OGXbox.com

rgh 1.2 fat falcon xbox 360 but ?

DARK A

i know you are focused on og xbox  but i guessed you have knowledge on 360 modding

i have a problem

i was trying to start rgh 1.2 my fat falcon xbox 360 but i had a problem im using jr programmer and coolrunner rev c and jrunner with extra i didnt start soldering the coolrunner yet i only solder programmer
and i got to read the nand with no error 2 times

but after Writing glitch.ecc to Nand i got these errors

Error: 000 writing block 17
Error: 000 writing block 21
Error: 000 writing block 40
Error: 000 writing block 4D
what im doing wrong ? and if i use the picoflasher  i get better results ?

ps: i forgot to backup the nand im i done for ?

if anyone curios here is my soldering wires

P_20231221_06bb0434.jpg

P_20231221_06035gg3.jpg

2 hours ago, DARK A said:
ps: i forgot to backup the nand im i done for ?

Your NAND dumps should be in a folder in JRunner called "output".

Also, that soldering is atrocious. Errors on blocks are almost always wiring/soldering related. RGH is very sensitive to solder connections and wiring. Which guide are you following?

18 minutes ago, Marty said:

Your NAND dumps should be in a folder in JRunner called "output".

Also, that soldering is atrocious. Errors on blocks are almost always wiring/soldering related. RGH is very sensitive to solder connections and wiring. Which guide are you following?

i forgot to write  that i  read the nand a secend time after  the fail  of ecc write so  im i done for ?

atrocious ... yeah its my first time i did better after on the og xbox

13 minutes ago, DARK A said:

thanks

so how to return the nand ?

J runner should do all of this automatically since it's pretty thorough. that soldering needs to be done better so you know it won't be a problem for you. I would use kynar wire for those points. The wire you're using is friggin HUGE. 😛 You're making sure to use plenty of flux, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

J runner should do all of this automatically since it's pretty thorough. that soldering needs to be done better so you know it won't be a problem for you. I would use kynar wire for those points. The wire you're using is friggin HUGE. 😛 You're making sure to use plenty of flux, right?

im using the wires that came with jr programmer

3 hours ago, DARK A said:

im using the wires that came with jr programmer

Not trying to give you a hard time at all. The wires that come with the programmer are honestly bigger than you wanna be dealing with, if you can help it. I used a pi pico and used 30AWG wire. It gives you much more room to work with and isn't individually stranded. :)

Check the zoomed full photo. You'll see what I mean.

PXL-20231215-101340970.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 2:12 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Not trying to give you a hard time at all. The wires that come with the programmer are honestly bigger than you wanna be dealing with, if you can help it. I used a pi pico and used 30AWG wire. It gives you much more room to work with and isn't individually stranded. :)

Check the zoomed full photo. You'll see what I mean.

PXL-20231215-101340970.jpg

i figured it
it wasnt my soldering it was jr programmer it wasnt working that good
i switch to picoflasher and its fully working .
so how to retun to stock or working nand now ?
because i lost my original nand ,  my console is falcon

or is the console done for ?

1 hour ago, DARK A said:

i figured it
it wasnt my soldering it was jr programmer it wasnt working that good
i switch to picoflasher and its fully working .
so how to retun to stock or working nand now ?
because i lost my original nand ,  my console is falcon

or is the console done for ?

Are you afraid of losing your original flash? Is that what your concern is? ... I wouldn't be :) As long as your flash is good, of course.

What was your output, anyway? Was anything actually succesfully written with jrunner? Are you able to boot right now? If all you had was unsuccessful writes and you can still boot, just run again using the tutorial and jrunner will do everything for you, step by step!

https://xbox360hub.com/guides/rgh-3-guide/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Are you afraid of losing your original flash? Is that what your concern is? ... I wouldn't be :) As long as your flash is good, of course.

