OGXbox.com

Problems with the Xenium programmer

herooftheday

10 minutes ago, herooftheday said:

I currently use a rpi 2B maybe I will try again with a pi zero w

You know what I did? When I saw this, I held down the pi against the pogo pins. Even though it had already jtagged first, something about the pogos pushing the chip up at an angle caused the pin header to have an issue. The female header wasn't contacting properly when torqued at an angle by the pogo pins. . I put pressure on the pogo side to the point where the chip was flat, reflashed, and Xenium OS made it through the LPC okay. :) Just try it.

I had the same exact problem.

2 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

and just to be sure.... after adding that line... you redid "./install" ?

Yes

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

pogos pushing the chip up at an angle caused the pin header

I do use Breadbord jumpers on the one side and soldered to the chip on the jtag and with a pinheader on the lpc side

but I bought all the parts for it.

5 hours ago, herooftheday said:

Yes

I do use Breadbord jumpers on the one side and soldered to the chip on the jtag and with a pinheader on the lpc side

but I bought all the parts for it.

Oh dang. Okay. NVM 😛 I just built it how @Dtomcat18 did and I don't know how common that approach may actually be. Eventually it DID flash, but maybe some flashes/CPLDs are finicky for whatever reason. You could always come up with a flashing console and once you JTAG the CPLD, hotswap it while the xenium tools xbe is running and flash it that way. Bit more roundabout but it does work as long as the CPLD is sound.

8 hours ago, herooftheday said:

can I do that with an aladdin modchip and than hotswap to the xenium?

Just make sure that the xenium-tools program is actually running before you hotswap. If you try to do it in the dash, for example, and then try to load the xbe with a blank xenium on the header, your xbox will freeze. Evidently the bios is called on in the flash every time an executable is run. I really don't know why. I would like to know. I thought it was kept in memory always

You will need the flash dump of xeniumOS, with xeniumOS and the rest of the flash blank.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JBsEBU59AzfZAt9eEmzBn1jN6GrjQl9n/view?usp=drive_link

Just place it in the same folder as the xbe and flash it when selecting the proper entry in the tools menu.

honestly don't know LOL... just confirming that it works with those two

9 minutes ago, herooftheday said:

Pi Zero W is it not slower like a rpi1?

That is for power stability and may make a difference

6 minutes ago, herooftheday said:

for the pcb do I need the big cap?
sadly there is no bom?

• Thanks 1