OGXbox.com

Dirty/Damaged Disc Errors when loading from HDD?

ka5ug4

Hey - I seem to remember that DLC can cause this sometimes…

make sure if theres any DLC for your games that its from the right PAL/NTSC region, also some DLC gets ‘signed’ to the console its installed on. Rocky5 added some scripts to Xbmc4Gamers that will sign the dlc for you i think…

Last resort for the dlc is delete the specific tdata folder for that specific game in your e drive i think…

chime in if anyone here knows better of course!

On 3/31/2024 at 10:50 AM, neakmenter said:

Hey - I seem to remember that DLC can cause this sometimes…

make sure if theres any DLC for your games that its from the right PAL/NTSC region, also some DLC gets ‘signed’ to the console its installed on. Rocky5 added some scripts to Xbmc4Gamers that will sign the dlc for you i think…

Last resort for the dlc is delete the specific tdata folder for that specific game in your e drive i think…

chime in if anyone here knows better of course!

Can confirm there's no DLC present on either the 2TB or the 60GB. ( ̄~ ̄)

On 3/31/2024 at 6:36 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Now that is weird. Okay. So run an installation disc with the 60GB, use a common dash and try playing the games in a typical structure: F:/Games/(Whatever Game Folder)/. Use NOTHING from the problem setup. Unless you have done that here. In which case... I'm at a loss.

I haven't messed with Rocky5's stuff in a good while so please correct me if I'm wrong, but drag and dropping the C folder from the prebuilt "XBOXHDM Build" folder onto my C partition should get me a more common setup, right? If it changes anything, the drive was formatted with FATXplorer's "Cerbios" option. (@_@)

My folder structure on the 60GB is exactly like your example, funnily enough (F:/Games/Guilty Gear X2 Reload/), although using the G: partition on my 2TB shouldn't cause any issue, I think. (⇀‸↼‶)

On 3/27/2024 at 9:34 PM, ka5ug4 said:

I've started to list the game's I've gotten this error with, alongside what method I was using to store them on my HDD Some would outright lock up the whole system. Any idea how I could fix this?

If it matters, I'm using Cerbios 2.3.1 UDMA5 on a 1.0 System with a 2TB HDD, obviously with a SATA2IDE adapter.

007 - Everything or Nothing (US, Folder, Stuck on black screen)
Psyvarier 2 - Extend Edition (JP, Folder (same results with CCI), Dirty/Damaged Disc)
Guilty Gear X2 Reload (US, Folder, Dirty/Damaged Disc)
Alien Hominid (EU, Folder, Stuck on a loading screen)
Burnout 3 - Takedown (US, Folder, Stuck on a loading screen)
Dead Man's Hand (US, Folder, Stuck on a loading screen)
Doom 3 (US, Folder, Crashes on start screen)
Doom 3 - Resurrection of Evil (US, Folder, Crashes on start screen)

I tested these games on my 2TB Cerbios softmod and they all load to the main menus. WD20EZBX, Startech adapter, 80 wire, UDMA 5, CCI.

I haven't tested all my games yet, but I'm having trouble with Crimson Skies not loading. It either goes to a black screen, or the load screen appears with the skull at the bottom, and the arrows around the skull rotate a few degrees and then the system hangs. I think my issue is related to an incorrect time/date, as 4Gamers wont set the right time. I downloaded a fresh redump off Archive and it wouldn't play either extracted or CCI.

This is what XBP v1.3 shows when formatted through FatX.

20240401_234835.jpg

20240401_234820.jpg

23 minutes ago, NokSueCow said:

I tested these games on my 2TB Cerbios softmod and they all load to the main menus. WD20EZBX, Startech adapter, 80 wire, UDMA 5, CCI.

I haven't tested all my games yet, but I'm having trouble with Crimson Skies not loading. It either goes to a black screen, or the load screen appears with the skull at the bottom, and the arrows around the skull rotate a few degrees and then the system hangs. I think my issue is related to an incorrect time/date, as 4Gamers wont set the right time. I downloaded a fresh redump off Archive and it wouldn't play either extracted or CCI.

