Sign in to follow this  
C64MidRezzie

Hdd Raw Copy and Unlocked 500gb Xbox Drive

Hi - I have an unlocked SATA 500GB xbox drive that is nearly full with games, emulators and the like.  I want to make a backup copy of the drive using Raw Copy - any advice or instructions on how to do this?  I have a PC with a spare HDD slot and and an external drive caddy.  Any advice greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

How is your Xbox modded?

The hard drive will have to be UNLOCKED for the PC and HDD Raw Copy to read the content to create the backup. 

Select the type of backup file to be created:

- .imgc - compressed backup 

- .img  - uncompressed backup

The drive was already unlocked and I have successfully cloned it - I only have a softmodded xbox so how do I lock it?  Could I lock it in Chimp if I hotswap it as a slave drive or since it's a SATA drive could I use the windows version of HDM 2?  Thanks

The easiest way to lock it would be to use xboxhdm23 on your pc with a sata to usb adapter, if you don't have the adapter i believe you can use an older version that doesn't support usb.

12 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

The easiest way to lock it would be to use xboxhdm23 on your pc with a sata to usb adapter, if you don't have the adapter i believe you can use an older version that doesn't support usb.

I have the SATA drive attached via USB in an external hard drive enclosure - is that the same thing?  Any  links on how to use and lock a drive in HDM23 - I googled it and couldn't find much

All you can do is run the xboxhd.bat file and when presented with the 5 options choose number 1 to see if your device has been detected. If it has you can use the option to lock the drive. You will need a copy of your eeprom in the root xboxhdm23 folder for this to work.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help - it turned out that I could lock the SATA drive using HDM V1.9 by connecting my SATA drive using a Startech SATA to IDE adapter to my Dell Optiplex pc - it worked like a charm - delighted!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By shaokhann
      Evening, guys. Xbox 1.0 chipmod. I was transferring ninja missives via ftp. Once the transfer is complete the console is restarted, instead of the Dashboard Unleashx well set by me, I find the same dash but as if it had just been installed (no hd, all the menu in English etc etc). The strange thing is that all applications and programs and emulators are not displayed, despite being in their respective partitions and folders. Another thing that happens now is that using XBMC4GAMERS, when I log in to my account, trying to load the games hangs in the loading. Loading evolutionx, the same thing, I don't see any more programs and emulators. Hdd 1tb Dash unleashx in f: Shortly before I had no problem. Help
    • By grayt
      Hi
      Found this site thank goodness .Just purchased a newly modded box am looking obviously for info regarding the loading of games onto drive via ftp
    • By malarrya
      Hey everyone. I've been using a 500GB SATA laptop drive as my main hard drive for a few years now but it seems to be dying. I'd really like to hear your suggestions on what you find is the best quality or most cost effective drive you recommend. Do you use a 2.5 or 3.5 inch drive? Do you like standard, hybrid, or solid state drives? I was probably going to get one of these but if you know of something better, let me know. I like Seagate drives but am open to other brands you may find reliable.
      CHEAP: HP/Seagate Constellation 2TB 7200RPM 128MB Cache SATA
      Please login or register to see this link.
      MIDDLE: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 
      MORE EXPENSIVE: Seagate FireCuda Gaming (Compute) 2TB Solid State Hybrid Drive Performance SSHD – 2.5 Inch SATA

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.