Soft Flash

Onknight

7 hours ago, Onknight said:

I end up buying  a USB Memory Card Reader and Memory Card 

RqngBGd.jpg

will be here Monday or Tuesday 

Praying this allow me add the Files to Softmod it 

6 hours ago, slycooper124 said:

I have never used it but it looks like it will do the job because the flash drive just simulates that memory card. You still need to use Xplorer360 to put the programs on since that card is in an xfat file system that windows does not read. Please let me know how this works for you, it may help anyone else who comes here for help if this works.

That what i have. I hope you have an computer running xp as the drivers for the memeory card DO NOT WORK on win 7/8/10 and vista has issues.  I recently went through setting this up again from scratch as my XP machine died.

I ended up digging out an ld win 7 laptop and fresh installing xp then win 7 so i now have dual boot. Once you have a working xp its just a case of getting the action replay software (quick google search will find it, get the 1.40 version) and installing it. If you have issues with drop and drag in the software let me know as i have the workaround :)

Quick Edit: Apparently theres a Datel MaxDrive driver that works on win 10 but only 32bit so you might wanna give that a try. 

Edited by nikeymikey
Added more info

4 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

That what i have. I hope you have an computer running xp as the drivers for the memeory card DO NOT WORK on win 7/8/10 and vista has issues.  I recently went through setting this up again from scratch as my XP machine died.

I ended up digging out an ld win 7 laptop and fresh installing xp then win 7 so i now have dual boot. Once you have a working xp its just a case of getting the action replay software (quick google search will find it, get the 1.40 version) and installing it. If you have issues with drop and drag in the software let me know as i have the workaround :)

Quick Edit: Apparently theres a Datel MaxDrive driver that works on win 10 but only 32bit so you might wanna give that a try. 

Isn't action replay used just to modify games savefile for cheats? If so he said he is trying to mod his xbox not mod any savefile for cheat codes. I think your thinking of something else.

@slycooper124

No, the Action Replay for xbox wasn't a traditional Action Replay cheat device, it was used to load saved games with cheats built in. 

It came with a memory card exactly like the maxdrive one above except branded AR. The software is almost identical to the MaxDrive one too. 

Anyway point being you can use the AR software to put the modded save games for softmodding onto a memory card. I did this exact thing just 2 days ago. Once you have it on a memory card you can use it to mod as many xboxs as you like without ever worrying about whether or not you can get a compatible flash drive.

Like i said before the only downside is you will need an XP/Vista PC to use the software without issues to transfer the saves across.

Edited by nikeymikey

Ok I understand, it's a multi purpose device that is used to put game saves from the computer and back. It's been along time since I have been in the xbox scene and it seems that technology has advanced in the modding of the system. It surprises me that there are any advancements in the system because I would figure that the the homebrew community would move on to a newer console

I have used alot of virtual machines and the best one I can reccomend is vm ware. It finds all the drivers for you vs, orical's virtual box, which requires you to hunt down each and every driver to make your OS work. If necessary, if it becomes too much trouble for you I can build you a flash drive ready to go for $8. I can loaded with the mechassault save file and the modding tools to get it going.

Looks like I don't need it after all 

(1) Plug in the reader into PC 

(2) Install the Memory card into the Reader

(3) Start the Xplorer360.beta6 remember to run as administrator

(4) mount the memory Card in the Xplorer360.beta6 Software

(5) Drag the files over 

(6) Take Memory card into Xbox 

(7) Copy the files 

(8)  run the game 

(9)  install the exploits to the Xbox 

(10) Your moded

Edited by Onknight
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, slycooper124 said:

I have used alot of virtual machines and the best one I can reccomend is vm ware. It finds all the drivers for you vs, orical's virtual box, which requires you to hunt down each and every driver to make your OS work. If necessary, if it becomes too much trouble for you I can build you a flash drive ready to go for $8. I can loaded with the mechassault save file and the modding tools to get it going.

well there a 3rd Option  Remember I am in Canada  

5 hours ago, Onknight said:

well there a 3rd Option  Remember I am in Canada  

There's also the reddit.com/r/originalXbox/ subreddit's Xbox Softmod Sharing Chain.

However, it does take being active on reddit to have 1000+ Karma, etc.  All the requirements to get into the chain are spelled out at their post linked above.  There is a person in Canada to obtain the kit from to softmod your console.

On 9/2/2019 at 7:10 PM, slycooper124 said:

Because you are using that action replay kit for a different purpose, it might not work in the way you want it to. Any how my offer still stands if you cant get yours to work.

The Action Replay/Maxdrive works perfectly to get the softmod files and exploit game saves to your console. You are not using it for a different purpose than what it was designed for at all. 

It was designed for transferring games saves to and from a pc and xbox, either regular saves, downloaded hacked "cheat" saves from the AR website or even the exploited softmod saves. It doesne matter which, they are all just game saves as far as the AR/xbox are concerned.

1 minute ago, nikeymikey said:

The Action Replay/Maxdrive works perfectly to get the softmod files and exploit game saves to your console. You are not using it for a different purpose than what it was designed for at all. 

It was designed for transferring games saves to and from a pc and xbox, either regular saves, downloaded hacked "cheat" saves from the AR website or even the exploited softmod saves. It doesne matter which, they are all just game saves as far as the AR/xbox are concerned.

Do you have a link to the software ?