OGXbox.com

Safe to update XBMC4Gamers at the moment ?

Voljega

I successfully updated the UrlDownloader, but when I tried to download / update DVD2XBox I had an error mentioning Google ...

So I'm a bit nervous, is it safe to update XBMC4Games from 1.8.0.1 to 2.0.0.1 at the moment or is it better to wait for the Google situation to be resolved ?

Edited by Voljega

• Voljega changed the title to Safe to update XBMC4Gamers at the moment ?

There seems to be a problem with the Google links at the moment. I have been unable to download anything from the downloader since 6/01. Others have also reported issues. 

@Rocky5 is mormally very quick to fix any issues at his end so I get the impression that this is a Google Drive issue and maybe isn't something he can fix.

1 hour ago, nikeymikey said:

There seems to be a problem with the Google links at the moment. I have been unable to download anything from the downloader since 6/01. Others have also reported issues. 

@Rocky5 is mormally very quick to fix any issues at his end so I get the impression that this is a Google Drive issue and maybe isn't something he can fix.

I downloaded the artwork installer on 8 consoles and updated xbmc4gamers as well as the urldownloader on 2 more only 2 days ago. Are you guys sure the links are down for everyone?

5 minutes ago, Raidernick said:

I downloaded the artwork installer on 8 consoles and updated xbmc4gamers as well as the urldownloader on 2 more only 2 days ago. Are you guys sure the links are down for everyone?

It  seems to be a Google issue as its is the Too many requests error that I get. Tried on two different consoles. I was able to update the downloader yesterday but that was it, nothing else would download. I have tried it again today yet. 

1 hour ago, Voljega said:

hmmm I would guess it's a matter of managing to download the new version or not though, so might as well try it ...

The issues seem to be fixed at my end. I have updated to the latest version and successfully downloaded some other bits too.

It’s always google, I have bought a domain and site hosting so have to redo the downloader script. Might be slower to download stuff but it should never go down. 

Google was good, easy to update files and quick. Now it’s a pain as it keeps limiting files, even the small ones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2