OGXbox.com

rgh 1.2 fat falcon xbox 360 but ?

DARK A

9 minutes ago, Raidernick said:

I've done rgh3 on around 8 trinity boards using a resistor and have never had an issue with them not working or breaking at a later date.

Also there is nothing special about that jrunner it's just the latest version.

Well when you do them in the hundreds/thousands you will run into this.  If you get any back I would check res.  For those of you that don't know - Jrunner extras is beyond special as Octal put love into it and gave us everything all in one.  Example: You cant HDXL or USB XL on older Jr's without manually doing it.

17 minutes ago, Donnie-Burger said:

If you get any boot issues check that.  Best version bro.  Octal pretty much continued the work.  has all patches, most timnings, etc.  I have issues with the sonus part of it.  For that I load up an older version of JR.

The RGH hacks and j-runner truly impress me. I cannot believe there is so much precise work done on this. I need to educate myself about how RGH works. I understand the basic idea of what is happening but it would be fascinating to learn more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

The RGH hacks and j-runner truly impress me. I cannot believe there is so much precise work done on this. I need to educate myself about how RGH works. I understand the basic idea of what is happening but it would be fascinating to learn more.

Its a voltage glitch attack like switch modchips.  Pretty cool how it all evolved over the years to not need a modchip anymore.  RGH3 2 wires is impressive.  Sucks that Winchester motherboards were not defeated.

21 minutes ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Its a voltage glitch attack like switch modchips.  Pretty cool how it all evolved over the years to not need a modchip anymore.  RGH3 2 wires is impressive.  Sucks that Winchester motherboards were not defeated.

Yeah you used to need a chip to generate the pulse and I guess they found parts on the board that do basically the same thing. right?

I'm trying to find a video explaining exactly how it works and I can't find one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Yeah you used to need a chip to generate the pulse and I guess they found parts on the board that do basically the same thing. right?

I'm trying to find a video explaining exactly how it works and I can't find one.

I believe they are using the southbridge for glitching

19 hours ago, Donnie-Burger said:

This is normal on some rgh 1.2 installs.  Its interference with the pulse waves during glitch cycles.  Can you show some pictures of your wire routing?  Are you using a resistor on PLL?  If you are what value?  Are you using Diode on post?  If so the right one?  Also, what chip and timing file are you using.  Some will behave oddly.  I like to test with dvd re-attached and top case installed.  These 2 will change your glitch values sometimes. 

I only RGH 1.2 phats now since rgh3 can be picky on some phats.

Slims I RGH3 all day and noticed that some trinities will short resistor and you will get black screen at boot until you replace or remove resistor.  Coronas have never done this to me so I've opted to not use resistors on Trinity mobos anymore.

Use this J-Runner from Octal450: https://github.com/Octal450/J-Runner-with-Extras/releases/tag/V3.3.0-r2

Hope this helped.

im not near it to  take picture .

its rgh 1.2  so no resister or diode

im using mario tutorial

im already using jrunner with extra

i did a better wires  managment and it boot now no  problem if i did not connect the dvd it work with hdd no problem

the problem now only  with the dvd what can be the cause ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Yeah sorry forgot not rgh3.  So no boot with dvd is still interference - Gotta try routing cables away from some components that cause this.  Post and CPU are sensitive.

i already got them away from each other when i was managing the wires

just to make sure is post and cpu on cool runner a and d ?

29 minutes ago, Marty said:

Do you have another power brick to test with?

Are you getting any error lights on the power brick?

Stock hard drive, or do you have another hard drive to test with?

sadly no 

yes  red sometimes

yes

7 minutes ago, DARK A said:

yes  red sometimes

Sounds like adding the extra device (DVD) is putting too much strain on a failing power brick.

If you're plugging the power brick into a power bar or surge suppressor, try plugging it straight into the wall outlet.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Marty said:

Sounds like adding the extra device (DVD) is putting too much strain on a failing power brick.

If you're plugging the power brick into a power bar or surge suppressor, try plugging it straight into the wall outlet.

thanks for the info

1 hour ago, Marty said:

i try directly into  the wall

now its yellow or green im not sure , anyway the cool runner now blink  3 times then  stop for 2 secend on repeat  i left  it for 5 minutes  same thing no booting or display

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 5:06 AM, DARK A said:

i try directly into  the wall

now its yellow or green im not sure , anyway the cool runner now blink  3 times then  stop for 2 secend on repeat  i left  it for 5 minutes  same thing no booting or display

anyone can help ?