Jump to content
Aloony

Please Help Me Identify My Mod Chip

Recommended Posts

Upload "XBlast OS.XBE" from the zip to anywhere on your Xbox HDD via FTP, along with the chosen BIOS file. Then you can use "File Manager" from within UnleashX (in this case, HEXEN uses UnleashX as it's main menu) to browse to the XBE and run it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, samspin said:

Upload "XBlast OS.XBE" from the zip to anywhere on your Xbox HDD via FTP, along with the chosen BIOS file. Then you can use "File Manager" from within UnleashX (in this case, HEXEN uses UnleashX as it's main menu) to browse to the XBE and run it.

which of these files would be the one for F&G capability in the EvoX bios files?

about to FTP it to HDD of xbox

image.png.ff6aaf83f51b79be0eb4abbd38e34300.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137.bin

Should be ok

Please login or register to see this attachment.

rename to bios.bin

SS Dave

 

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137.bin

Should be ok

Please login or register to see this attachment.

rename to bios.bin

SS Dave

 

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.

Thanks heaps Dave!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, samspin said:

Upload "XBlast OS.XBE" from the zip to anywhere on your Xbox HDD via FTP, along with the chosen BIOS file. Then you can use "File Manager" from within UnleashX (in this case, HEXEN uses UnleashX as it's main menu) to browse to the XBE and run it.

omg! Xblast worked!! had to create folder called Bios then had to create image folder too but put the files in there , ran xblast and wished myself all the luck thinking id brick the xbox lol

and wallahhhhhhhhh Bios changed  Thank youuuuuuuuuuu 

image.png.09c30120f1cf76cf2385ea647e73b5b8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank ou so much to both of you!! really appreciate your time helping.

Now what to next? should i play with EVtools and change things in Bios then upload again and Flash or should i just leave it and drop in the 2TB HDD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I take it you got it working?

 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

There you go.

 

SS Dave

 

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent! To remove the EVO-X logo you've now got there, you'd first need to open the BIOS file with EVTool and untick "EvoX Logo" then save and upload the modified BIOS file and flash again.
Make sure you leave "Ignore hard drive partition table" UNTICKED and leave it as "Partition 6 takes rest of drive"! It does not matter that you'll have two partitions extra when using a 2TB, it will still work just fine. Just to be sure you're onto a winner, drop in a 2TB HDD if you have one and check all the partitions work.
Here's how I end up having to do it:
Use XBPartitioner 1.3. To get the F&G partitions to equal size, scroll down to one of them and press B. Then press start to create the extra partitions and table.
Sometimes, despite setting up the partition table, the G partition will show as 0 size, and the F partition will have a wrong size. To correct this:
go back into UnleashX and enter the administration menu to format the partitions (you'll need to use the password "Xbox" without quotes). It will warn about formatting partitions larger than it can handle, just choose yes anyway. When you've done both F and G, go back into XBPartitioner and you will see that the last two partitions are marked ERR. Press the white button on your controller until "format selected partition" appears. Highlight and format the last two partitions again. This ensures that the sector size is correct and will avoid data corruption. I know it's strange having to format effectively three times but it does work. UnleashX will show a slightly higher size for both partitions but as long as both are equal before uploading anything, and the sector size is correct, it should be fine.

Edited by samspin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how I set most of my BIOS as it gives a quick boot

Play with the colors.

Just make sure the it's set to 256k

evtool.PNG.be9428a99ac4d541c5692f2788eded0b.PNG

 

 

SS Dave

 

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bluemeanie23 said:

it's a aladdin  xt lite Cromwell version same pcb layout as the 4064just no headers and a 4032 

That helps a lot! So... the mystery has been solved. The OP's chip is a Xenochip Lite, a clone of the Aladdin XT without the pinheaders! It also looks like someone else had the same problem a couple of years ago: Please login or register to see this link.
In that thread, the OP never did manage to flash from the Xbox, they had to resort to an external programmer as I probably would have done. So you are very lucky that XBlast now exists!
Apparently the reason yours is white is because a select few were made as Christmas specials in 2004- read through the AssemblerGames thread I linked to and KaosEngineer's post confirms this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bluemeanie23 said:

it's a aladdin  xt lite Cromwell version same pcb layout as the 4064just no headers and a 4032 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thank you so much, I will be adding that to my text file for future use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

So I take it you got it working?

 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

There you go.

 

SS Dave

 

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.

Thanks Dave, your help was very much appreciated mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, samspin said:

That helps a lot! So... the mystery has been solved. The OP's chip is a Xenochip Lite, a clone of the Aladdin XT without the pinheaders! It also looks like someone else had the same problem a couple of years ago: Please login or register to see this link.
In that thread, the OP never did manage to flash from the Xbox, they had to resort to an external programmer as I probably would have done. So you are very lucky that XBlast now exists!
Apparently the reason yours is white is because a select few were made as Christmas specials in 2004- read through the AssemblerGames thread I linked to and KaosEngineer's post confirms this.

Hey Samspin

Your method worked a treat after few times it finally worked and it flashed without any issues. I did worry at start but it all went well. Appreciate your help.

I have made note of your posts about the way to partition the HDD and in EVtools.

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By bulkchart32
      if u could put a setting in a mod menu to increase the deadzone for the controllers then that would be awesome. alot of games seem to have super low deadzones and it causes drift unless the controller is brand new. 
    • By Rochdaleguy
      Hi all.
      Came across my old original modded Xbox in loft the other day and had a play and realised I’d missed it.
      Decided to get back into the scene and do some updates on it. Increase hard drive from 160gb to 2tb and a few other bits and pieces..
      i have the old Aladdin Advanced mod chip which boots to evox on long power press and stock on short. Now as Xbox live is no longer a thing on original Xbox, I’ve no further need to keep booting to stock as default.
      Whats the best way to alter it to have it boot with the chip active all the time? Or is there still a benefit to dual boot? If so can I switch the long and short presses around?
      Been a long long time since I messed with these things.
       
      All help appreciated.
      Please login or register to see this attachment.

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.