OGXbox.com

possible to clone 1TB to 2TB

prtscn

Hope I have not misunderstood but you are likely going to be unhappy if you do what you said in that final sentence. AFAIK you cannot extend F:\ without wiping its content. Maybe on PC with FATXplorer but I do not know about that.

Maybe if you have the, apparently, magic CerBIOS it might be different but in all other cases a 2TB HDD has to be formatted to have less than 1TiB in both the extended partitions ie. F:\ and G:\. n other words it must be split equally.

What I do not know also, because I haven't done it myself, is what happens if you clone a 1TB HDD then reformat the clone to create a new G:\ drive in the free space. Whether it reformats both extended partitions and wipes the content of F:\ I have no idea but I think it might do.

In short I'd be interested in an authoritative answer too.

17 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

Hope I have not misunderstood but you are likely going to be unhappy if you do what you said in that final sentence. AFAIK you cannot extend F:\ without wiping its content. Maybe on PC with FATXplorer but I do not know about that.

Maybe if you have the, apparently, magic CerBIOS it might be different but in all other cases a 2TB HDD has to be formatted to have less than 1TiB in both the extended partitions ie. F:\ and G:\. n other words it must be split equally.

What I do not know also, because I haven't done it myself, is what happens if you clone a 1TB HDD then reformat the clone to create a new G:\ drive in the free space. Whether it reformats both extended partitions and wipes the content of F:\ I have no idea but I think it might do.

In short I'd be interested in an authoritative answer too.

i was thinking about partition G, but for some reason i wrote F.

So i clone HDD from 1 to 2 TB. Leave F partition as is and format remaining space to G partition. 

I will try to do this and report my results.

• Thanks 1

The first couple of replies in this older thread may give you some clues as to what you need to do when cloning drives for the OGxbox.

From my experience FatXplorer can only create and format an entire drive and can't create a single partition on already existing drive with a file system.  So, creating a G drive on an already existing xbox files system will possibly need to be done on the xbox with Xbpartioner. 

2 hours ago, prtscn said:

i was thinking about partition G, but for some reason i wrote F.

So i clone HDD from 1 to 2 TB. Leave F partition as is and format remaining space to G partition. 

I will try to do this and report my results.

This is the correct answer. There are two options :

1. Do This.

2. Use FATXplorer to backup F on your PC HDD, Format F to 2 terabytes, move stuff back. Then you would have one data partition instead of two.

FTP is also possible, technically, but I think a file would fail to copy before your whole drive was even close to being copied. There are too many risks for failure... Also it's slow as FUCK.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, prtscn said:

Cloning completed additional partition was created with xbpartitioner. Everything works.

Problem, i want to offload files to a new partition, but transfer speeds are criminally slow. Any proper file manager to internally transfer files? fatxplorer only mounts 1 partition.

I don't know why, either. It should be loading the whole drive and ALL its partitions, ideally. Transfer speeds in file managers in a dashboard are too slow, you're saying?

On 12/13/2023 at 7:14 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

2. Use FATXplorer to backup F on your PC HDD, Format F to 2 terabytes, move stuff back. Then you would have one data partition instead of two.

You're saying that with FATXplorer you can now create a 2TB F:\drive rather than, previously, when you had to spit it equally between F:\ and G:\, yes?

I too was going to suggest backing up the existing F:\ drive content to PC first and then transferring it back once the drive was correctly partitioned but assumed prtscn did not want to do that as it would take a donkey's age to do.

I think my HDD is fragmented heavily, because how hectic the head is articulating when accessing data.

There is no other way to defrag HDD, but by transferring files to PC and transferring files back to XBOX HDD.

Problem, i want to retain time stamps for files and folders. For that i use Robocopy, but for some reason some folders dont have original date. Can someone advice me on this, google refers to DCOPY:T command, but no dice. I have a problem with folder time stamps.

Command i use: X:\ D:\F /DCOPY:T /COPY:DAT /E /MIR /MT:2

False alarm, wrong time stamp reverts to original when i cancel operation, so after completion time stamp should revert to original. During transferring time stamp on folders are not original.

Edited by prtscn