OGXbox.com

Moving From Softmod To Modchip

xboxkid

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave sorry but I have to update the bios of the latest xbox modchip excuter2.
Keeping the ide cable I installed a new 320 gb ide harddisk which on another xbox with mod chip works F and G with games.
But as soon as I mount it on the latter it reads only a part of F and G does not see it.
I have sometimes used hexxen 2019 to successfully flash has all types of updated bios.
But I'm not sure of the choice, I would not want to do damage and I wanted advice from you before proceeding .. I send you photos to make you understand the choices I have to make.
1- bios 265 kb-v. 1.0-1.5

2 - bios x2.4981 F and G

or ind.bios 5004 F and G

or xecuter 2.3-2.6 xbox v. 1.0-1.5

or xecuter 3.0 xbox 1.0-1.6

or

IMG_20200516_125126[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200516_125319[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200516_140041[1] (Copia).jpg

Edited by archfranck

Hi Dave .. 1- I didn't risk making the flash .. I am waiting for your advice .. because as I said before it doesn't see the correct partitions of a 320 GB ide hardisk that on other xboxes works correctly G and G ... anyway between 1- 2 days I get 3 hard disks from 2TB and in case we update later .. I also send you photos of the kernel in case you need to choose the correct bios. 2- other topic ... ehehe tonight I was thinking how difficult it is for me at least to weld the points for the tsop .. but I got an idea..why not to use the silver-based electric conductive paste that is used with a small syringe or with a marker and solidify after 10 min, just a small drop with the sirigna and contact is established. What do you think about it? it is feasible? it seems very simple ... I send you a pictureNuova immagine bitmap.bmp

IMG_20200517_115447[1] (Copia).jpg

Nuova immagine bitmap (Copia).jpg

Nuova_immagine_bitmap.bmp

Yes that sort of conductive paint will work to link the 2  spots.

On the version 1.1 I would use the X2-5035.67 bios and that will work with a 2tb hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I bought it from a Chinese site it will arrive in 1 month, from now on if I have to do tsop use this metoto .. I think very easy ... if I put too much I clean immediately with isopropyl alcohol .. for bios ok tank try now tanks dave Without you I would not have fixed the last 4-5 xboxes .. people sell them when they no longer work .. maybe they only have the wire unplugged ...

I don't know if I find that bios on DVD ... I try ... in case you can send it to me ... if I find it I will write to you

Edited by archfranck

Nothing dave does not send it to me .. I tried both with slayer and also with osblast and I put the file you sent me long ago x2.5035 and the x2 config file to put in C or E ... it doesn't work ...
In another xbox it had worked .. that bios .. in short, it doesn't work .. check the bios checkers and the kernel .. it looks like an aladin

Ok Dave perfect.. ind bios 5004 f and G.. ok now see partition F/G...

Xbox 33 - 320 gb  go Garage

Next is 3 hard disk 2 tb....

at 40 xbox stop for my... my garage fullllll     4 moto and  4 auto... STOOOOOOOPPPPP

You like moto?

i have bmw gs 1200 - CBR 900 Fireblade  - Tmax 500 yamaha and scooter 250 aprilia atlantic

STOPPPPP

hello Dave, I'm waiting for 2 more xboxes to arrive ... but I have 2 dead ones ... who knows if you give me any indication, can I get them started? This is one .. it does not turn on completely off if I press the buttons, some time ago I tried to change the power supply with another working one but nothing the same does not start. You can test it if current arrives at the power plug. I can use the tester not in a professional way .. but I can measure the voltages and continuity of the signal on a circuit, if you can do some tests let me know ... thanks

the power supply should be working as I tried it on another xbox .. I read that the capacitors could be replaced on the motherboard

IMG_20200519_153348[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200519_154147[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200519_231438[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200519_231430[1] (Copia).jpg

Edited by archfranck

99% the power supply is ok I also hear the click when I insert the socket ... the motherboard is perfect no trace of corrosion, even the capacitors I have read that need to be changed seem to be in place, they are not swollen, but if I have to change them I can do it is easy .. let me know what I can try, otherwise I keep it as a spare part .. I think it is a 1.6 version, in fact it does not have the condenser of the clock in that position that is normally found in the v. 1.0-1.5

You need to take some voltage measurements

100587471_Powerfail.thumb.jpg.cb0852570821cab342bca17ae537c866.jpg 

If the 5 volt at the red wires is turning on and off then check the transistor next to the IDE connector.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

all very strange I have not detected any of the voltages you have indicated to me .. but the strangest thing is that I have exchanged the same power supplies from a working xbox and continues to work with the other power supply .. so I would say that the power supply it works. But I do not detect the 5 volts neither 3.3 nor 3.2 in both the first and the second power supply. I don't even detect current in the plug that goes to the hardisk in both power supplies. however both work with the working xbox. with that faulty both do not turn on the Xbox. and I do not even detect current to the transistors .. very strange .. I tried the tester with a 1.5 volts battery and it works .. Strange

but I would say that the power supply works 100% now I have mounted the power supply that made the other xbox work ...

Power supply function 100%

Immagine (Copia).jpg

Edited by archfranck

no flashing...0 volts

i connect ground blakck wires and red wires no voltage... only orange is positive 3,2 v..... boooo

but alimentation for my function

but it works safe I got it from a working one and what was there before I mounted it in the other and it works as well

Problem is moterboard think

Edited by archfranck