Hi, it's me again with another weird problem
So, my friend gave me another Xbox with the following issue.
When I plug in the power cable into the Xbox, the fan speed jump for about 4x highest than the normal (why it is turn on???). When I power up the Xbox, that is goes to normal speed. If I turn it off, than the speed jump to high speed again...
There is no any corrosion and the capacitors in good condition...
The Xbox is in original state. There is no modchip or softmod or TSOP flash.
Thanks for your help!
I met the following issue, I try to explain everything... I'm totally lost in space, so I hope, you have some idea what happening...
So, first, what you have to know:
- I've got an xbox classic v1.6 without video and sound output.
- When opened it, I found a MuppetX modchip in it. My friend inform me, he try to flash this modchip, but 1MB always gave an error message "mismatch bios size", so he flashed it with 256KB bios. That was the mistake of him, so the modchip never works again... (The LPC Chip is 49LF020A, like in Aladdin)
- I flashed it with USB Programmer with many types of bios.bin, tried 256, 512, 1024 evom8+ for v1.6, I tried everything to use it again... But the only working solution was to flash it with 4*256kb = 1MB XBlast OS bios. But when I use XBlast NET bios flasher (cause I can't use any other way, just USB programmer), the flashed bios never works.
- I checked all capacitors and all of them is in good conditon... I checked traces and all of them in good condition.
- When I push (more than 5 sec) the power button, the xbox started and loaded the XBlast OS. Without modchip (power up with eject or just push power button) there is no video or sound output. If I change the Bank (I do not know is it bank0 or bank1), the Xbox turn off and turn on again...
- Is there anyone who has an original dump of a MuppetX bios?
- Which is the Bank0 and Bank1 on MuppetX?
- Which BIOS size the correct for that? (As I said, I try 1MB first and all other sizes, but won't work...)
- Why Xbox doesn't give video and sound output without modchip?
Is it maybe an EEPROM error?...
Thank you in advance!
ps: I red this topic:
but do not help
I need your help to identify my mod chip, i purchased this Original xbox and unable to find any information as to what mod chip it is or even what Bios it is using.
I have tried to use the Hexen DVD to try Flash the Bios with the EvoX but none of the bios's i tried worked, it came back with drive ID error and unable to flash blue screen.
Not sure if i am flashing it with correct Bios or not or if i have to manually put the Bios.bin files into the xbox itself via FTP ?
My xbox is 1.6 version, can anyone please help to identify the chip installed ? and what Bios i can use or how to go about it if i cant do it with the Hexen DVD.
I even tried Bios checker but it gives MD5 hash info without any chip information. It currently runs on the Evolution Dashboard however when booting up the xbox it has a custom logo on top left that appears was flashed with a custom bios. please see my image attached of the Mod Chip.
Please login or register to see this attachment.
Board Life Status
Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48