This is what XBP v1.3 shows when formatted through FatX.

20240401_234835.jpg

20240401_234820.jpg

I just tested Crimson Skies on a few I have here. All Rocky5 softmods, clock cap removed on two of them, 2Tb drives, 80 wire 40 pin cables, startech adapters, and not that this has anything necessarily to do with it but all have either been recapped or at the very least have the cpu caps replaced. None were hooked up to Ethernet cables. All loaded the game fine and I was able to start and play through level one on each. The other difference here is this game is ripped straight from the game disc I own and in unpacked form. Also using just the standard unleash dash that comes with Rocky5’s softmod by default. 

Is it possible there are just bad rips out there? I mean that kind of seems unlikely but I guess they could be copies of the same redump. Is there something in Cerbios that could be causing this? Maybe even changing the dash might make a difference since you said xbmc4gamers is what you were using? Couldn’t recall if you’d tried that from your other post. I’m not sure why the time would cause that though. Very strange. 

Edited by FrostyMaGee

I forgot to put in my post, but I've tried UX that's installed by Destinys disc, same issue. I deleted XBMC4Gamers just now and reinstalled a fresh copy off his extras disc, and still wouldn't load the game. But after trying those few games for OP, I loaded Crimson and it loaded just fine, with ethernet attached, twice. I unplugged ethernet, reset xbox, and black screen again. Manually selecting the default.xbe in file manager has the same issue.

14 minutes ago, NokSueCow said:

I forgot to put in my post, but I've tried UX that's installed by Destinys disc, same issue. I deleted XBMC4Gamers just now and reinstalled a fresh copy off his extras disc, and still wouldn't load the game. But after trying those few games for OP, I loaded Crimson and it loaded just fine, with ethernet attached, twice. I unplugged ethernet, reset xbox, and black screen again. Manually selecting the default.xbe in file manager has the same issue.

How very odd. I wonder what the hell is causing that? Have you tried an xiso version off of vimms? Just trying to think of a non redump version. Just bizarre it would work with Ethernet plugged in and crash without it. 

Edit: I should probably make further comments on your post rather than here. Doh!

Edited by FrostyMaGee

Now I'm really confused (@_@)

The 60GB had nothing on it but Rocky5's UnleashX build (FTP update), two games (Guilty Gear X2 and Psyvarier), and the Cerbios boot animations + ini file. Neither wanted to work via folder. How would I go about running them off XISO, just to be 100% certain? I'm about to try out CCI's off re-downloaded Vimm's XISO's. (・・;)

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ka5ug4 said:

The 60GB had nothing on it but Rocky5's UnleashX build (FTP update), two games (Guilty Gear X2 and Psyvarier), and the Cerbios boot animations + ini file. Neither wanted to work via folder. How would I go about running them off XISO, just to be 100% certain? I'm about to try out CCI's off re-downloaded Vimm's XISO's. (・・;)

In your games dir you make a folder for your specific game. In that folder you place your game xiso.iso file. You download the attacher file here:

https://github.com/Rocky5/Xbox-Softmodding-Tool/blob/master/Utilites/Xbox/Attacher%2C Detacher/Extras Disc Attacher.zip

Unzip and place the default.xbe file within into that game dir. You can rename the xbe title (not the actual default.xbe but rather how it displays in a games list) through file explorer on the Xbox. I believe once you have the default.xbe highlighted it’s the white button that brings up a menu where you can scroll down and locate this option. 

You may want to reboot once you’ve done this just in case it doesn’t show up in the games menu. Alternatively you can launch default.xbe via file explorer as per normal. 

1 hour ago, ka5ug4 said:

It's doing the SAME THING?... Something is up with that console that the games don't like...

Considering how many weird issues I've had with it (known working SATA2IDE adapters not working without hardmod, Ethernet not working, now games not loading), I'm thinking the system's cursed as this point ╮( ̄ω ̄;)╭