OGXbox.com

Bad Ram?

Bowlsnapper

17 minutes ago, FrostyMaGee said:

It’s quite possible I’m remembering something I read that Kaos wrote actually. Lol

Yeah, he would know. The only thing that's throwing me off is that the light is not actually flashing on the frag cycles... It's solid until the frag restarts. I've never seen that happen during a frag. Doesn't the light usually flash green in between restarts, or am I remembering that wrong?

10 minutes ago, Marty said:

Is there a story to go with this video? What are the details?

Just bought it for 40 bucks. Was supposed to only have a bad DVD drive... Guess I have to start replacing RAM modules?

7 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

General system failure. Often caused by an improper modchip install. May indicate a RAM error.  Had that a couple of days ago as I made another 1.3b. with only 64mb of Hynix ram. One leg was loose. 

I'll reflow the legs and if that doesn't help, I'll have to replace the RAM entirely. There does not seem to be any indication of any LPC work whatsoever, so I would say RAM.

12 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

General system failure. Often caused by an improper modchip install. May indicate a RAM error.  Had that a couple of days ago as I made another 1.3b. with only 64mb of Hynix ram. One leg was loose. 

I’m glad I basically remembered it right. Lol. :) It just popped when I saw the red and orange flash in the video. I knew I’d at least read about it before. 

56 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Yeah, he would know. The only thing that's throwing me off is that the light is not actually flashing on the frag cycles... It's solid until the frag restarts. I've never seen that happen during a frag. Doesn't the light usually flash green in between restarts, or am I remembering that wrong?

Yeah the frag is just red and green and it’s usually right from the jump. Though I’ve seen it delayed for a few seconds before it frags too. The flashing red and orange is a whole different animal and it usually does it exactly like in your video actually. The ones I’ve seen do it at least. Not one I’ve really run across a lot. 

13 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Fixing flashing red/orange tutorial - Difficulty 8/10 - Xbox Tutorials - Xbox Hacking, Xbox Modchips, Xbox Dashboards, Xbox Bios, Xbox Softmods, Xbox Auto Installers (xbox-hq.com)

actual bad RAM chip(s), shorted pins on the RAM chip(s), broken pin, disconnected pin, or damaged trace that carries the CK enable signal to the RAM chips. There are a lot of possible problems that can cause red/orange flashing for errors detected on startup when accessing RAM.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Fixing flashing red/orange tutorial - Difficulty 8/10 - Xbox Tutorials - Xbox Hacking, Xbox Modchips, Xbox Dashboards, Xbox Bios, Xbox Softmods, Xbox Auto Installers (xbox-hq.com)

actual bad RAM chip(s), shorted pins on the RAM chip(s), broken pin, disconnected pin, or damaged trace that carries the CK enable signal to the RAM chips. There are a lot of possible problems that can cause red/orange flashing for errors detected on startup when accessing RAM.

... Ah man... So basically ram chips not running or communicating properly. Fuck. So which one of these is the most common issue with the ram? Do you know?