What was your output, anyway? Was anything actually succesfully written with jrunner? Are you able to boot right now? If all you had was unsuccessful writes and you can still boot, just run again using the tutorial and jrunner will do everything for you, step by step!

https://xbox360hub.com/guides/rgh-3-guide/

its not the flash its the nand i think its corrupted.

my output is  i try both  hd and av nothing shows up.

yes after using  picoflasher every time i read and write  i got successful with no errors.

no i only get middle light blinking and some times 2 red light up right and down left 

i try  diffrent  console

i got read nand no problem and i creat and write xell no problem

i try booting the console with eject to get the key  it turn on by flashing the middle light only and there is no display neither hd or av

im i doing somthing wrong ?

btw the console is japanese falcon

Edited by DARK A

57 minutes ago, DARK A said:

i try  diffrent  console

i got read nand no problem and i creat and write xell no problem

i try booting the console with eject to get the key  it turn on by flashing the middle light only and there is no display neither hd or av

im i doing somthing wrong ?

btw the console is japanese falcon

read this

29 minutes ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Use flux.  many brands out there - Kingbo, Amtech etc

This one is legit: (Super cheap, big container and lasts a long time)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143408532066

thanks but i did a better job on the next console

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

i figured it out what the problem was it was cpu rst the alternive one showed in mario video it wasnt working for me i did the one under the xclamp now everything was working untill i connected the dvd now sometimes it boot sometimes it dont and show red light

i think my cable management is  very bad or is it something to do with the dvd ?

and  if its  the cable management can someone  show me a  better management for all the wires ?

Edited by DARK A
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, DARK A said:

i figured it out what the problem was it was cpu rst the alternive one showed in mario video it wasnt working for me i did the one under the xclamp now everything was working untill i connected the dvd now sometimes it boot sometimes it dont and show red light

i think my cable management is  very bad or is it something to do with the dvd ?

and  if its  the cable management can someone  show me a  better management for all the wires ?

This is normal on some rgh 1.2 installs.  Its interference with the pulse waves during glitch cycles.  Can you show some pictures of your wire routing?  Are you using a resistor on PLL?  If you are what value?  Are you using Diode on post?  If so the right one?  Also, what chip and timing file are you using.  Some will behave oddly.  I like to test with dvd re-attached and top case installed.  These 2 will change your glitch values sometimes. 

I only RGH 1.2 phats now since rgh3 can be picky on some phats.

Slims I RGH3 all day and noticed that some trinities will short resistor and you will get black screen at boot until you replace or remove resistor.  Coronas have never done this to me so I've opted to not use resistors on Trinity mobos anymore.

Use this J-Runner from Octal450: https://github.com/Octal450/J-Runner-with-Extras/releases/tag/V3.3.0-r2

Hope this helped.

3 hours ago, Donnie-Burger said:

This is normal on some rgh 1.2 installs.  Its interference with the pulse waves during glitch cycles.  Can you show some pictures of your wire routing?  Are you using a resistor on PLL?  If you are what value?  Are you using Diode on post?  If so the right one?  Also, what chip and timing file are you using.  Some will behave oddly.  I like to test with dvd re-attached and top case installed.  These 2 will change your glitch values sometimes. 

I only RGH 1.2 phats now since rgh3 can be picky on some phats.

Slims I RGH3 all day and noticed that some trinities will short resistor and you will get black screen at boot until you replace or remove resistor.  Coronas have never done this to me so I've opted to not use resistors on Trinity mobos anymore.

Use this J-Runner from Octal450: https://github.com/Octal450/J-Runner-with-Extras/releases/tag/V3.3.0-r2

Hope this helped.

Crap, I used a resistor on my trinity. Hope it doesn't die 😛 What makes this version of J-Runner special?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Crap, I used a resistor on my trinity. Hope it doesn't die 😛 What makes this version of J-Runner special?

I've done rgh3 on around 8 trinity boards using a resistor and have never had an issue with them not working or breaking at a later date.

Also there is nothing special about that jrunner it's just the latest version.

Edited by Raidernick
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

If you get any boot issues check that.  Best version bro.  Octal pretty much continued the work.  has all patches, most timnings, etc.  I have issues with the sonus part of it.  For that I load up an older version of JR.

• Like 1