I wait for my memory to arrive so you can support me in this new procedure for me as I learn it.

Hi Dave I wanted to buy this xbox only the machine without joy, but the seller says it doesn't work. It lights up but nothing is seen on the screen, black screen. seen in the hole that has the aladdin chip mod. What do I take it and then try to get it started? It costs me only 18 euros including shipping. I'll take it?

Screenshot.png

What happens if you press the eject button to power on 

and try holding the power button for 5 seconds to power on.

And that Xbox is a Version 1.4.

Cheers

SS Dave

no dave i don't take it i found 2 xboxes working at 40 euro i take those..for the memory card unfortunately they have already sold it .. too bad because it is not easily found and it is expensive ..
I think I will have to do the tsop with the softmod .. as soon as I get the conductive paste ..

7 hours ago, archfranck said:

Dave bios for this chip? is aladdin i think...

XBOX v. 1.4 and i think 256 k bios ...

Bios to flash?

IMG_20200607_164231[1] (Copia).jpg

I would use the IND 5004.67 bios as it will work with a 2tb hard drive

The chip is a 256kb size.

Cheers

SS Dave